Been here? Rate It!
go see a flamenco show!
flamenco originated in sevilla and is truly a great thing to see up close. the music and dancers are amazing. the places are usually small clubs and some have dinner and show. totally worth it. we booked it ahead at our hotel and it was very easy. we sat next to the stage and could feel the vibrations of the stage it was great! totally a must do in sevilla! check out the pictures
Here are some bars with flamenco often on show, away of those joints dedicated to mass-tourism :
- LA TABERNA, c/ Duarte, 3
- LO NUESTRO, C/ Betis, 31-A (sevillanas, rumba)
- CASA ANSELMA, C/ Pagés del Corro, 49
- MÚ DAQUI, C/ Betis, 31-B (sevillanas)
- TABERNA FLAMENCA, C/ Adriano, 5 (sevillanas & rumbas)
- EL HOBBIT, C/ Regina, 20 (flamenco shows on Friday)
- EL TAMBORIL, P/ de Santa Cruz
- FUNDACIÓN EL MONTE, C/ Laraña, see program
- LA CASA DE LA MEMORIA, C/ Ximeñez Enciso, 28
- SOL CAFÉ CANTANTE, C/ Sol, 5
- EL MUNDO, C/ Siete Revueltas, 5 (Alfafa district) - Martes flamenco
- LA SONANTA, C/ San Jasinto, 31 (Triana district) - Miercoles flamenco
- EL PERRO ANDALUZ, C/ Busto Tavera, 11 - Jueves flamenco
- LA CARBONERÍA, C/ Levíes, 18
Seville is the home of...
Seville is the home of flamenco - there are many different types, we went to the cultural insitute to watch ours, it was a beautiful setting, again outdoors in an old courtyard - sitting outside is always such a novelty for us brits! There were only about twenty seats which made it feel more special and they do two shows a night - I would say to go to this one but you are always spoiled for choice, just try not to be ripped off with too touristy a show..
Sevilla is right in the heart...
Sevilla is right in the heart of the Flamenco region. The Spaniards know that the tourists will pay good money to see a Flamenco show, so there are a lot of choices. Be picky and ask around to find the best shown. If you get an authentic performance it can be quite moving.
The art of Flamenco goes back for centuries. It is probably the most emotional dance I have ever seen. When the dancer truly feels the music it is spiritual.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Guaranteed best rates
- LuxuryCollection Exclusive offers from the official site