Sevilla Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sevilla

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Modesto: Buzzing place with excellent food!

by Zlur Updated Apr 4, 2011

Modesto

Modesto has a good reputation for the freshess of the seafood it serves... You may eat indoors or outdoors on the terrace. It's open daily from 8:00am till 2:00am . If you are super friendly with the waiters you may get a mini Magnum ice-cream and a shooter drink on the house when paying the bill ;)

Favorite Dish: Delicious salmon steak!!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Kiosco de Las Flores Restaurant: Best FISH/Seafood Restaurant In Sevilla

by Krystynn Updated Apr 4, 2011

Lunching at Kiosco de Las Flores

This is indeed one of the best seafood restaurant in Sevilla: Kiosco de Las Flores Seafood Restaurant. Ask any local and he/she is sure to agree with you. Located just next to the Triana Bridge and the Guadalquiver River, you can choose to dine al fresco by the river and watch the world sail by you or you can dine inside the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Everything in their menu is delicious (honest!). From their Fried Calamari to the Sole Fish...everything!

Other popular dishes in their menu include:

- Dogfish,
    - Bream,
    - Shrimp,
    - Squid,
    - Grouper
    - Cuttlefish.

Believe me, their seafood is really fresh. I was told that all these fresh seafood are delivered direct from Huelva and the bay of Cádiz. There are lots of sauces and dressings that you can choose to garnish and accompany your meal. Their wine list is also very interesting, featuring the best Spanish wines available.

No wonder everyone in Sevilla (whom I had the pleasure of meeting) highly recommended this eaterie.

The good news? The food here is considered inexpensive. Read: Averagely-priced. I love this place!

Antico Horno de San Buenaventura: Bakery since 1385

by oriettaIT Written Jan 8, 2011

Behind the Cathedral we found this perfect place for breakfast, tapas or a afternoon snack. It appear to be one of the older bakery in Sevilla dated since 1385. The first floor have two huge counter, one for bakery product with all kind of baked goodies, bread, pastry, cake, local specialties, chocolate. The opposite side of the room there is a big bar counter and another part where they sell all kind of salami, prosciutto, the famous jamon serrano and lots of different kind of cheese. The second floor is very large and have lots of tables where you can enjoy your meal.

Favorite Dish: We came during the afternoon looking for a relaxing snack, we had a cup of tea and we tried three different kind of dolci. We had some trouble identifying the cake we wanted so I took the weiter to the counter to show him what we wanted. Dont be shy, this is very common and they are used to it.
    The cake were all delicius!
    The only little problem I can found about this kingdom of the sweetness is that the room upstair is very noisy and it make it hard to relax.
    The tea was 1,5 euro each and the cake are from 2.00 to 3.00.

Manjarex: Good value tapas near the Cathedral

by oriettaIT Written Jan 8, 2011

The counter

The restaurant very close to the cathedral but not in the Barrio de Santa Cruz direction so it is not so turistic, actually several of the few tables were occupied by spanish people.
    The outside is painted dark green but the inside is painted red and black with old fashioned decor, made me think it was a chinese restaurant before.
    The first room have a counter and a small food preparation area and some high tables with stools, the next room have some other regular tables.
    It is a basic place but the food was good and well cooked.
    The bathroom, even if tiny, was clean.

Favorite Dish: We had the "Tapa del dia" combination, it was a combination of four item, a selection of local cheese, some tomatoes based meat stew and some marinated sardines. We wanted to try also other of their specialties like the croquettes but it was late afternoon (ha ha yes, we went to lunch late even for spanish standard!!) and the croquettes were finished.
    With three big beer the bill was 27 euros.

Starbuck's: Break For Coffee

by painterdave Updated Dec 15, 2010

they all look the same to me. This is Sevilla's

Starbucks.....there are two of them, facing the cathedral. I visited one, and it was quiet, and the coffee was the same as always.
    If your feet tell you it is time to rest, maybe this is one place you might consider, although it is not Spanish--is it?

