Torremolinos Nightlife

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Around Bajondilla: Illuminated Torremolinos

by suvanki Written Feb 9, 2011

Casa del los Navajas at night

Late January in Torremolinos is probably much tamer than during the summer months. We found that many of the restaurants and bars closed quite early, though when we got back to the Bajondillo Apartments for a night cap,(after our meal at Andaluz Tapas Restaurant- Please see my Restaurant tip for more information) the bar area here was certainly rocking! Many of the large hotels and Apartments provide nightly entertainment geared to the clientèle-Wintertime Snow-birders and Families with children during the Summer

It was quite chilly, so we didn't hang around too long - just long enough to take a photo of Casa del los Navajas, which I'm afraid my photo doesn't do justice to this enchanting palace.

I was quite entranced by these trees outside the restaurant in Plaza del Bajondillo - They appeared to be the kind that you would find in a children's story illustration, where the trees became human- To me they appeared to have a face and arms! OK, I'd had a couple of glasses of Sangria, but Sonja hadn't and she agreed with me! (or perhaps she was just humoring me!!)

I now realise that the nearby impressive 'Two Ladies Running to the Beach' sculpture is illuminated at night, if I'd known, I might have ventured back to snap it in this different light.

Dress Code: Strolling around Torremolinos at night in January, it can get quite cold, so wrap up warm with a jacket/coat or fleece top.

• Architecture
    • Photography

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Eugenio's.: A very popular disco in Torremolinos.

by Regina1965 Updated Dec 16, 2009

Eugenio's at night.

Eugenio's is a popular disco/bar in the center of Torremolinos. I went there a couple of times, but eventually I had to stop going as it is relatively small and crowded and with all this cigarette smoke my eyes just couldn't take it anymore. But it was o.k., elderly crowd, especially before midnight, fill the dancefloor, and later in the night a bit younger people fill the place (nobody was around 20 there, they go to other places). And there are go-go dancers some nights there at around 2 in the night, one night there is a male dancer (a really good one) and another night there is a female dancer. I particularly liked going there on Friday nights. Other nights were o.k. though but this cigarette smoking was really bugging me.

Tuesdays and Thursdays is "Días de la mujer" or Woman´s days and women get one free drink - do take advantage of that, women, as the drinks at Eugenio's are outrageously expensive. There is no entrance fee and they cash in on the drinks.

There are 2 dance floors and the music is very good - disco music and Spanish music. It is open from 21-5 weekdays and 21-6 weekends and during the feria.

Dress Code: There was no dress code.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

El Abanico: Friendly bar for a late night drink

by SWFC_Fan Written Apr 29, 2011

El Abanico, Torremolinos

My girlfriend and I ended our evening tapas bar crawl with a drink at El Abanico during our weekend trip to Torremolinos in February 2011.

With it being the off-season, Torremolinos was pretty quiet as midnight approached and the brightly lit El Abanico, located on Plaza de la Union Europea in the town centre, looked like an inviting cafe bar in which to enjoy a night cap before bed.

I'm not sure what this place is like in the high season when there are more tourists in town, but in February it had a relaxing vibe and was frequented by a handful of (mainly middle aged) locals. Two small groups of Spaniards sat at either end of the cafe, and each group periodically burst out into spontaneous singing amongst themselves. It was a nice atmosphere.

From the extensive drinks list, I opted for a Sangria (3.50 Euros) – a refreshing glass of red wine, brandy, tinned fruit, a slice of orange and a colourful straw – and Emma opted for a Mojito (4.00 Euros) – with a strong mint flavour and lots of ice.

• Moustique's Profile Photo

Garfield's: People from Everywhere

by Moustique Written Nov 17, 2003

This place was crazy just like the town. I went with a friend of mine to Torremolinos and by the end of then night i have a couple dozen. Everyone was just passing through to have fun and that is what we did.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Shenanigans

by keeweechic Written Aug 5, 2009

Shenanigans is an truly Irish pub which opened in 2003. Of course they offer a good range of Irish beers but they also have some of the best known Irish musicians and comedy artists appearing there. There is enough seats for around 300 people for the nightly entertainment.

• Photography

• solopes's Profile Photo

Everywhere: Lively nights

by solopes Updated Sep 25, 2012
    Torremolinos

Torremolinos is one of the liveliest beaches in Spain, which means... in the world. Everywhere we may see people strolling by night, specially by the seaside, with the many restaurants and clubs trying their best to convince the dwellers that theirs would be "the" place to enter.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Torremolinos

Comments

Torremolinos Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Torremolinos nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Torremolinos sightseeing.