Torremolinos Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Torremolinos

The COZY NOOK

by yumyum Updated Apr 10, 2011

The COZY NOOK

The Cosy Nook is just cozy. I already noticed the place on my visit to Torremolinos in January 2011. But this time in April we went there for lunch and I'm glad we did. They serve good, plain, English food which is just what I was after. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Noticing that we weren't English mother tongue, I got actually asked whether I wanted gravy or my mum mayo on her salad. I thought this was a brilliant move. Much appreciated!

Only when writing this tip I realised that other VTers have visited there before and have recommended the place. So much the better.

Favorite Dish: I went for the pork chop special for Euro 5.50 without gravy. All the food that I saw on other people's plates looked very yummy.

Restaurante Playa Miguel: Playa Miguel Beach Club

by yumyum Updated Apr 6, 2011

beach bar Playa Miguel

The Playa Miguel has a beach bar and across the beach promenade is the restaurant itself which is also excellent for people watching if you sit in one of the front rows. Service was attentive and they have a menu with pictures which comes in handy. They have tapas and bigger bites like salads etc.

Favorite Dish: I opted for 3 pork skewers with satay sauce. It came with a part of a baguette. This was Euro 6.50. The dish was very yummy. The natural orange juice as well as a Fanta Lemon were Euro 2.50 each.

Heladeria Pronto

by yumyum Updated Apr 6, 2011

Heladeria Pronto

The Heladeria Pronto is located at the end of the beach promenade of Torremolinos. Only when I got the receipt, I realized that we were already in Benalmadena, the next town.

Anyway they don't only have ice cream but serve a variety of breakfast and pasta meals etc. Staff was very friendly and attentive. The view is not that great. Although you have palm trees in from of the outdoor terrace, you actually look at the back of Burger King. Nevertheless, it's a good spot for people watching.

Favorite Dish: We ended up ordering a breakfast for Euro 7.00 plus plain toast with butter and jam for Euro 2.00. We put the eggs on the toasts and actually had two meals out of this. The natural orange juice was Euro 3.75 and a tea with milk came to Euro 2.00.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Snack Bar Orlando: Now for breakfast......

Snack Bar Orlando

We hadn't booked for breakfast at the Bajondillo apartments, and we'd omitted to 'buy in breakfast supplies', so we set off in search of a suitable place for breakfast. I particularly was looking forward to freshly squeezed orange juice.

As it was raining, we hurried along Paseo Maritimo, and came across Orlando, There were colourful photos of variations on an English breakfast theme, and we were deciding which to chose, when the friendly waiter mentioned an American Breakfast Special -I was expecting a mountain of food, including pancakes and maple syrup etc, but was relieved to find it was orange juice, coffee, 2 slices of toast, jam, bacon, fried eggs, and tomato for 6.50 Euros - This was just what I wanted.

The breakfast was well presented and nicely cooked-I'm afraid that it was too tempting to 'get stuck into' so I forgot to take a photo!
    The orange juice was refreshing, and the coffee was smooth. The orange juice in this offer was smaller than one ordered separately - I did order an extra juice later (2.50 Euros)

Sonja had eaten already, so just had drinks .

For 2 x American Breakfast, 2 orange juices, and 1 hot drink, the Total bill was 19.20 Euros.

I'd enjoyed my breakfast here, and we returned the next day.

Also open for lunch, and evening snacks, drinks.

The paper place mats show a map of the Malaga region (pic 3) A cheap souvenir, and a way of 'getting your bearings'

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Matahambre Taberna: For sublime tapas!

Matahambre Taberna

Natalie had inquired at Reception, for a typical Spanish place to eat, where the locals went -we were recommended Matahambre, for its speciality tapas, though we were told that this would be more expensive than usual.

Well, it was a great place, with a lovely atmosphere, and the food was 'to die for'
    Gilly and I committed a faux pas asking for Sangria, apparently this was a No-No, but we were offered an alternative bottled version- we decided that today would be Beer Research day instead, so draught beer (large) was a good substitute!
    Now, decisions decisions-what to choose from the extensive menu- everything looked so enticing!
    I finally decided to try two of the skewer dishes-chicken in sweet peanut sauce-, I also had the option of hot peanut sauce, and scuttles in squid sauce, which I'd guessed (and hoped) were cuttle fish in a black squid ink sauce-which it was.
    While we waited for our dishes, we had time to munch on the very garlicy olives-Wow! such flavour!