Favorite Dish: Banana Muffin
    Bag of Coffee to take home ( I live in Europe now).
    No free cup of coffee if you buy a bag here. I guess I will have to go back to Munich. :-)

• Motorcycle

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Historico Horno: What's For Breakfast, or????

by painterdave Written Dec 15, 2010

The day after having a breakfast of churros, we decided to try Historic Horno, one of the oldest restaurants in Sevilla. What do you call this place, it is a bakery, a restaurant, and has Spanish delicacies, too. You can go in the afternoon and sit upstairs for a coffee or tea, downstairs has a bigger selection of bakery goods to choose visually. They make sandwiches, and other food plates.
    If you go upstairs do not expect fast service, the waiters cover a lot of area, and one other thing to mention if you like quiet places, this is not one of them.
    However, when you go inside your eyes will find a wonderful multitudes of bad things to enjoy...colorful and sugary. This is not Starbucks, which is across the street, with just a few muffins and sliced breads. It will be difficult to decide what you want to try.
    When the waiter comes to your table, and you do not know what the name of your choice is, ask him to follow you to the counter and show him. They do that all the time.
    I recommend this place for at least one time, but I bet you will go back for more.

Favorite Dish: Kidnap the baker and take him home! We live in good times!

Corriente 348: Tapas and Argentinian Cuisine

by painterdave Updated Dec 15, 2010

page 1

This place gets my highest recommendation in Sevilla.
    We tried a lot of Tapas Bars. Many of them would not allow us to buy a tapas size portion of their better part of the menu (at least for me), but this restaurant allows you to order tapas size for everything.
    They have an immense menu, and I am including this in the fotos below, also you can compare prices which are competitive with others.
    This food, I recommend, as it was prepared well, arrived hot, and tasted great.
    It is out of the tourist area, being at the corner of the gardens, so you can expect less frills, i.e. matador suits on wall, stuffed bull heads, etc, and better food. We almost passed it up because it did not look like a museum...inside with all the things hanging on the walls and ceiling. That would have been a big mistake, and on our last night there after trying many tapas places.

Favorite Dish: There are two duck items, both awesome. (page 3 of menu)See foto....
    Their croquetas are great.
    The table white wine did not give us a headache the next day....
    and if you are adventurous, try cola de toro.. tail of the bull.
    Not a noisy place, even with the soccer game on television.
    Waiters are on top of things with fast service.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• painterdave's Profile Photo

La Cueva: More than tapas for dinner? YES!

by painterdave Written Dec 15, 2010

Paella

Tapas is great but we wanted to try Paella, and now I can recommend La Cueva as the place to go for a great experience. We ordered the seafood paella, and while having a cerveza we took in all the furnishing of this restaurant, including past bulls' heads hanging on wall, retired matador suits, posters, and other collectibles. One of the Waiters is usually cutting the Spanish prisciutto on the bar, which is very different than Italian--try it. The service was more than good, considering that every table was always occupied, and everyone seemed happy and not in a hurry.
    This restaurant is located near the cathedral area, but not directly on the plaza. Plaza de Doña Elvira

Favorite Dish: The Paella--all the seafood was fresh, the shrimp was favorful and all the mussels opened up, which is a give away on fresh seafood.
    The price below includes the drinks. This place is not extravagantly overpriced, but medium.
    Tables give you lots of room, in comparison to other restaurants, and the chairs are comfortable.
    The restroom is very clean. The lady owner was polite and the waiters efficient.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

La Cueva Restaurant: Great Paella

by oriettaIT Written Dec 12, 2010

Slicing Jamon serrano

We wanted to try a paella, and we found this restaurant just wandering around in Santa Cruz. It is decorated with bull fight related objects, matador jackets and even some bull head hanging in the walls.
    The tables set up is fancy with real tableclothes and napkins and even decorated plates. There are two dining area, one indoors and another in a covered patio.
    They have a great selection of local food, meat and fish and a good wine list.

