Taxis, Sevilla

Know about this? Rate It!

Narrow streets in the Old City.
    by unaS
  • Taxis
    by spanishguy
  • Taxis
    by spanishguy
  • fairy_dust's Profile Photo

Taxis

by fairy_dust Written Jan 6, 2014

It's easy to hail a cab if you're on one of the major roads in Seville (such as Menendez Pelayo - I often hailed cabs from there).

Just a few warnings - if you're young and female (and especially if you're wearing something sexy), some cab drivers might try to creep on you. Also, if you try to call a cab and get one to come to you, they might not go to all parts of the city. Once, when it was pouring rain, I tried to get a cab home and when I told the cab company on the phone that I was in the Plaza el Salvador, the "customer service" person said cabs don't go there, and hung up on me.

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Taxi

by oriettaIT Written Dec 12, 2010

Taxi are cheap and easy to find, their site provide a extensive list of the places where they wait in line for people here http://www.sevitaxi.es/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=49.
    From and to the airport they have a fixed cost that is 23 Euros at night and during holidays and about 20 during the day. We booked one through our hotel to go to the airport at 4.30am and it came in perfect time.

• unaS's Profile Photo

Not true!

by unaS Updated Oct 11, 2009

Narrow streets in the Old City.

From my experience what has been said so many times here on VT and in other places about taxis in Spain is not true. In almost all of the cities I stayed in I used a taxi from the arrival station to the hostal and then back to the departure station (not always the same) from the hostal.

I was never cheated. The taxi always took a direct route.
    All taxis are metered - even the luggage supplement is added on by the meter.
    I always gave a tip by rounding up to the nearest Euro.

Seville, like the others was fine. The taxi took me directly to my destination for a reasonable price. From my hostal on c/Archeros (Puerta de la Carne) I paid Euro 5 to the train station (with tip). Paid less to the hostal when I returned to Seville from a day trip to Cordoba, too tired to walk back to the hostal (no luggage supplement).

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Save yourself the hassle...take a taxi

by Hopkid Written Jul 8, 2005

Taxi stand is there to the left

We found it a bit confusing figuring out how to catch the city bus to the train station, Santa Justa. My limited Spanish wasn’t good enough to easily find the location of the correct bus stop, nor did it tell me that I would have to transfer to another bus eventually. To save yourself some time, head straight for the taxi stand near the Starbucks on the Puerta de Jerez, not far from the Alfonso XIII hotel (see photo with the Alfonso XIII in the background looking from the west side of Avenida de la Constitucion). The fare will be around 5-6 euros and the trip will take 10-15 minutes depending on the traffic. If there are no taxis at the stand, just flag one down as it comes through the traffic circle.

• Taxis - The Best Way to Ride in Sevilla

by BleedOrange Written Jun 22, 2004

Cabs in Sevilla are by far the best way to get around... Walking is the preferred method, and believe me in Spain you will walk a TON, but every once in awhile you'll want to give your feet a break and hop in a cab. Just give them your destination, and most cabbies will know the way. I didn't have any bad experiences with cabbies trying to run me up, but make sure he understands where you're going before you leave, because none of them speak any English. One time there was some confusion about where exactly on this street (which apparently is very long) I wanted to go, and it was frustrating for both myself and the cabbie trying to get there. Cabs are charged by the kilometer, and if you have several people who can split a cab then it usually isn't more than a Euro per person. No tip is necessary, and the price is usually about the same as taking the bus, so no need to learn the routes. Furthermore, the taxis are extremely convenient because they're all over - just look for one with the green light switched on on the top, that means they're not occupied.

• tompt's Profile Photo

Taxi

by tompt Written Mar 3, 2004

How to stop this taxi without getting wet ???

There are many taxis around in Seville. They are metered. And although the main tourist spots are within walking distance it can be a good idea to take a taxi when it is raining like this. (see picture)

To go to and from the airport the taxi is also the way to go. It will costs approx. 20 Euro, depending on how heavy traffic is.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Moving Around Sevilla Via Cabs/Taxis

by Krystynn Written Dec 25, 2003

Very hard to find cabs during Semana Santa week!

Cabs are relatively easy to flag down in Sevilla and it doesn't cost a bomb either to move around in a cab (compared to hailing one in London or New York or Tokyo!). Of course, during peak hours and during their festivals, expect to wait a little longer.

If you absolutely need to call for a radio taxi, you may wish to take note of the following phone numbers:

· Radio-Taxi Giralda | Tel: 954 675 555
    · Radio-Taxi | Tel: 954 580 000
    · Tele-Taxi | Tel: 954 622 222

Info above provided by the Sevilla Tourist Office (Info Updated: end-December 2003).

Instant Answers: Sevilla