Bullfighting, Sevilla

by Raffa
  • Fen's Profile Photo

The Bull Ring of Seville

by Fen Written Nov 2, 2003

Whatever your views on Bullfighting I still think I would like to see a Bull fight for myself.
    Not for any macho reason, just to try and understand the Spainish culture some more. Right or wrong I like to respect other people's culture's and only when I've seen a Bull fight can I really makeup my mind.

Seville's famous bullring is arguably the finest in Spain and the perfect venue for a first experience of the bullfight.

Although the art of the matador is now declining in popularity, the sunlit stage, with its whitewashed walls, blood red fences and merciless circle of sand, remain crucial to the city's psyche.

There is also a small bullfighting museum here which is open daily, except Sunday from 10.00 am to 13.30. Bullfights take place from April to September

• Bullfighting is undoubtedly an...

by Raffa Written Aug 24, 2002

Bullfighting is undoubtedly an act of bravery, but it is also a conjunction of science an art which escapes common sense and floods the senses. If to this we add a unique scene like the Real Maestranza of Seville, then the party becomes a pure show.
    SEE THE TRAVELOGUE FOR MORE PICTURES.

Instant Answers: Sevilla