Getting Around Sevilla

Most Viewed Transportation in Sevilla

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Rental car

by Bwana_Brown Updated Mar 30, 2009

When we travel, we like to be independent to do our own thing and it usually involves getting off the beaten track. As a result, we almost always hire a car if it makes any sense at all given the circumstances of where we are visiting. In this case, because Sue's sister was joining us from England for eight days of our trip, I had to go one size larger than normal to accommodate three suitcases. It turned out to be a diesel Ford Focus station wagon with a 5-speed manual transmission. There was enough space in the rear for the suitcases plus a few other odds and ends as well as a flap that covered-up everything from prying eyes. However, I did not like the fact that it had a big 'Goldcar Rental' sticker on its rear window, advertising the fact to the world.

We hired it from Red Ribbon Car Hire Spain but picked it up from the Goldcar desk four days earlier away up the Mediterranean coast at the Alicante airport - at a daily rate of 18.26 Euros. However, when all the extras like insurance and diesel surcharge were added in, the total for 18 days came to 617 Euros.

In larger congested cities like Sevilla or Granada, the best thing to do is to just find a parking garage and do your exploring on foot! I learned my lesson in Granada and put quickly put it in the closest parking garage to our hostal (a 10-minute walk but not cheap at 18 Euros/day). Aside from the traffic and convoluted streets, another problem with this Group F-size car was in towns, trying to squeeze it into one of the few small parking spots that one might chance upon. However, it did not give us any mechanical problems during the 3240-km (~2000 miles) we drove it and was just great in allowing us to reach the many smaller destinations on our trip.

Our Ford Focus rental station wagon
    • Architecture

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

SEVILLA TOUR

by LoriPori Written Feb 27, 2006

For a fun way to get around Sevilla, why not try the SEVILLA TOUR. You have your choice of 3 different vehicles - Double-decker bus / Tramway and air-conditioned Generation Bus. Your ticket is valid for 24 hours and you can Hop on / Hop off at 4 different Bus Stops: 1) Torre del Oro 2) Plaza de Espana 3) Isla Magica and 4) Monastery de la Cartuja

Sevilla Tour

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

GUADALQUIVIR BOAT TOURS

by LoriPori Written Feb 27, 2006

A relaxing way to see Seville along the Gualquivir River is to take a one-hour panoramic cruise with the GUADALQUIVIR BOAT TOURS. Daily departures every 30 minutes from the "Torre del Oro" dock ( Estacion Maritima ) in the city center. Full guided cruises on modern and comfortable boats.
    Some of the people on our bus tour took the cruise. Our guide said it was 15 Euros or 12 Euros group rate.

Guadalquivir Boat Tours

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Bicycles

by tini58de Updated Apr 4, 2011

Throughout the city we saw bike rental stations and people riding on those red and silver bikes. Since Sevilla is a very flat level city, biking is just great!

There are a lot of bike rental stations and all you have to do is to get yourself a tarjeta (a card) that you can use in those rental machines next to the bike parking lots.

When we inquired about this at the tourist information, we only got the info that you would have to buy a pass for a week minimum (plus ensure a deposit for the bike). I am not quite sure about this "at least a week" thing, but you might want to find out about it yourself - I did find a website which is even in English!!!!

sevillaenbici rental bikes - for you, Don!!!

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Airport bus

by tini58de Written Oct 4, 2008

There is a direct bus from Sevilla airport to the center of Sevilla. The fare is 3 € per person (September 2008) and it takes about 20 - 30 minutes to get into the city center. They run in a 30 minute interval from around 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. Very convenient!

The itinerary is Seville Airport - Kansas City - Santa Justa Railway Station - Luis de Morales - San Francisco Javier - Carlos V - Prado San Sebastiá.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Arriving by car, or visitng other areas by car?

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 10, 2003

This are the main roads you may access... even if driving there is as in all big cities a nightmare lol

Coming or going to

Madrid and Cordoba Road N-IV (E5) .