When our food arrived, it was devoured to the sounds of Mmmmmm!, and 'you've got to try this'!
    So, plenty of different flavours to try!I really enjoyed my choices.

Vermouth from the barrel was another treat-Cheers to Natalie for letting me sample hers!
    Well the collective bill for all of our drinks and food (for the 7 of us) came to 82.40. (I think this was the Final bill!)
    I'm afraid that there was some discrepancy, and the bill was altered 3 times, but quite good natured!

A lovely place, good ambiance, friendly staff. Mainly locals eating here.We were pleased to have Natalie translating for us, and the staff appreciated her linguistic skills.

Wooden floors, tables and chairs, outside terrace with patio heaters. Black and White framed photos of old movie stars/icons etc.
    Check out the toilets for the tiles etc (pic 5)
    I should imagine this gets packed at weekends and in the summer.

I can't find a web page for this place, which I'm surprised if they don't have one. I've found quite a few reviews - If anyone finds it please let me know!

I've put the price range as Not Applicable, because it's difficult with us all choosing individual tapas dishes to fit into a price range. I have the receipt, and will print individual prices soon...(though they are itemised in Spanish)

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Not sure of the name of this shop or cafe: Breakfast at the Bus Station

by suvanki Updated Apr 4, 2011

Which pastry is calling me?

Sunday morning, Gilly and I arrived at the bus stop to catch the bus to Mijas, as we had a short wait, and hadn't had breakfast, we nipped into the adjacent supermarket to grab something to eat
    There was a display of pastries on the counter, and I selected one of the 'Danish Pastries' I think this was just over 1 Euro.

Next door was a cafe (open 24 hours) that served snacks and beverages, so I popped in for a quick coffee. This was freshly made and was quite smooth and pleasant, for about 50 cents- (I just grabbed my change, as I didn't want the bus to drive off without me) Standing at the counter, I could keep an eye on the bus. I wasn't sure if it is cheaper to eat or drink standing at the counter, as is the practice in Italy.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my pastry and coffee, and could quite happily have gone back for seconds!

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Bar Jerez: Great value and friendly tapas bar!

by SWFC_Fan Updated Mar 6, 2011

Bar Jerez, Torremolinos

Bar Jerez was the third stop on our evening tapas bar crawl during a weekend stay in Torremolinos in February 2011.

Having enjoyed good seafood and wines at Bodega Quitapenas and drinks with crisps and Serrano ham at Bodegas La Mariposa, we continued to walk along the pedestrianised Calle San Miguel until we reached the end and the busy road of Plaza Costa del Sol. We crossed over the zebra crossing and spotted the inviting looking Bar Jerez just a few metres away on the left hand side.

There were no other diners when we entered and the owner was relaxing in a chair watching the live La Liga football game between Racing Santander and Sevilla that was being screened on a TV in the corner of the restaurant. Making sure that the football action was in my sightline, we sat on a couple of wooden chairs at a small round table.

The friendly staff invited us to look at the dishes that were displayed behind a glass counter on the bar. The tapas menu also contained English translations, so ordering food here was never going to be a problem and didn't require us to use the menu translation guide in our guidebook.

We scrutinised the menu and, with tapas dishes priced between 1.00 Euro and 2.50 Euros, decided that we would try a selection of different foods. I noticed that there were no prawns on the tapas menu, and a lack of seafood in general, but I'd already enjoyed plenty of prawns that evening so it wasn't a problem. The large choice of non-seafood dishes was a very welcome sight for Emma.

We first ordered 3 or 4 dishes and, as we were enjoying them, ordered a couple more. The table wasn't big enough for all the food, which included a basket of bread as well as the dishes we'd ordered, so the waiter positioned a high wooden stool besides our table and balanced a couple of the dishes upon it.

We ordered the following food:

Tortilla de Patatas - Price: 1.80 Euros

A large slice of potato omelette served with a couple of slices of crusty bread. It was served cold and contained some large pieces of potato. It was much nicer than I imagined cold omelette would be.

Boquerones en Vinagre - Price: 1.80 Euros

Anchovies in vinegar. Three slices of crusty bread, each topped with a couple of greasy, vinegar soaked anchovies. I'd never had anchovies before, but found them to be very nice. The dozens of tiny bones in each fish were perfectly edible.

