Ronda Restaurants

Pizza at Restaurante El Capricho
    by HORSCHECK
  • Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by aussirose
    Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by...
    by aussirose
  • Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by aussirose
    Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by...
    by aussirose

Most Recent Restaurants in Ronda

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Don Miguel: Right by the Puente Nuevo

by GentleSpirit Updated Jul 13, 2013

The location is fantastic! At the end of the bridge facing the upper gorge. Visually, it is a spectacular place. One of the local recommendations seemed to be stewed oxtail, which i had never had. I figured I would ask someone that didn't have a stake in the outcome (someone that didn't work in the tourist trade) so I asked a local cop to tell me what it was like and would he recommend it etc. From what he told me I passed on the oxtail.

Don Miguel is a hotel/restaurant right on the edge of the gorge. The ambiance of the restaurant is nice, quiet and relaxed. I went a bit late, so by then all the tourists had finished eating. Service was excellent. I understand that some of the staff speaks other languages, but I can't say.

It is a good restaurant, with a good selection of quality food. The price as i remember it was quite reasonable when I was there a few years ago. (I had written down $23 US at the time, I'm sure it has gone up since then). Would I recommend this restaurant..absolutely!

Favorite Dish: I had venison with a hunter sauce. It didn't have that gamey taste and the onion in the sauce was a nice taste. It was marinated in red wine and onions. I was perhaps a bit surprised that the cooking I tasted in Ronda was somewhat less spicy than the Cadiz/Jerez region which i had just come from.

A delicious gazpacho soup to start things off. To end things I asked the staff if they could do me a favor. I had a sudden craving for arroz con leche (rice pudding) which the Spaniards usually just eat for breakfast. The chef said he would be happy to make it for me. The Spaniards make it with lemon and cinnamon, so it tasted a bit different from the Latin American arroz con leche that I was used to. They baked it for just a little bit...god was it good!

• Wine Tasting

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Arminan 25 Cafe - Ronda: Average, inexpensive cafe in Ronda

by aussirose Updated Jan 13, 2012

Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by aussirose

We were dreadfully hungry and were walking up the hill after crossing the famous bridge in Ronda. We passed some gift shops and came across a cafe with outside alfresco dining under the shade. It looked like a popular spot so we sat down for a spot of lunch.

On the good side, the service was great and the food was relatively cheap for the location. On the downside, the food was pretty average.

I was yet to find a good restaurant in Spain.....actually, not until Valencia....next destination.

• Beer Tasting

• Mi Casa: not typical tourist trap

by joliu Updated Jun 25, 2011

On a small quiet street in the middle of tourist/shopping mayhem is this small family-run tapas restaurant, where mama makes all the food and papa provides the service. The reason we stopped here at first was because she was so nice and friendly, and we came back the next day because the food was some of the best we'd had in Spain. This is a typical Spanish resto/bar with TVs and patio chairs inside. But the quality and price of the food was fantastic!
    It seemed that everything they had on display at the bar were the best items, but a little adventure can be well worth the risk.

Favorite Dish: Recommend the "bacalao con maresco" (cod in a seafood, meat and tomato sauce) and the "boquerones con vinegre", which are a small local fish like Herring in a delicately pickled brine.

• La Pilastra del Torero: Great steaks!

by justinhindle Written May 9, 2011

Just next to the main viewing point for the Puente Nuevo is La Pilastra del Torero. The restaurant is very bright and airy and colourfully decorated inside.

Also inside is a 500 year old bodega from the original convent, and on the outside there is a lovely terrace overlooking the steep gorge, which gets lovely sunlight at lunchtime.

I had the gazpacho starter, which was excellent, and then the Entrecot main. Both were excellent. My wife's seabass also looked very good, and apparently tasted it too...!

The service was friendly if a little busy at the peak of lunchtime - but I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Ronda. The food is excellent, the service friendly and the views from the terrace are second to none!

Favorite Dish: Entrecot - the meat is excellent and very simply served with little more than salt. The meat speaks for itself as the star of the dish.