Huelva and Portugal Motorway A-49, also called ýV Centenarioý.

Granada and Malaga Motoway A-92 Even this one takes you to Murcia where you join the E6 to Barcelona and Valencia

Cadiz has two options but the toll one A4 is the one I recomend

To go to Merida, Itlaica or to do the silver route the N-630, the old Výa de la Plata.... that goes till Castilla Leon and Galicia

• Redang's Profile Photo

Estación de Santa Justa/Railway Station

by Redang Updated Jan 7, 2009

This is the most important railway station in Sevilla (or the only one) where all trains leave/arrive: Commuter trains, suburban trains and long distance ones, AVE (Spanish High Speed) included. It was inaugurated in 1.992 for the Expo.

- Address: Av. Kansas City

The website is for timetables.

Santa Justa station (Sevilla, Andaluc��a, Spain)

• Redang's Profile Photo

By Car: How Far/How Long...?

by Redang Updated Jan 7, 2009

Sevilla is in Andalucía, south of Spain. From Madrid, take road A 4.
    Some road distances to Sevilla from:
    - Madrid: 528 kms.
    - Lisbon (Portugal): 462 kms.
    - Berlin (Germany): 2.778 kms.
    - Riga (Latvia): 3.858 kms.

The website gives you more road distances together with drivng times and the best routes.

Sevilla (Andaluc��a, Spain)

• unaS's Profile Photo

Budget airline or standard airline?

by unaS Updated Oct 11, 2009

Getting from Barcelona to Seville is easiest by air - the question then becomes how?
    Vueling has some wonderful discounts. When I was searching for a flight there was a special offer for only Euro 35.

Then the problems began...
    First off they want a cell phone number. Don't own a cell phone and don't want to. The site refused to accept my reservation without one. My son agreed to let me use his number to reserve the flight.
    Then the Vueling site refused to accept my reservation even with a cell phone number.
    Tried again and again for over a week. Even wrote to them.

Finally after more than a week I decided to check out other possible flights.
    After I added up all the extras like checked luggage, taxes and such I discovered that with Iberia I could fly for only Euro 5 more - and choose my seat w/o an extra payment (If I had wanted to choose my seat on Vueling it would have cost even more than the Iberia flight in the end).

The topping was that it was the same flight! A Vueling/Iberia combo flight. I reserved my flight in a matter of minures and no more worries. That alone was worth the Euro 5 extra!

A week later finally got an answer from Vueling - the site had a glitch and wasn't accepting any reservations. They had only just discovered it!

The lesson learned - sometimes a small amount of extra money can save a lot of wear and tear.

The flight itself was uneventful, went well arrived on time.

• Singles

• acemj's Profile Photo

Float down the Rio Guadalquivir

by acemj Updated Dec 22, 2002

A great way to see the city and its bridges, is to take a river boat ride. Go to the wharf next to the Torre de Oro and you can take a one hour cruise in which tourist guides offer commentary in both English and Spanish.

• unaS's Profile Photo

Long distance bus

by unaS Updated Dec 8, 2009

To and From: From Seville to Cordoba for a day trip and then from Seville on to Granada to continue my visit in Spain I used a long distance bus. For both trips I left from the Prado de San Sebastian Bus Station on c/Manuel Vazquez Sagastizabal.

The platforms are outdoors but there are waiting rooms that are indoors too.
    I used ALSA. The buses are on time, clean and easy to use. There was a really nice travel video with scuba divers and lots of beautiful under water scenes for most of the trip.

I had reserved my ticket for Granada online in advance. A user friendly site. No problems making my reservations. You can sign up as a user, but it is not necessary to reserve a ticket.

There was no need to stop at the ticket window. The driver accepted the printout without questions. Seats numbers are reserved. You choose your seat when you make the reservation.

To Granada I paid Euro 21.32

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Flight from Bilbao to San Pablo Airport Seville

by suvanki Updated Jul 23, 2010

I flew to Seville from Bilbao with Vueling airlines. This cost me 74.50 Euros.

