Torremolinos Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Torremolinos

LOS GALLEGOS CAFETERIA HELADERIA: MENU FOR 8 EUROS

by LoriPori Written Feb 16, 2008

Heladeria Los Gallegos

A short walk from Bajondillo, was a lovely local restaurant called LOS GALLEGOS CAFETERIA HELADERIA. We ate here three times during our three week stay. They had a very good "Menu for 8 Euros".
    First Plate: Chicken - Tomato - vegetable Soup ( Chicken soup was delicious )
    Mixed Salad Plate ( very good )

Second Plate: White fish ( soso )
    Chicken filet and salad ( very good )
    Hamburger with potato
    Pork Loin with potato & Egg ( very good )
    Spain Omelet with Salad

Dessert: Yogurt - Fruit - Ice Cream

Coffee - Soft Drink - wine - beer

YAUCO: CAFETERIA HELADERIA

by LoriPori Written Feb 18, 2008

The thing we love most about Torremolinos is its wonderful promenade that runs all along the beach and one of our favourite things to do is walk along the promenada. There are many little places to stop and have a coffee and of course people watch. One of those cute little places was YAUCO. They tempted us with a big poster that offered a coffee, orange juice and croissant for 3 Euros. Of course we tried it and were very satisfied. It was fun to sit there at a table right next to the promenade and watch people go by. We even saw some of our fellow residents from Bajondillo pass by and say Hello. The coffee was excellent - the orange juice fresh squeezed and the croissant so fresh.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

El pequeno Jardín - The small garden.: A Danish restaurant - Den lille have.

by Regina1965 Updated Oct 12, 2009

The restaurant.

El Pequeno Jardín "Den Lille Have" is an authentic Danish restaurant and as such has this extra touch of the Danish "hygge sig" factor. We had Danish "frikadeller" meat balls and chicken breast with Roqueford cheese gravy. Dining in the restaurant garden was lovely, the Danes know how to create this extra cozy atmosphere. I guess I am still coloured by the fact that my first visit abroad was to Denmark when I was 8 and I am still fascinated by all things Danish :D

Favorite Dish: Authentic "Danish" frikadeller is always a delight.

RESTAURANTE "LA PAELLA": WONDERFUL PAELLA & FISH DISHES

by LoriPori Written Feb 23, 2009

Restaurante Paella

Hans and I, along with new friends Alba and Juan, had dinner at this lovely restaurant on the Paseo called LA PAELLA. As it was a lovely, sunny Sunday afternoon, the restaurant was filled with locals.
    We had a nice table at the back, with an excellent view of the sea. It was also nice and bright.
    Hans ordered pork and baked potato. I ordered fillet of beef, which came with patatas and salad. Alba and Juan shared a huge plate of Paella. Hans, Alba and I also had a Sangria with our meal.
    Service was good, even though they were very busy. The locals got a little loud after a while, which was a little annoying, but all in all a pleasant dining experience.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Bar Andaluz in Bajondillo.: A very Spanish Tapas bar.

by Regina1965 Updated Dec 16, 2009

Shrimps Pil-Pil.

While living in Torremolinos for 6 months in 2009 there was a Tapas-bar we frequently went to as it was on the first floor in our building, so it came in handy. It was a bit cheaper than other restaurants, family-run and with excellent service.

We went there so often but my tip is on a dinner that my friends had - shrimps Pil-Pil in sizzling hot oil with garlic and seasoning and deep-fried squid. Everything was up to par and the dinner was delicious.

It is closed on Mondays like so many other places.

The restaurant is located on the ground floor in a residential property/block of flats with the whole ground floor being restaurants from one corner to the other. Opposite is the Mini-Golf.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

La Posada de Antonio.: A restaurant owned by Antonio de Banderas.

by Regina1965 Updated Oct 18, 2009

The entrance to the restaurant.

La Posada de Antonio is one of several restaurants in the Malaga area owned by the actor Antonio Banderas (from Malaga). The restaurant has a lovely rustic décor.

The food was excellent. The chicken breast and leg was very juicy and succulent and had been grilled on charcoal. The french-fries were "home-made". The coalslaw was a fresh touch, unusual for Spain. Everything was up to par.

Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith also own a restaurant by the same name in Malaga and The Kaleido bar and disco at Puerto Deportivo in Benalmadena and they always visit one of these places while in this area, so you might spot them ;)

RESTAURANTE NUEVO LANJARON: LUNCH MENU FOR 6,50 EUROS

by LoriPori Updated Mar 5, 2011

Business card for Nuevo Lanjaron

Tuesday, February 16, 2010
    Friends of ours at Bajondillo suggested we go to RESTAURANTE NUEVO LANJARON restaurant for lunch, so Hans and I, along with Fina, Gino, Marian and Rhoda did just that.
    It was about a 20 minute walk from our Hotel (and up the 179 steps to C/San Miguel).
    They feature a lunch menu for 6,50 Euros.
    Our menu started off with a platter of mixed salad - Ensalada Mixta - consisted of lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber, olives and a nice garnish of sweet shredded beets.
    For the main dish, Hans and I each had Chicken Croquets - Croquetas de Polla - consisted of 6 Croquets with a side of patatas.
    For dessert we both had Flan de la Casa - delicious.
    Agua - also included.

Other selections included liver, pork chops, and mixed fried fish
    There is also a lunch menu for 7,50 Euros

Restaurante Bar Los Pescadores Playa: Fresh Fish and Seafood dishes

by suvanki Written Feb 4, 2011

Restaurante Bar Los Pescadores Playa

Walking along Paseo Maritimo, there were plenty of places to eat, however we hadn't seen anywhere that served typical Spanish/Andalucian cuisine - plenty of British, Dutch and Scandinavian establishments, which looked nice, but our quest was for something more authentic.
    The smell of food cooking and charcoal grills wafted into the air, and I was getting quite hungry. The menu board outside this restaurant looked interesting-in Spanish, and no photos of the food available-This looked like the place we were looking for.

First things first, a jug of Sangria, while we perused the menu - this came in a jug, with a wooden spoon, and was one of the nicest Sangrias that I'd tried.

There was a variety of fish and seafood to chose from, I was tempted to try something new, but instead fell back on my traditional 'first meal on holiday dish' of calamares- Gilly chose Calamaritos. We also ordered a mixed salad to share.

The restaurant wasn't full, but appeared that the diners were Spanish, and some appeared to be locals enjoying a leisurely lunch before returning to work.

There was a nice relaxing atmosphere- I love just chilling in a beach side restaurant, knowing that if I wasn't here, I'd be at work !! There was just the right amount of time to wait for our food-long enough to know that it's being freshly cooked, but not too long that you're over hungry.

Apparently, this family run restaurant has been established here, on Fishermans beach, for over 25 years.

Besides fish, there is a variety of salads, paellas, meat dishes, egg dishes and desserts.

Favorite Dish: The calamare (8.25 Euros)was fresh, hot and delicious- with a light batter that complimented the seafood, served simply with a wedge of lemon.

The mixed salad (4 Euros) was a pleasant surprise- lettuce leaves, beef tomatoes, sweet corn, onion plus green olives, julienne carrot and tuna!-

Gilly devoured her calamaritos (8.50 Euros), and was very pleased with her choice.

The Sangria (11 Euros) was very quaffable!!! with a pleasant after taste, which I couldn't identify.

Cubierto (bread and cutlery etc) -we were only charged for 1 person 1.40 Euros

Total Bill for 2 .....33.15 Euros

I'd certainly recommend this place

• stefan1972's Profile Photo

Bistro Belgica: Belgian Beers and specialities

by stefan1972 Updated Sep 11, 2003

inside

This family owned restaurant is located in Montemar between Hotel Barracuda and Hotel Melia Torremolinos, 500 metres from Puerto Marina. The warm and friendly atmosphere will make you feel at home. Moreover, you will be given personalised attention since 5 languages are spoken: Dutch, English, Spanish, French and German. Their typical Belgian dishes include: Homemade shrimp croquettes, snails in garlic butter and frog legs in garlic butter. Try their speciality Fondue Bourguignonne. To accompany your meal, they offer an exclusive selection of wines and 20 Belgian beers (of up to 11% alcohol).

Favorite Dish: Fondue Bourguignonne!!! TRY IT and you'll know why :-)

• Golf

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Matahambre Taberna: For sublime tapas!

by suvanki Updated Apr 4, 2011

Matahambre Taberna

Natalie had inquired at Reception, for a typical Spanish place to eat, where the locals went -we were recommended Matahambre, for its speciality tapas, though we were told that this would be more expensive than usual.