• pabertra's Profile Photo

Relax Bar and Restaurant: Great Vegetarian Restaurant

by pabertra Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant has a very nice ambience with old wooden tables and a friendly, but small bar. This is definitely a traveler´s hang out, but try the food and you will see why. There are many vegan options for those that go that route, but for those just looking for a healthy meal you are in luck.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Pizza El Capricho . plaza del Socorro: Maybe the Pizza would have been better,maybe not.

by Waalewiener Updated Apr 4, 2011

Having our lunch

Lori & I are not fussy eaters, but this was one of THE worst lunches we have had during our travels.My brother in law and my sister agreed , it was bad. The sandwich bread was
    stale and no butter or margarine on it.

Favorite Dish: Our not so great lunch was.
    ! Ensalada Provinzial 750
    1 Serveza Tubo 250
    1 aqua one half btl 300
    2 sandwich Jamon 900
    1Sandwich de Pollo 450
    2 Cafes 400

Total 3050
    En Euros 18.33.

Le attendio Jorge. I.V.A. includo.
    Servisio no includo Thank you for your visit.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Bar La Tertulia: Christmas Day tapas!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jun 13, 2009

Small hole-in-the-wall tapas bar!

Shortly after noon, we all realized that we were getting hungry as our Estepona breakfast wore off, so we back-tracked from Old Ronda and crossed the New Bridge to see what we could find in the way of open restaurants on Christmas Day in the 'newer' part of Ronda. We were not having much luck with our typical 'no planning ahead' strategy, but soon found the Bar La Tertulia up a small side-street not far from the bridge.

When we entered the place was almost empty of customers, but at least it was open for business. We found ourselves a table and some tall stools in one of their little booths along a wall (2nd photo) and had a look at the menu.

Favorite Dish: They only had about seven different tapas dishes listed, so we hauled out our guidebooks to try to translate what these meals actually were. Not having a lot of luck with that approach, I went up to the bar and spoke to a friendly waitress who gradually got through to me what it was that we might end up eating! In the end, we selected two small plates of cured salmon with potatoes and sauce of some sort. Although not much for bulk, it was quite delicious as we washed it down with a cold beer and white wine at a very reasonable price of 11 Euros for the lot.

As we were leaving, I asked the waitress if it was OK to take a photo of the interior and they excitedly said 'yes', quickly gathering around a patron at the bar (3rd photo)! The same thing happened outside as I took the exterior view, but this time it was an elderly lady who came out on her balcony located above the entrance and happily launched into a conversation with us in Spanish! In both cases a lot of "Felice Navidad's" were said as we made our departure! Quite a friendly little town.

• Architecture
    • Photography

• Almocabar Restaurante: delicious hideaway!

by Donna67 Written Dec 16, 2008

Well, I guess because this Restaurant is not located near the busy tourist centre it is not 1st choice for many. But it was excellent. Very small restaurant that was recommanded to us by a local. No tourist menu here! Their dishes were special and tasty. I had a wonderful salad with goatcheese. Alot of choice from the starters. Portions were not big but enough for us... I''d say try it out when you are in Ronda!

• Seniors

• Caitlinette's Profile Photo

Gelateria Verona: Fabulous Gelato

by Caitlinette Written Mar 28, 2008

I found out about this gem from a brochure at the hotel I stayed at in Ronda, as well as my other favorite place, Pak Punjab. It was right across from a vegetarian restaurant that was never open, so every time we went to see if it was, it wasn't, and we ended up getting gelato! I had never had gelato before, and oh my! Slightly slushy, but totally creamy, with a large variety of flavors. The young guys behind the counter were always so friendly too.

The interior is also really nice -- very pink and posh, with low tables and spiffy chairs. We loved going there on a hot afternoon (that is, when they weren't closed for siesta) and sitting inside where it was airy and cool. It's been almost 3 years since I was there so I can't remember everything and it may have changed since. But, just wow, what great gelato. Go go go!

Favorite Dish: It was all divine...I remember hazelnut, coffee, lemon, chocolate, blueberry...