Favorite Dish: We ordered paella mista (seafood and meat) for two and we had three beer for less than 50 euros.
    Paella was delicius and worth the over 30 minutes wait!
    We tried to peek into everybody else plates and all we saw look and smell wonderful.

• Aitana's Profile Photo

Abades Triana: In front of Torre del Oro

by Aitana Written Dec 11, 2010

High quality food based on traditional products.
    I attended a closing dinner of a conference. We were served some appetizer in the terrace, then we entered in the restaurant and had a nice dinner enjoying a magnificent view of the Guadalquivir and the Torre del Oro.

• unaS's Profile Photo

Altamira: Local or not as you choose

by unaS Updated Feb 24, 2010

The Altamira restaurant

Just around the corner from my hostal on C/Archeros, the restaurant is on Santa Maria la Blanca.
    Tables inside and out.

One can have a full meal, wine, spirits or a simple Spanish breakfast of tostados con tomate y aceite de, or eggs and bacon, as one chooses. The prices are competitive for the area. The food is good, the portions large.

Best for breakfast, but also al fresco dining in the evening, and menu del dia in the afternoons.
    Good tapas - enough to make a full meal of.

Nice wait staff and good service, fast, efficient and with a smile.

Favorite Dish: The best tortilla I had in Spain, moist, full of onions and well spiced. Very tasty

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Don't remember again :-(: Great Cousine

by jamiesno Updated Feb 24, 2010

Me getting ready to enjoy some duck!

My apologies off the bat for not remember the name of this specific restaurant. It is only now on my travels that I am collecting more and more detail.

However you will find many great culinary spots in Sevilla. This place was very close to the cathedral.

I remember it was very busy and hard to get a seat but when I did the duck I ordered was great. Some other people where eating some sort of cheese that appeared to be deep fried and this was also tasty!

• Study Abroad

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

A Tapas Bar near Hotel Ducal!: Tapas Bars!

by jamiesno Updated Feb 24, 2010

Tapas Bar

Like everywere in Spain, Sevilla has its share of Tapas Bars. I found one just up the street from Hotel Ducal and really enjoyed it I have to say.

The seafood is so cheap it is hard to belive and I tried a Cruz Campo beer.

The guy working at the bar let me keep the glass to which was neat.

• unaS's Profile Photo

La Hosteria del Prado: Before you go...

by unaS Written Dec 8, 2009

Good place for breakfast and/or a cup of coffee before a long bus trip.
    They don't do European breakfasts but you can get a really good tostado here.

Nice thick toasted bread with tomato and oil. The coffee is excellent. The servings are large and the food tasty. Prices are more than reasonable.

Ate here twice. Was unable to finish the tostado, so wrapped it up in a napkin and took with for a snack later in the day.

Tables indoors and outside.
    Smoking permitted.

Favorite Dish: I have eaten only breakfast here - tostado tomate y aceite de .
    Tasty, large portion, reasonable price.
    Good cafe con leche too.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

La Nieta De Pepa: Table placement fools customers

by unaS Updated Nov 13, 2009

This restaurant places it's tables next to those of another restaurant, the Alianza, so that one thinks they are eating from the latter restaurant. The tables are placed under trees and in the shade. It does look inviting. Only later when one sees the waiter running down the hill to another place altogether does one understand...

The Menu del dia is very limited. The salad was good, the potato tortilla so so - kind of dry, not enough onion. The paella was too oily by far. The bread at least was fresh. For desert there was no choice. Was served an inedible creme caramel - and anyone that knows me, knows what a sweet tooth I have. I will eat most anything, but this - ugh - two spoonfuls was enough.

One drink was included but did not include coffee as the one drink.

And for this feast they charged Euro 13 instead of the usual Euro 10.

Favorite Dish: All in all not very good.

Instant Answers: Sevilla

Comments

Sevilla Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sevilla restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sevilla sightseeing.