Ronda Restaurants

Pizza at Restaurante El Capricho
    by HORSCHECK
  • Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by aussirose
    Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by...
    by aussirose
  • Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by aussirose
    Arminan 25 Cafe Ronda - Review by...
    by aussirose

Best Rated Restaurants in Ronda

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Bar La Tertulia: Christmas Day tapas!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jun 13, 2009

Small hole-in-the-wall tapas bar!

Shortly after noon, we all realized that we were getting hungry as our Estepona breakfast wore off, so we back-tracked from Old Ronda and crossed the New Bridge to see what we could find in the way of open restaurants on Christmas Day in the 'newer' part of Ronda. We were not having much luck with our typical 'no planning ahead' strategy, but soon found the Bar La Tertulia up a small side-street not far from the bridge.

When we entered the place was almost empty of customers, but at least it was open for business. We found ourselves a table and some tall stools in one of their little booths along a wall (2nd photo) and had a look at the menu.

Favorite Dish: They only had about seven different tapas dishes listed, so we hauled out our guidebooks to try to translate what these meals actually were. Not having a lot of luck with that approach, I went up to the bar and spoke to a friendly waitress who gradually got through to me what it was that we might end up eating! In the end, we selected two small plates of cured salmon with potatoes and sauce of some sort. Although not much for bulk, it was quite delicious as we washed it down with a cold beer and white wine at a very reasonable price of 11 Euros for the lot.

As we were leaving, I asked the waitress if it was OK to take a photo of the interior and they excitedly said 'yes', quickly gathering around a patron at the bar (3rd photo)! The same thing happened outside as I took the exterior view, but this time it was an elderly lady who came out on her balcony located above the entrance and happily launched into a conversation with us in Spanish! In both cases a lot of "Felice Navidad's" were said as we made our departure! Quite a friendly little town.

• Photography
    • Architecture

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Restaurante El Capricho

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 17, 2007

Pizza at Restaurante El Capricho

I visited Ronda in a daytrip from Marbella. On my way back from Ronda's old town to the bus station I came across Plaza del Socorro.

I decided spontaneously to have a meal in one of the restaurants, just to enjoy the views of the lovely square. I finally opted for Restaurante El Capricho which has inside and outside seating. They offer local and Italian dishes.

Frankly speaking I can't really recommend this place as it seems to be a tourist trap. My Pizza was relatively expensive and not tasty.

Nevertheless I enjoyed people watching and the views of the busy square.

• Trains

• barryg23's Profile Photo

La Leyenda

by barryg23 Written May 1, 2006

Enjoying Gazpacho at Leyenda

We read a feature on this restaurant in the local English language newspaper, and liking what we read, we decided to give it a try. The article suggested the owner was very friendly and it turned out to be true. He is clearly a Gaudi fan as there were pictures of the Sagrada Familia on the walls and the bar had designs reminiscent of Parc Guell in Barcelona.

We went for the 10 Euro menu. Three courses, bread and a drink for 10 Euro was an excellent deal especially as we got to try the house special - Porra - and local speciality Gazpacho. Both are soups served cold, which sounded a little strange to me at first, though it was delicious. Our main courses were equally good and the wine they gave us was lovely.

Service was fine at the start though we had to wait a long time for dessert when the place got very busy. Most of the customers were locals which is always a good sign.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Albacara: And what a view it was

by karenincalifornia Written Aug 9, 2007

Albacara Restaurant, Ronda, Spain

And did we find that sought after restaurant with a view in Ronda? You bet your booty we did. Exactly what we were after. It was Albacara. Not only did they have a view, they had an outdoor terrace, and the weather was perfect. See the additional photos attached to this tip for the fabulous views we had while we were eating.

Favorite Dish: Oxtail stew is a regional specialty, so that's what my son and husband ordered. They said it was excellent. This was one of those memorable meals for them. They now want me to make it at home, but I'm just not sure where I'll find the ox tails.