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Albacara: And what a view it was

by karenincalifornia Written Aug 9, 2007

Albacara Restaurant, Ronda, Spain

And did we find that sought after restaurant with a view in Ronda? You bet your booty we did. Exactly what we were after. It was Albacara. Not only did they have a view, they had an outdoor terrace, and the weather was perfect. See the additional photos attached to this tip for the fabulous views we had while we were eating.

Favorite Dish: Oxtail stew is a regional specialty, so that's what my son and husband ordered. They said it was excellent. This was one of those memorable meals for them. They now want me to make it at home, but I'm just not sure where I'll find the ox tails.

I had my usual - Andalusian gazpacho, and it was very good. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Albarcara: We wanted a table with a view

by karenincalifornia Written Aug 9, 2007

Old Town Ronda, Spain

When we saw how beautiful the Tajo Gorge was, we hoped we could find a restaurant that would give us a good view. We saw something that looked like it could be a restaurant in this picture and headed over there. This is the old town section of Ronda, and many of these buildings are old mansions of prominent Ronda families, past and present.

• Hiking and Walking

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Restaurante El Capricho

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 17, 2007

Pizza at Restaurante El Capricho

I visited Ronda in a daytrip from Marbella. On my way back from Ronda's old town to the bus station I came across Plaza del Socorro.

I decided spontaneously to have a meal in one of the restaurants, just to enjoy the views of the lovely square. I finally opted for Restaurante El Capricho which has inside and outside seating. They offer local and Italian dishes.

Frankly speaking I can't really recommend this place as it seems to be a tourist trap. My Pizza was relatively expensive and not tasty.

Nevertheless I enjoyed people watching and the views of the busy square.

• Trains

• lina112's Profile Photo

Las bridas: Lunch Time

by lina112 Written Mar 1, 2007

Las Bridas

Is the second time that i have lunch in this restaurant and it´s the best option to have a good meal in Ronda. They have a fantastic menu for only 8 euros (drink not included) and you can choose between 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts. I had the mixed salad as starter, meat bolls with chips as a main and ice cream as dessert. The restaurant is very beautiful is located in a traditional patio from century 18 and the its decoration is amazing. The staff is very nice, the service and food is supper.

Es la segunda vez que almuerzo en este restaurante y es uno de los mejores restaurante que hay en Ronda. Tienen un menu por solo 8 euros (la bebida no va incluida) y puedes elegir entre 3 primeros, 3 segundos y 3 postres, yo comí la ensalada mixta de primero, albondigas con patatas fritas de segundo y helado de postre. El restaurante es precioso y está situado en un patio del siglo 18 y la decoración es lo mejor. El personal es muy amable, el servicio y la comida fantastico.

• Restaurante Tragabuches: Michellin Starred Restaurant

by djferros Updated Feb 26, 2007

This is one of those really posh places, not really for a working joe like me. If your loaded and you like these types of places rather than a hearty meal at a working class joint than this place if for you.

Unlike other restaurants that put everyone near the window to make them look full, this restaurant puts you at the back so people don't walk past you all the time.

The meal was fine and slightly bigger than I expected for such a restaurant. This dish I ordered was fairly simply and it came as such, fine, but for such a restaurant you would expect them to be a bit more extravagant.

The wine was good and you can order half bottles which you are required to taste before being poured and then it is left to air before being poured for you. (it's that type of place!) The service here is impecable, it cannot be faulted at all.

The desert was really nice, but for an average guy like me just too small. All in all an experience, but not one I could afford to do again.

Favorite Dish: Before you've even ordered they bring out some really nice small apertisers for you to try, this was probably the best part of going to the restaurant as you can try these new things which you will never find anywhere else and they taste brilliant!

• monicarc's Profile Photo

Hotel Don Miguel: Nice, sit down dinner

by monicarc Written Aug 15, 2006

If you are tired of eating tapas, the hotel Don Miguel has a great restaurant, with awesome food and views of the gorge. This is not an inexpensive place though.

Favorite Dish: The chicken casserole was great!! So was the garlic soup!!!

Instant Answers: Ronda

Comments

Ronda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ronda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ronda sightseeing.