San Pedro de Alcántara Travel Guide

• Cortijo Blanco Hotel

Av Jose Luis Carrillo Benitez s/n, San Pedro de Alcantara, 29760, Spain

San Pedro de Alcántara Restaurants

by daarth Written Mar 24, 2012

I never write a bad review, and prefer to not writing anything if I'm not satisfied. But this time I feel the need for a negative review as we simply felt unwelcome to this place.

I think of us as discrete visitors that simply visit a restaurant for a pleasant meal, and so we sat down in this restaurant hoping for some good food. After a while we started wondering why we were ignored as other tables with Spanish speaking visitors seemed to get service, and the other waiters just stood chatting together. The menus were finally given to us after what seemed like unusually long time, and we were shocked at the manner we were spoken to.

We are not the types to make a scene, so we just ordered drinks and (much) later given the opportunity to order food. We found the situation surreal and after we left regretted we didn't leave earlier. I guess we were simply too surprised to react.

Perhaps the place has had bad experience with foreigners, but in that case it's very unprofessional to take revenge on other foreigners.

I seem to remember the food was rather average, but I must admit to not noticing it particularly after what happened.

We will never return, and there are plentiful of other restaurants in the area with superb service.

La Pesquera de San Pedro
    • Beaches

San Pedro de Alcántara Transportation

by daarth Updated Jul 24, 2008

From San Pedro there are local buses to take you to other parts of the Marbella county, or you can travel on long-distance buses to places like Malaga, Sevilla or La Linea (Gibraltar). See web-link below, or get info from the tourist office in the centre of San Pedro.
    All long distance buses go from the bus station on the main highway.

San Pedro in the background
    • Seniors

San Pedro de Alcántara Favorites

by daarth Written Jul 18, 2008

Favorite thing: The Thursday market is worth a visit. They sell all sorts of things, but we especially enjoy buying fruit, vegetables and nuts.
    The market is located at the northern end of San Pedro. the easiest access is from the road to Ronda

Thursday market

Instant Answers: San Pedro de Alcántara

Comments

San Pedro de Alcántara Travel Guide
Map of San Pedro de Alcántara