Albondigas - Price: 1.80 Euros

Two large meatballs in a fairly spicy sauce. The meat was good quality (not fatty) and the sauce was tasty without being particularly memorable.

Queso Manchego - Price: 1.80 Euros

Three slices of Manchego cheese. It seemed to be covered in some sort of flavourless oil or dressing.

We selected the last two dishes not from the menu, but by pointing at them behind the bar. I'm not sure of the exact prices, but given the total value of the bill, they cannot have cost more than about 2 Euros each. One was pork in a creamy peppercorn sauce (tender pieces of pork and lots of sauce) and the other was potatoes with cheese, bacon and onions (a dish of sauteed potatoes with melted cheese, diced onions and lots of bacon, some of which was quite fatty).

I enjoyed a couple of glasses of vino fino (a sweet, dark sherry) and Emma had a couple of soft drinks.

Our final bill was a remarkably good value 16.60 Euros.

Good value tapas! Tasty food, lovely sherry and friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Bodegas La Mariposa: Drinks and nibbles near Calle San Miguel

by SWFC_Fan Written Mar 6, 2011

Bodegas La Mariposa, Torremolinos

Bodegas La Mariposa was the second stop on our evening's tapas bar crawl during a weekend stay in Torremolinos in February 2011.

Having just enjoyed lovely seafood and wines at Bodega Quitapenas, we walked along Calle San Miguel in search of our next stop. We saw that Bodegas La Mariposa looked fairly busy and our attention was grabbed by a sign advertising "Cana y Tapa 1.50 Euros".

This small bar is located either on Calle San Miguel itself or just off it, and looks particularly authentic with dozens of hams hanging above the bar.

A handful of locals were sitting and standing by the bar (which effectively meant that it was full, such is its small size) and a larger group of locals were sitting at one of the outdoor tables. It being a surprisingly mild February evening, we took a seat outside and removed our coats.

Keen to explore the Cana y Tapa (a small draught beer with a plate of tapas) for 1.50 Euros offer further, we asked the waiter what tapas dishes were available. To our slight disappointment, he explained that no food was sold, but that the tapas was complimentary when you ordered a drink. We could see people on the other tables nibbling on potato crisps and thin slices of Serrano ham, so we decided to stay for a quick drink before moving on to find somewhere with a better selection of food.

I ordered a large draught Cruzcampo beer and Emma had a glass of vino blanco and the waiter brought us a plate filled with ready salted crisps and a fairly generous portion of thinly sliced, tasty Jamon Serrano. The bill came to 5.50 Euros.

A nice little bar offering draught beers, wines and complimentary crisps and ham.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Bodega Quitapenas: Great value seafood tapas!

by SWFC_Fan Updated Mar 6, 2011

Bodega Quitapenas, Torremolinos

Bodega Quitapenas was the first stop on our Saturday evening tapas bar crawl during a weekend stay in Torremolinos in February 2011.

Our guidebook recommended this as an excellent place to enjoy good value seafood tapas and larger seafood meals, as well as local wines and sherries.

We followed the directions in our guidebook and located Bodega Quitapenas at the end of Calle San Miguel (the main pedestrianised shopping/dining street in the upper part of Torremolinos), tucked away in a corner at the top of the steps that lead down to sea level and Bajondillo beach.

It wasn't very busy when we arrived, but we had started eating fairly early be Spanish standards. There were a handful of locals standing by the bar enjoying tasty looking seafood dishes and a few more sitting at the various tables with more seafood and glasses of red and white wines.

We sat at one of the simple wooden tables and admired the surroundings. A large tiled mosaic with the words "Bodega Quitapenas, Torremolinos" dominated one of the walls, while the other walls were colourfully tiled and contained a mixture of pictures, chalk board menus and handwritten special offers on pieces of A4 paper stuck to the wall. The area behind the bar contained a selection of large wooden barrels, each containing a different style of local wine.

We picked up menu cards and scrutinised the available options with the help of the translation section of our guidebook. While a large chalk board by the bar offered English translations of the main meals, the menu cards (which contained the all important tapas section!) were in Spanish only. It soon became apparent that the menu was not just dominated by seafood, but was almost exclusively seafood. In fact, the only tapas options that did not come from the sea were bread and olives. This was fine by me, but Emma doesn't like seafood, so her options were limited. We asked the waitress if they served ham and cheese tapas dishes, but she replied that they didn't. As this was just the first stop of our evening's planned culinary tour, Emma was happy to nibble on the bread and save her appetite for the next stop while I enjoyed a couple of plates of seafood.

