Sevilla Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sevilla

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

A Tapas Bar near Hotel Ducal!: Tapas Bars!

by jamiesno Updated Feb 24, 2010

Like everywere in Spain, Sevilla has its share of Tapas Bars. I found one just up the street from Hotel Ducal and really enjoyed it I have to say.

The seafood is so cheap it is hard to belive and I tried a Cruz Campo beer.

The guy working at the bar let me keep the glass to which was neat.

Tapas Bar

• unaS's Profile Photo

La Hosteria del Prado: Before you go...

by unaS Written Dec 8, 2009

Good place for breakfast and/or a cup of coffee before a long bus trip.
    They don't do European breakfasts but you can get a really good tostado here.

Nice thick toasted bread with tomato and oil. The coffee is excellent. The servings are large and the food tasty. Prices are more than reasonable.

Ate here twice. Was unable to finish the tostado, so wrapped it up in a napkin and took with for a snack later in the day.

Tables indoors and outside.
    Smoking permitted.

Favorite Dish: I have eaten only breakfast here - tostado tomate y aceite de .
    Tasty, large portion, reasonable price.
    Good cafe con leche too.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• unaS's Profile Photo

La Nieta De Pepa: Table placement fools customers

by unaS Updated Nov 13, 2009

This restaurant places it's tables next to those of another restaurant, the Alianza, so that one thinks they are eating from the latter restaurant. The tables are placed under trees and in the shade. It does look inviting. Only later when one sees the waiter running down the hill to another place altogether does one understand...

The Menu del dia is very limited. The salad was good, the potato tortilla so so - kind of dry, not enough onion. The paella was too oily by far. The bread at least was fresh. For desert there was no choice. Was served an inedible creme caramel - and anyone that knows me, knows what a sweet tooth I have. I will eat most anything, but this - ugh - two spoonfuls was enough.

One drink was included but did not include coffee as the one drink.

And for this feast they charged Euro 13 instead of the usual Euro 10.

Favorite Dish: All in all not very good.

Hotel Alfonso X111: Merienda in a Moorish style 5* Hotel

by suvanki Updated Nov 9, 2009

This traditional, luxury-class hotel, named after King Alfonso XIII, was built in 1928, to house the heads of state attending the 1929 Great Ibero-American Exhibition. At the time, it was conceived to be the most luxurious hotel in Europe.

It was used during the filming of Lawrence of Arabia, when the attractive inner Andalusian courtyard was used as the Courtyard of the Cairo Officers club in the 1962 film.

Today, it is considered to be THE place to stay in Seville - Royalty, Film stars and discerning wealthy visitors enjoy the old fashioned service here.

I'd just visited the nearby Bullring, and was heading to the site of the Tobacco Factory (That inspired Carmen), when I ran into a couple who I'd met earlier while travelling from Bilbao to Seville- They were following Springsteen's Spanish tour too. They told me that Bruce and the E-Street Band were staying at the hotel nearby-The Alfonso, and they'd gone there after the previous nights concert. They also mentioned that they'd seen Nils Lofgren in Starbucks that morning.
    I carried on my way to enjoy my sightseeing. Passing the entrance to the hotel, I spotted Garry Tallent walking up the driveway. I carried on walking, and saw a notice on the wall advertising the swimming pool and lunches or drinks/snacks.

I was quite thirsty, and was thinking of finding somewhere soon for a drink. I really wanted a pot of tea, and realised that this old fashioned hotel might be a good place to try.
    A chance to see Bruce too? Well no- I'd always maintained that I didn't want to meet my hero-as I'd be sure to end up a jibbering wreck. Also, I don't feel it's right to intrude, when they're enjoying some private time.

Hmmm - later that day, I DID meet him!

So, I made my way up the hotel steps, and into the impressive entrance hall. I soon spotted signs to the bar and restaurant, and found myself in a lounge area, where some people were seated enjoying drinks. I found a settee in a corner, hidden away. A uniformed waiter approached, and I ordered a pot of tea, and asked if they served cake. He nodded, and returned with a tray. Along with a pot of tea - (Hoorah-the tea was infusing in the hot water - not the usual hot water jug and a tea bag to add to the water) was a plate of 3 pastries. 2 chocolate with nut pieces, and one similar to a strudel.