(I'd originally booked a return flight from Santander to Madrid, with Ryanair).

The total cost for the return flight was less than 13 Euros, but then I had to get from Madrid to Seville - so I decided to go for the easier, quicker, but more expensive option - sacrifice my Santander to Madrid flight and go for the Bilbao to Seville flight.

I left Bilbao in the rain, and 21 degrees It was a shock to arrive to a hot dry evening and a temperature of 47 degrees!

A smooth flight- I think the majority of passengers were traveling for the same reason as I was - (to see Bruce Springsteen on the 2nd date of the Spanish leg of his European tour in Seville) judging by the concert T-Shirts worn by my fellow passengers!

I was also looking forward to seeing Seville, my first visit, and a city that had been near the top of my 'Must See ' places for years.

I'm used to flying with Ryanair, and I thought Vueling was very similar. No frills- got me from A-B and more or less on time. Drinks and snacks served on flight. Vueling website

Telephone from within Spain
    Customer Service:
    807 00 17 17 - 08:00-24:00 every day. 0.41/min. from landline and €0.75/min. from mobile, taxes incl. Plaza Pla de l'estany nº5, 08820 Barcelona .

Bookings:
    807 200 200 - 08:00-24:00 every day. 0.87/min. from landline and €1.22/min. from mobile, taxes incl. Plaza Pla de l'estany nº5, 08820 Barcelona .

Punto phone:
    902 10 42 69 - 08:00-24:00 every day.

Lost luggage:
    902 48 66 48 - 08:00-22:00 every day.

Seville airport is 10km NE from the city centre
    Address:
    Ctra. Nal. IV. Madrid-Cádiz Km. 532
    ES - 41020 Sevilla

The design of this airport was based on Seville's cultural roots, using three traditional components:The mosque, The palace and The orange trees.
    An orange grove greets the travelers upon their arrival at the airport before they enter the hall, which has blue glazed roof tiles, and is crowned by a line of arches supported by vaults.

This airport mainly deals with domestic flights, 'though it does cater for a small number of international flights.

I caught the bus from the airport to the centre, then a tram to Plaza Nuova

Buses from the airport and the City Centre run every 30 minutes between 6:15 and 23:00. The journey takes between 20-30 minutes and a single ticket costs €2.30.
    Checkout the online timetable
    Information telephone: +34 954720200

Flying Bilbao to San Pablo Airport Seville San Pablo Airport Seville Bilbao to Seville San Pablo Airport

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

Airport to downtown by BUS

by MaheshSamtani Written Jun 13, 2007

Once you reach Sevilla airport the best way to reach downtown or even the SANTA JUSTA railway ststion at Kansas City road is the bus. Just outside the arrivals terminal you will find a busstop. The bus service has a freequency of aprox. 20 minutes and with a cost of just 2 Euros for the ride you have great service in a comformtable bus. A 10 minutes ride ( depending much on the traffic situation ) will take you downtown.

• Women's Travel
    • Study Abroad

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

To CORDOBA by train

by MaheshSamtani Written Jun 13, 2007

There is a very good train service from Sevilla and Cordoba. You can either take the AVE that goes to Madrid, which is a slightly more expensive option only in cost because you have another option called the lanzadera, which is also a high speed train, which takes you to Cordoba in just about 45 minutes. The round trip cost in the LANZADERA is around 20 euros per person. The train is very comfortable and offers the best standards in service.

The high speed trains
    • Study Abroad

• rkearns's Profile Photo

getting from sevilla to lisboa

by rkearns Updated Mar 7, 2011

i meant the bus station!!

you could try this site

or you could just go to the bus station in the morning and buy a ticket. i did that, but i was going to faro, portugal first. i stayed there for a couple of nights then went to lisbon. it's surprisingly quick by bus.

Sevilla Hotels

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
Pension Dona Trinidad
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Sevilla

Comments

Sevilla Transportation

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Sevilla locals.
Map of Sevilla