The Vino Blanco de la Casa (white house wine) at just 0.95 Euros a glass was probably another significant factor in persuading Emma to stay here while I ate!

Although I had no intention of ordering a full meal, as I was looking forward to sampling a variety of tapas dishes over the course of the evening, I noted that there was an extensive choice including prawns, squid, octopus, whitebait, sardines, tuna, salmon, cod, cuttle fish, mussels and crab. Prices ranged from 4.75 Euros for sardines through to 15.50 Euros for fried mixed seafood, with most dishes costing around 7 Euros.

I turned my attention to the tapas section and, even with the help of our guidebook, I could only partially translate some of the options and not translate some of the others at all. I managed to ascertain that some of the items were seafood omelettes, octopus with lemon, anchovies in vinegar, smoked salmon and smoked codfish. I knew that "gambas" meant prawns and although I couldn't fully translate either of the two prawn options, I ordered both:

Gambas rebozadas - Price: 2.50 Euros

This turned out to be prawns in batter. I received a large portion of decent sized prawns in a fairly heavy batter. They were nice and very good value for money, however they weren't the fresh seafood that I was looking for. Instead, they were the kind of battered prawns that I have eaten many times in restaurants in the UK as part of a seafood platter starter. Nice enough, but without the fresh taste to suggest that they had just been pulled from the sea just 100 metres from where I was sitting. That's not to say that they weren't freshly caught; perhaps they were caught that very day, but the heavy batter undermined any hint of freshness.

Thankfully, my second choice was exactly what I was looking for:

Gambas cocidas - Price: 2.50 Euros

These boiled prawns, with their heads, legs and shells still intact, had clearly been sitting in ice and tasted remarkably fresh. If the waitress had told me that they were caught specifically for me after I had placed my order I would have believed her. They were that fresh tasting. They were also excellent value for money, costing just 2.50 Euros for a plate of a dozen large prawns. I couldn't get that kind of value for money at any restaurant back in the UK.

The tapas prices were very reasonable, ranging from 0.80 Euros for a bowl of olives to 3.00 Euros for octopus with lemon and smoked codfish, with most dishes costing around 2.20 Euros or 2.50 Euros.

I washed my prawns down with a chilled glass of vino fino (a sweet, lightly coloured sherry) dispensed from one of the barrels behind the bar and costing just 1.50 Euros a glass.

Overall, the food and wines were exceptionally good value for money. The seafood was tasty and the choice was very extensive. This was a good start to our evening's tapas bar crawl!

I would have no hesitation in strongly recommending Bodega Quitapenas...but only if you're a fan of seafood!

TIKI RESTAURANT LOUNG BAR: TAPAS AND MORE

by LoriPori Written Mar 5, 2011

TIKI Restaurant

Friday January 28, 2011
    At the suggestion of the ladies at Bajondillo Lobby Desk, our VT Group had dinner at TIKI RESTAURANT LOUNGE BAR. It was very nicely decorated inside and fairly new.
    They accommodated our group very well. Good service - good food.
    Hans and I shared a shrimp and tuna Pizza ( 11,50 Euros) which was delicious. The thin crust was loaded with cheese, pieces of tuna and shrimp. It was more than enough for us to eat. We also each had a small bottle of Sprite (2,50 Euros each). Couvert consisted of nachos, bread & butter (1,20 Euros each).
    Our total bill came to 20,00 Euros.

RESTAURANTE NUEVO LANJARON: LUNCH MENU FOR 6,50 EUROS

by LoriPori Updated Mar 5, 2011

Business card for Nuevo Lanjaron

Tuesday, February 16, 2010
    Friends of ours at Bajondillo suggested we go to RESTAURANTE NUEVO LANJARON restaurant for lunch, so Hans and I, along with Fina, Gino, Marian and Rhoda did just that.
    It was about a 20 minute walk from our Hotel (and up the 179 steps to C/San Miguel).
    They feature a lunch menu for 6,50 Euros.
    Our menu started off with a platter of mixed salad - Ensalada Mixta - consisted of lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, olives and a nice garnish of sweet shredded beets.
    For the main dish, Hans and I each had Chicken Croquets - Croquetas de Polla - consisted of 6 Croquets with a side of patatas.
    For dessert we both had Flan de la Casa - delicious.
    Agua - also included.