While I enjoyed my afternoon tea (Merienda) I had a look at my surroundings- The architecture was of the Mudejar, or Andalusian style- timber ceilings, with decorative inlay work, colourful azulejos (glazed tiles), arched windows and passageways. Through the windows, I could see the courtyard, with its fountain.
    A quiet, restrained atmosphere was in evidence here.

Bar San Fernando Open: 11:30 to 22:00.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my pot of tea, although I was disappointed to have only one sachet of sugar-(I like my tea hot, black and sweet) There was a sachet of artificial sweetener- and I'm afraid that I used this-Eurggggh!
    The delicate pastries were tasty.
    It was nice to sit in these pleasant surroundings, enjoying a pot of tea, out of Seville's summer heat.

My bill came to 7.49 Euros- Merienda (Afternoon tea) 7 Euros and 0.49 Euros Tax

My tea and pastries Hotel Alfonso X111 Hotel Alfonso X111 Hotel Alfonso X111 Hotel Alfonso X111
    • Luxury Travel

Pizzeros Orsini & Angelo: Pizzeria

by suvanki Written Nov 8, 2009

This pleasant Pizzeria was very near to my hostel. I was quite hungry, and there was a free table outside. Although my seat was next to the (busy) road, it wasn't too much of a problem.
    A good spot for people watching!

The waiters were all friendly, polite and helpful.

It took me quite a while to choose my pizza, as it was quite an extensive menu! Besides a long list of Pizzas, there are pasta dishes, salads, desserts etc. I think prices started at around 5 euros.

I didn't get to see inside, so not sure how big it was. It certainly seemed to be a popular place. They have another branch at c/ Luchana 2 41004 Sevilla (Alfalfa). Tel 954 216 164

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my Mixta Pizza (7 Euros) Beer (cerveza) - (1.50 Euros), and coffee (1.50 Euros). There was a service charge of 0.30 Euros.

My pizza was the thin crust variety, with a delicious topping - tomato, cheese, ham, mushrooms, herbs, and I think it was artichoke. It was freshly made, and hot from the oven-very tasty!

I couldn't eat all of my Pizza, as It was so filling. The waiter packaged the rest up for me to take away - (I enjoyed it for my lunch next day)

Pizzeros Orsini & Angelo Pizzeros Orsini & Angelo - my mixto pizza Pizzeros Orsini & Angelo

• DAO's Profile Photo

LOS TORILES: TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS

by DAO Updated Nov 1, 2009

This is a fantastic little gem of a restaurant that many people walk right past. Don’t pass up your opportunity to enjoy fantastic traditional Andalusian food. It has a cosy and interesting interior filled with many local artefacts, posters from bull fights and even a few ribbons awarded to prize bulls. The fantastic waiter clad in a tuxedo invited me in and made me feel very welcome. He actually recommended that I try some typical Andalusian dishes. What a great result! I enjoyed Gazpacho as my starter. This cold, tomato based vegetable soup, is served with egg and vegetables cut into small pieces. Add as much or as little as you like to make a heartier dish. I then ordered the Ragoût de Toro a la Flamenca (Bull meat ragoût Andalusian style). Wow! This was so good I did consider licking my plate to get every drop of the fantastic sauce.

Los Toriles serves several typical Andalusian meals including: Stewed beef tail, stewed kidneys with Sherry and breaded beef tripe. If it’s just a steak you want they can be served either tartare or with the following sauces: hot sauce, green pepper, and Diana. Their house red wine is a delicious Rioja and the waiter open a fresh bottle for me to enjoy by the glass.

This would be a great place to have a romantic meal without busting your budget.

They are open from 12pm-4pm and 8pm-Midnight.

