Albarracín Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Albarracín

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Taxi - Taxis Barrera

by nomad7890 Written Aug 15, 2009

I found a nice taxi company before my trip and made arrangements to be my car during my trip to Teruel and Albarracin. I stayed at the Parador so I was not within walking distance of the train station. One of the hotels I had looked at recommended Taxi Barrera, and I was very pleased with their service. They waited for my arrival into Teruel by train, took me to the Parador and waited for me to register, drove me to Albarracin and made an excellent recommendation regarding a guided walk, picked me up four hours later and took me back to the hotel. In the morning they picked me up from the hotel and took me to the center of Teruel, then they picked me up before my train, took me back to the hotel to get my luggage, and left me at the train station. I had a difficult time paying them, because they kept saying "oh, don't worry, later" - but the agreed upon price was 110 Euro, which I thought was excellent to keep from getting a car as it is *very, very* difficult to drive in Albarracin. Taking the taxi freed me from the bus schedule, and made for a very nice trip.

Taxis Barrera is based out of Teruel. Name of the owner is Francisco Barrera.

I pre-arranged for my taxis before the trip by sending a note at the email shown below. It may take a couple of days to get a response, but a response will come. They are extremely reliable.

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Take the bus from Teruel

by nomad7890 Updated Aug 15, 2009

Due to the bus schedule, which as of the date this tip was written was 13:30 Monday thru Saturday. If you're planning to take the bus from Teruel to Albarracin you would either need to sleep over in Albarracin or find a taxi to bring you back to Teruel (see tip on taxis). So if you wanted to see both Albarracin and Teruel you could see Albarracin in the afternoon, sleep in Albarracin, then take the bus back to Teruel at 8:30 the next morning.

The website below is in Spanish, however it's easy to navigate because there are two pulldowns on the upper right, all assuming you are looking for Departures (Salidas) from Teruel, or Arrivals (Llegadas) into Teruel - so there is no "from-to" combinations. All arrivals and departures default to Teruel. You just select where you go from Teruel (Salidas) or where you arrive into Teruel (Llegadas).

The bus station is located at Ronda de Amgeles, s/n 44001 Teruel Spain (s/n means without a number).

• Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Albarracín

Comments

Albarracín Transportation

Reviews and photos of Albarracín transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Albarracín sightseeing.