Well, it was a great place, with a lovely atmosphere, and the food was 'to die for'
    Gilly and I committed a faux pas asking for Sangria, apparently this was a No-No, but we were offered an alternative bottled version- we decided that today would be Beer Research day instead, so draught beer (large) was a good substitute!
    Now, decisions decisions-what to choose from the extensive menu- everything looked so enticing!
    I finally decided to try two of the skewer dishes-chicken in sweet peanut sauce-, I also had the option of hot peanut sauce, and scuttles in squid sauce, which I'd guessed (and hoped) were cuttle fish in a black squid ink sauce-which it was.
    While we waited for our dishes, we had time to munch on the very garlicy olives-Wow! such flavour!

When our food arrived, it was devoured to the sounds of Mmmmmm!, and 'you've got to try this'!
    So, plenty of different flavours to try!I really enjoyed my choices.

Vermouth from the barrel was another treat-Cheers to Natalie for letting me sample hers!
    Well the collective bill for all of our drinks and food (for the 7 of us) came to 82.40. (I think this was the Final bill!)
    I'm afraid that there was some discrepancy, and the bill was altered 3 times, but quite good natured!

A lovely place, good ambiance, friendly staff. Mainly locals eating here.We were pleased to have Natalie translating for us, and the staff appreciated her linguistic skills.

Wooden floors, tables and chairs, outside terrace with patio heaters. Black and White framed photos of old movie stars/icons etc.
    Check out the toilets for the tiles etc (pic 5)
    I should imagine this gets packed at weekends and in the summer.

I can't find a web page for this place, which I'm surprised if they don't have one. I've found quite a few reviews - If anyone finds it please let me know!

I've put the price range as Not Applicable, because it's difficult with us all choosing individual tapas dishes to fit into a price range. I have the receipt, and will print individual prices soon...(though they are itemised in Spanish)

Vinoteca El Elefante: Pintxos, an alternative Tapas

by suvanki Updated Feb 5, 2011

All in the name of research! Sonja and Gilly

Gillybob had chosen this place for our VT meet Saturday lunch, from a review, as it sounded like an authentic place to eat.
    Gilly, Sonja and myself went to find it on the Friday. It was a bit further than we'd expected, but once we found it, we all agreed it was worth the 40 minute or so walk - and the walk on Saturday would burn off calories, so guilt free eating!!.

As a Vinoteca, El Elefante has a vast wine cellar, but as Friday was 'Beer Research day' I ordered a small beer- Gilly and Sonja had soft drinks. These were served with a complimentary plate of pintxos, consisting of squares of bread, with a cube of tortilla held by a wooden cocktail stick, the drizzle of flavoured oil was delicious-I think I detected dill and wholegrain mustard.
    We had positioned ourselves next to the array of pintxos, and there were some quite unusual dishes-spatchcocked quail, quails eggs on 'black pudding', tortilla, 'russian salad' etc. These were all pierced with a coloured cocktail stick, which indicated the price - the idea being that you order your pintxos, then you present the cocktail sticks, so your bill can be sorted.

I remembered from my previous trip to Bilbao, that pintxos were the traditional small dishes accompanying drinks in the Basque region.

I asked the ?owner about this and she confirmed that these were Basque, and were 'better than tapas' as they were more elaborate dishes, whereas tapas were 'simple snacks'. Well I didn't feel qualified to comment, but was more than happy to do a comparison - all in the name of research of course!
    I did remember that the Basque region, particularly San Sebastian is noted for its Gourmet quality dining.

Yes, I was looking forward to Saturday lunch......

Well 22 of us found our way here- complimentary pintxos were placed on our tables- tortilla cubes on bread, meat on bread and paella spoons etc. However, there was some confusion-people were ordering pintxos, but the owner was keeping the cocktail sticks-I think she expected that we'd divide the bill at the end! This would have been confusing-luckily Carmen stepped in and sorted it out-We all paid for what we'd had, then paid each time we ordered.
    I ordered 2 rose wines, which didn't appear-I thought that I saw them go to another table, but just ordered again-I found out later that this was what had happened.
    There was a special offer of 6 pintxos (orange cocktail sticks) for 9 Euros- This sounded like a good option (pic 4)
    Despite the confusion, it all seemed to turn out Ok, and most of us who'd turned up enjoyed eating here - I'd certainly recommend it!

Open Tuesday- Sunday
    Visa and Mastercard accepted
    Pre-book or turn up
    Parties catered for
    Seating inside or out

On Facebook too!
    Can't find a web site-If anyone can, please let me know!