Favorite Dish:
    Gazpacho starter, Ragoût de Toro a la Flamenca (Bull meat ragoût) all washed down with the house Rioja or maybe a cold beer.

Rago��t de Toro a la Flamenca (Bull meat rago��t) Gazpacho

El Faro de Triana: Seafood and great views over the River

by suvanki Written Oct 30, 2009

My first night in Seville, I was hungry to explore, and a bit hungry for food. I'd wandered from my hostel, and came across the river and the bridge Puente Isabel II - it was a bit cooler here. Crossing the bridge, I found this bar/Restaurant

Open Tue–Sun, bar 8:00–24:00, restaurant 13:00–17:00 & 20:15–24:00, closed Mon,

to be continued....

El Faro de Triana El Faro de Triana El Faro de Triana
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Café-Bar Leviés: Great, cheap tapas!

by kelii Updated Oct 19, 2009

Fantastic and unexpensive tapas. They do have vegetarian options. Quick service, very nice people, and you can have your meal outside (on the tables and chairs they have) while soaking up the sun ! Usually frequented both by locals and by exchange students.

• Study Abroad

• SullyBiz's Profile Photo

Taberna Coloniales: Tapas in the afternoon

by SullyBiz Updated Sep 8, 2009

This is a quaint little place in a quiet plaza in the center of Sevilla. It is absolutely perfect for afternoon tapas. Take care not to go too early, the kitchen didn't fully open until about 20 minutes after our arrival (I'd say after noon should be ok). But also keep in mind this is a popular spot for locals and the outdoor patio fills up fast.

The service was great. The waiter was very patient as we took ages to order and I drank at least 5 drinks. They were quick and courteous. And the food was excellent. I think they had a menu in English but I definitely had to order in Spanish. I pretty much tried and loved the entire menu but here are my top choices:

Tapitas
    - Roquefort Dulce con Moras (roquefort cheese with jam and mini toast)
    - Huevos de Codorniz con Chorizo (fried quail egg on chorizo on toast)

Tabla
    - Salmorejo (tomato cream sauce on bread) con Jamón

Just an fyi, they automatically provide a bread basket for the table which they will charge a small price for ONLY if you've eaten from it.

So good I cried

• Redang's Profile Photo

El Patio de San Eloy: A classic in Sevilla

by Redang Updated Jul 19, 2009

Tapas y montaditos ("montaitos") at its best. Sometimes, with just a "montaito" is enough.

Favorite Dish: The atmosphere is great, and, apart from the tables, there are like grandstands where people sit to enjoy the tapas and "cañas" (beers).

El Patio de San Eloy (Sevilla, Spain)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Taberna Coloniales: One of Sevilla's best bars!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jul 9, 2009

It so happened that where I parked our rental car in a public parking garage was directly across the street from Plaza Cristo De Burgos. This is where one of Sevilla's most popular tapas bars is located - the Taberna Coloniales. I noticed it on my the short walk through the plaza as I made my way on foot back to our Hostel Atenas, which was located only a few minutes away.

With our stop to admire both Antequera and El Torcal Nature Park earlier in the day while driving over from Granada, by then it was about 3 PM on a Sunday afternoon, so I fetched the ladies from the hostel and we all returned to this outside seating area. Sue and I had glasses of wine as we wound down a bit from our drive and just enjoyed the busy atmosphere of this old tavern - we had successfully made it to Sevilla! However, we soon had to leave as the tavern began to close-up for a few hours in the lead-up to the evening's tapas sessions. We came back that evening for a meal but it was already so busy that we could not get in! We fixed that the next night when we arrived at about 9 PM and, after waiting a bit with the crowd inside the tavern, gradually secured ourselves some room at the bar as other patrons finished their meals.