I had my usual - Andalusian gazpacho, and it was very good. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Las bridas: Lunch Time

by lina112 Written Mar 1, 2007

Las Bridas

Is the second time that i have lunch in this restaurant and it´s the best option to have a good meal in Ronda. They have a fantastic menu for only 8 euros (drink not included) and you can choose between 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts. I had the mixed salad as starter, meat bolls with chips as a main and ice cream as dessert. The restaurant is very beautiful is located in a traditional patio from century 18 and the its decoration is amazing. The staff is very nice, the service and food is supper.

Es la segunda vez que almuerzo en este restaurante y es uno de los mejores restaurante que hay en Ronda. Tienen un menu por solo 8 euros (la bebida no va incluida) y puedes elegir entre 3 primeros, 3 segundos y 3 postres, yo comí la ensalada mixta de primero, albondigas con patatas fritas de segundo y helado de postre. El restaurante es precioso y está situado en un patio del siglo 18 y la decoración es lo mejor. El personal es muy amable, el servicio y la comida fantastico.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

A cooling drink

by bugalugs Written Sep 17, 2004

In the Plaza Duquesa de Parcent besides such lovely historical buildings there are also a couple of gift shops and a couple of cafes. We stopped at a cafe by by the Church of Saint Isabel of the Angels. a very tiny place, only a handful of seats inside, but tables and chairs outside, where we didnt eat just had a glass of ice cold beer. They did serve food as well.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Albarcara: We wanted a table with a view

by karenincalifornia Written Aug 9, 2007

Old Town Ronda, Spain

When we saw how beautiful the Tajo Gorge was, we hoped we could find a restaurant that would give us a good view. We saw something that looked like it could be a restaurant in this picture and headed over there. This is the old town section of Ronda, and many of these buildings are old mansions of prominent Ronda families, past and present.

• Hiking and Walking

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

La Merced - Hotel Colon: Nice and airy

by Geoff_Wright Updated Mar 25, 2003

Our first coffee

We just p[opped in here for a 'fix' before Carmen and Stacy frightened us half to death with the views (to follow), The name 'Colon' is like the English 'Colombus'

Just a cup of coffee each, at about 1.50 Euros.

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Cafe y Churros

by barryg23 Updated May 2, 2006

Churros y zumos de naranja

Churros with hot chocolate is a very popular drink/snack combination in Spain. We tried it a cafe in Ronda. Actually we just tried the Churros - I tried it with coffee and Ruth went for orange juice.

Churros is difficult to describe. It's like a fried battered donut, similar to the dough used in a Hungarian langos. Normally it's served with hot chocolate, into which you dip the churros. It's very filling - I think if you had this every morning you'd have no difficulty skipping breakfast and you'd quickly put on the pounds.

• Caitlinette's Profile Photo

Gelateria Verona: Fabulous Gelato

by Caitlinette Written Mar 28, 2008

I found out about this gem from a brochure at the hotel I stayed at in Ronda, as well as my other favorite place, Pak Punjab. It was right across from a vegetarian restaurant that was never open, so every time we went to see if it was, it wasn't, and we ended up getting gelato! I had never had gelato before, and oh my! Slightly slushy, but totally creamy, with a large variety of flavors. The young guys behind the counter were always so friendly too.

The interior is also really nice -- very pink and posh, with low tables and spiffy chairs. We loved going there on a hot afternoon (that is, when they weren't closed for siesta) and sitting inside where it was airy and cool. It's been almost 3 years since I was there so I can't remember everything and it may have changed since. But, just wow, what great gelato. Go go go!

Favorite Dish: It was all divine...I remember hazelnut, coffee, lemon, chocolate, blueberry...

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Pizza El Capricho . plaza del Socorro: Maybe the Pizza would have been better,maybe not.

by Waalewiener Updated Apr 4, 2011

Having our lunch

Lori & I are not fussy eaters, but this was one of THE worst lunches we have had during our travels.My brother in law and my sister agreed , it was bad. The sandwich bread was
    stale and no butter or margarine on it.