Other selections included liver, pork chops, and mixed fried fish
    There is also a lunch menu for 7,50 Euros

RESTAURANTE LANJARON: MENU FOR 7,50 EUROS

by LoriPori Updated Mar 5, 2011

Front view of Restaurante Lanjaron

Tuesday, February 22, 2011
    Right next door to the other Lanjaron that we went to before, is another LANJARON RESTAURANT owned by a brother. This one is a little different - smaller in size and very cozy. They offer a Menu for 7,50 Euros. Hans chose the 1/2 Chicken dinner, which came with a delicious and generous salad plate. Also a drink (Sprite) and dessert ( Almond ice cream) was included.
    I had Leg of Pork, which was thin slices of pork, with potato fries. Also a drink (Sprite) and dessert (Caramel Flan) was included. For my starter, I had Macaroni & Pasta sauce, which was also a generous portion and very good.
    For two, our meal came to 16 Euros/
    We went together with Bajondillo friends Sam and Grace & Gino and Fina. Very enjoyable lunch.

DE KLIKSPAAN: DUTCH TREATS

De Klikspaan

Hansi had a craving for something Dutch to eat, so we went to DE KLIKSPAAN where they have many Dutch dishes, such as sate', patat with mayonnaise, pannekoeken, loempia, broodjes and many others.
    Hans had patat with mayonnaise - 2 Euros - and a glass of 7-Up
    The great thing about eating here, is that it is on the promenade and you can enjoy your meal while watching the crowds walk by.

Update: Saturday, February 19, 2011
    I told Hans that De Klikspaan had take away. So we went and ordered two Krokets at 2,35 Euros each. We were very disappointed with what we got, as they sure didn't taste very good. Won't do that again.

CHICKEN LAND: ROASTED CHICKEN ON THE SPIT

Chicken Land

Many at the Bajondillo were raving about the roast chicken - asador de pollos - that you could take-out at CHICKEN LAND. So one night Hans and I did just that. We ordered a whole chicken which was 7.50 Euros and a medium order of patatas 2.50 Euros. We asked if they could cut it in half for us which would make it easier to divvy up between us. The chicken was delicious, especially the breast meat which was so tender and juicy. The patatas were also very good. So a very reasonable meal for 10 Euros.
    They had an eat-in special offer going on - 1/2 roast chicken (pollo asado), chips (patatas) and salad ( ensalada ) for 4.90 Euros which is a very good deal.

Update: Friday February 19, 2010
    Take away - Tambien para llevar
    Had the delicious roast chicken on the spit again, but this time ordered half roast chicken for 4 Euros plus a medium patatas for 2,50

Update: Friday January 28 & Saturday February 5, 2011
    Take away - The day we arrived at the Bajondillo, it was raining, so I ran over to Chicken land and picked up a half roast chicken (still Euros 4,00) and a medium patatas ( still Euros 2,50). It was tender, juicy and delicious. The second time we got take away, I swear she gave me left over chicken from the day before, as she warmed it up in the microwave and the chicken tasted old and dry. Disappointed enough that I'll probably won't go back there again. Or if I do, I will make sure she gives us fresh chicken.

RESTAURANTE CHINO SANDA: MENU DE DIA

My Chicken & Almonds & Dish of Rice

Another one of our favourite restaurants is the RESTAURANTE CHINO SANDA. We ate here three times in four weeks. They offered an excellent 'Menu del dia" for the tidy sum of 5,20 Euros. Hans and I both had Chicken with Almonds, and every time, it came out fresh, hot and delicious as it was cooked to order. A side dish of fried rice with egg came with it. Appetizers were a choice of Chicken & mushroom soup or spring roll. I found the chicken soup very watery with very little pieces of chicken, but the spring roll was delicious and bursting with sprouts and vegetables. For dessert, you had a choice of ice cream or caramel cream cake. Coffee & tea is extra if you order dessert. All in all it's good value. Take-out is available.

Update: Sunday, January 30, 2011
    Hans and I and Sonja were in the mood for Chinese. So we went to Chino Sanda together. The "Menu de Dia" is now 6,90 Euros. Hans had the sweet and sour Pork, while I had Chicken with Almonds. It was good, and there was a generous portion of chicken, but they were a little skimpy with the almonds as I counted 3. We all shared a pot of tea.

Instant Answers: Torremolinos

Comments

Torremolinos Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Torremolinos restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Torremolinos sightseeing.