Favorite Dish: The Tabernas Coloniales is quite cozy inside on a cool winter night with the hubbub of noise from its patrons crowding the bar area. Even while we were waiting for a spot or two to open up, the bartender looked after our drinks of wine and beer quite well and we struck up conversations with some of the people at the bar. As they left, they motioned for us to take their place so we finally bellied up to place our order of two good-sized tapas dishes (3rd photo). I really enjoyed the one consisting of cured pork, onions and fried potatoes! It was a really fun night out, but it was late for us because we had to be on the road for Cadiz in the morning. I could not believe that the entire bill (including 3 glasses of wine, a beer, mineral water, two tapas and a plate of olives) only came to 12 Euros! It was one of our favourite experiences in Sevilla and this restaurant consistently gets great reviews.

Taberna Coloniales on the corner in the plaza A closer view of the outdoor seating area We managed to squeeze in at the tapas bar!

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Robles Restaurante: Local Favorite

by Roadquill Updated May 3, 2009

Very nice restaurant just South of the Cathedral. Excellent service and decor. They took great pride in their place and rightfully so. An excellent dining room (although I ate outside) and a room available for private parties.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the plate of pieces of various fish, fried to perfection. I am not a big fried fish fan, but they were done very well in a light batter

• Wine Tasting

Glassy Lounge: An enjoyable sidewalk lunch

by Bwana_Brown Updated Apr 7, 2009

It was past 1 PM by the time we had completed our 'river-walk' in Sevilla and my meagre breakfast fare was starting to seriously wear off by then. Immediately after crossing back into the main part of the downtown area via Puente de Isabel II, we spotted the enticing outdoor seating area of the Glassy Lounge restaurant situated along the riverbank and beneath a nice stand of orange trees. We were just about the only customers when we first sat down and it was not long before a young man emerged from the main building to see to our needs.

Favorite Dish: My first order of business was a cold glass of Cruzcampo beer - that really hit the spot as we soaked up the rays of sunshine. The ladies had glasses of white wine and orange juice while they checked out the menu. It did not take me long to decide on a Santa Fe chicken wrap which consisted of grilled chicken, cheddar, bacon, lettuce and tomato with blue cheese sauce in a tortilla wrap (E5.45). That seemed to sway the ladies as they opted for a shared spinach tortilla wrap with honeyed beef. We chatted away during the short time before our food arrived and, while glancing at Sue's sister's guide book for Sevilla, that was when I discovered that the main attractions including the Real Alcázar were closed because this was a Monday! Talk about good trip planning! Oh well, the food was great and only cost a total of 22 Euros, including my second cold beer.

Not very busy in our outside table area Looking up at the orange trees above our table

Bar Manolo: Breakfast with the locals

by Bwana_Brown Updated Apr 3, 2009

With our hostel not serving any meals, we did some exploring in the surrounding area and found the small Bar Manolo located only a few 'blocks' away in Plaza Alfalfa. There are quite a few restaurants situated in that area but the Manolo looked like a straightforward and simple spot for breakfast, and it seemed to be doing a thriving business. Although the establishment also has outside seating in this smallish plaza, it was a bit cool for that on those late December mornings, so we ordered inside at their bar and then ate standing up like most of the other patrons, at one of the counters beside the large windows.

Although we could not speak Spanish, the guys behind the bar seemed to be able to figure out what we wanted without any problems! One thing about eating inside is that you have to be prepared to breathe second-hand smoke since that is still a happening thing in Spain.

Favorite Dish: Both mornings we had the local standard of long toasted buns (split in half) with jam and butter to go with pomegranate green tea for the ladies while I went 'local' with their strong black coffee 'con leche' moderated with sugar and milk to one's particular taste. The meals went down well and only came to 5 Euros for the three of us.

Bar Manolo and Plaza Alfalfa Our stand-up breakfast spot

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Kiosko de las Flores

by keeweechic Updated Oct 22, 2008

This well known restaurant is right at the end of the Puente de Isabel II Bridge. The restaurant was founded in 1930 and their specialities are their fried fish dishes like dogfish, cuttlefish, hake and squid as well as fried eggs and anchovies. One of the more popular areas of the restaurant to dine is the terrace which overlooks the Guadalquivir River.

Instant Answers: Sevilla

Comments

Sevilla Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sevilla restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sevilla sightseeing.