El Velero.: The most decorated chiringuito on the beach :D

by Regina1965 Updated Oct 16, 2009

The beef-steak - very good :)

El Velero is the most decorated chiringuito (beach bar/restaurant) on the beach of Torremolinos. I just love it, the gardens have got a lot of statues and ponds with gold-fish and frogs and in the evenings it is lit up right down to the ocean and the path leading from Paseo Marítimo to the beach has got a strawberry scent :D I spent many evenings at the restaurant and in the garden.

We were always very satisfied with the food at the restaurant, the beef was excellent and everything was up to par, the service was outstanding, even if the waiters had been on their feet for way too long and always extremely busy, then you were served with a smile and a joke. Only once the food was not ok, it was a shrimp salad which had limp salad, frozen shrimps and everything was wrong with it and we left it there almost untouched. But due to the many times we had been satisfied with the food we didn´t complain.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Natura-Sur.: A good pizza made by an Icelandic chef.

by Regina1965 Updated Oct 13, 2009

Pizza Soprano

A very good pizzeria with delicious pizzas. Excellent location in the middle of Bajondillo. We were a party of 8 people and dined there a couple of times and they were very satisfied with this restaurant. The pizzas were crisp and you could even find a pizza with raisins :D

The chef there is Icelandic.

Favorite Dish: Pizza with raisins :D

CAFETERIA BAJONDILLO: RESTAURANT AT THE BAJONDILLO

by LoriPori Updated Mar 2, 2013

Bajondillo

February, 2010
    A few times during our stay at the Bajondillo in Torremolinos, we had dinner in their restaurant, CAFETERIA BAJONDILLO, especially on the rainy days, when we didn't feel like going out into the rain. Most dishes were under 10 Euros. I really like the spaghetti dinner - great sauce ( I usually ask for extra). I've also had the 1/2 chicken dinner which comes with patatas. They also have pork chops and a fish and chip dinner - all good - all reasonably priced.
    They offer breakfast buffet in the morning. I think it was 8 Euros. Not bad, but I don't think it's worth 8 Euros.

Update: Saturday January 29 & Tuesday February 15, 2011
    During this visit, Hans and I ate twice at the Cafeteria Bajondillo. Both times I had Spaghetti Bolonesa - Euro 5,50 (Photo # 2). The first dinner Hans had The special of the Day - Roast beef with gravy, vegetables and patatas - Euro 6,90 (Photo #3). The second dinner Hans had Escalope de Cerdo - Euro 6,50

Update: February 2013
    During this visit, Hans and I ate once and had "take-out" twice at the Cafeteria Bajondillo. I had Spaghetti Bolonesa which is still 5,50 Euros and Hans had half chicken - 4,10 Euros and patatas fritas - 2,80 Euros.

Favorite Dish: 1/2 Pollo Asado - half roasted chicken - Euro 5,90
    Update Feb 2013 - a Cup of coffee is now 1,45

The bill please - La cuenta pour favor

L Epanto Salon de te Pasteleria: Lovely place for Afternoon tea

by suvanki Updated Feb 4, 2011

We walked off some of our lunch calories, and ended up on Calle San Miguel, where we had the choice of 2 tearooms, Lepanta and a few doors away, Goyesca.
    We decided that we preferred the window display of Lepanta - So many pastries, chocolates and other delicacies that were calling to be tried!

Inside were further calorie laden delights-Ice cream, delicate fruit tartlets, gataux etc.

It was so difficult to choose just one pastry-I eventually settled for an almond pastry 'cone ' wrapped around a custard filling. Then the decision was which tea to choose-I much prefer drinking tea to coffee, and am waiting for the forecasted 'tea room revolution' to hit the UK. Lepanta does serve coffee, as well as a selection of cold drinks

I chose Earl Grey, which came as loose leaf tea (Not a tea bag-hoorah) in a pot, with a strainer.

There was an extensive menu of speciality teas.

Pleasantly decorated, with an eye catching feature chandelier.
    I can't find my receipt, but think it was less than 5 Euros for my pastry and drink.

We returned here again 2 days later, this time there were about 10 of us!

Again it was a difficult decision - I eventually selected a delectable chocolate mousse/truffle encased in dark chocolate - Bliss! my Earl Grey Luxus was presented in a tea bag this time, but made of silk! Yes, it felt quite decadent!

I enjoyed my tea room experience, and again something that I probably wouldn't have expected to find in Torremolinos. Apparently there is a branch in Marbella too.

Instant Answers: Torremolinos

Comments

Torremolinos Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Torremolinos restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Torremolinos sightseeing.