Favorite Dish: Our not so great lunch was.
    ! Ensalada Provinzial 750
    1 Serveza Tubo 250
    1 aqua one half btl 300
    2 sandwich Jamon 900
    1Sandwich de Pollo 450
    2 Cafes 400

Total 3050
    En Euros 18.33.

Le attendio Jorge. I.V.A. includo.
    Servisio no includo Thank you for your visit.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Don Miguel: Right by the Puente Nuevo

by GentleSpirit Updated Jul 13, 2013

The location is fantastic! At the end of the bridge facing the upper gorge. Visually, it is a spectacular place. One of the local recommendations seemed to be stewed oxtail, which i had never had. I figured I would ask someone that didn't have a stake in the outcome (someone that didn't work in the tourist trade) so I asked a local cop to tell me what it was like and would he recommend it etc. From what he told me I passed on the oxtail.

Don Miguel is a hotel/restaurant right on the edge of the gorge. The ambiance of the restaurant is nice, quiet and relaxed. I went a bit late, so by then all the tourists had finished eating. Service was excellent. I understand that some of the staff speaks other languages, but I can't say.

It is a good restaurant, with a good selection of quality food. The price as i remember it was quite reasonable when I was there a few years ago. (I had written down $23 US at the time, I'm sure it has gone up since then). Would I recommend this restaurant..absolutely!

Favorite Dish: I had venison with a hunter sauce. It didn't have that gamey taste and the onion in the sauce was a nice taste. It was marinated in red wine and onions. I was perhaps a bit surprised that the cooking I tasted in Ronda was somewhat less spicy than the Cadiz/Jerez region which i had just come from.

A delicious gazpacho soup to start things off. To end things I asked the staff if they could do me a favor. I had a sudden craving for arroz con leche (rice pudding) which the Spaniards usually just eat for breakfast. The chef said he would be happy to make it for me. The Spaniards make it with lemon and cinnamon, so it tasted a bit different from the Latin American arroz con leche that I was used to. They baked it for just a little bit...god was it good!

• Wine Tasting

• Almocabar Restaurante: delicious hideaway!

by Donna67 Written Dec 16, 2008

Well, I guess because this Restaurant is not located near the busy tourist centre it is not 1st choice for many. But it was excellent. Very small restaurant that was recommanded to us by a local. No tourist menu here! Their dishes were special and tasty. I had a wonderful salad with goatcheese. Alot of choice from the starters. Portions were not big but enough for us... I''d say try it out when you are in Ronda!

• Seniors

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

Chocolate con Churros

by Beach_dog Updated Oct 1, 2002

'Churros' can be found in many Bars and Cafes and are normally served in the mornings as a breakfast or snack.
    You can find them in Cafe's all over Spain especially in the south.

Favorite Dish: A typical Spanish breakfast, 'Churros con Chocolate'. Churros are a deep fried dough not totally disimilar to a doughnut, they are normally dipped in a hot chocolate drink or even coffee. I also enjoy them with a sprinkling of sugar.
    The cost would be just a couple of Euros with chocolate or coffee and they are very filling.

• Caitlinette's Profile Photo

Pak Punjab Indian Restaurant II: Fabulous Indian Cuisine

by Caitlinette Written Jun 22, 2005

This place is next to other restaurants that are cheap, so it's easy to overlook it. It was never busy when we were there, although I have no idea why. The food is AWESOME! The waiters were so professional and caring -- and they got to know us since we ate there 4 nights in a row! There are tables outside, and many tables inside. It's very pleasant to sit outside and eat that hot delicious food!

Favorite Dish: I had three different dishes. Bombay Aloo -- boiled potatoes in curry sauce; chicken curry; vegetable curry. Ask for the rice -- it's heavenly, seasoned with cloves and saffron. We had every kind of nan, here, too -- garlic, onion, cheese, and coconut-almond-sugar. They're absolutely wonderful.

We also had Navarra red wine, which the waiter suggested we try with lemon Fanta (basically lemon soda) and ice. This was delicious!

Instant Answers: Ronda

Comments

Ronda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ronda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ronda sightseeing.