Cangas de Onís Restaurants

Blame it on the vino
    Restaurant location
    by garridogal
    Good friends 'n good food!

Most Recent Restaurants in Cangas de Onís

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Sidreria Mayar: Great meal on the plaza

by garridogal Updated Feb 12, 2011

We walked around the park on Calle Parke and picked one of the many restaurants there for lunch. Maybe it was the banner announcing Fabada that drew us in. Who knows? At any rate it was a lovely and delicious lunch. Although the sky grew dark at times, luckily it didn't rain on us while we were eating.

Favorite Dish: Most of the gals had the Fabada for their first plate. I had a rice and clam dish which was good but would've filled me way too much had I eaten the whole thing. For my second dish I had a Spanish version of Steak Frittes. The meat was fatty, meaning it was delicious as were the potatoes that were served with large piece of fried red pepper. Another popular dish at our table was a seasoned and sauteed fillet of white fish, served with the famous Spanish white asparagus and the same red pepper. I tried it and it was also lovely.

Blame it on the vino Fabada....yummmmm!!!!! Restaurant location Good friends 'n good food! What could be better?
    • Wine Tasting

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Restaurante La Ponderosa: Fresh Seafood and very good Meats!

by Hosell Updated Oct 29, 2003

In Asturias you'll find very good food.The most famous dish here,it is La Fabada,but you can find very nice restaurants along the region.In our tour by the coastline we found this small and nice restaurant, "La Ponderosa" with very good seafood and also meats.

To drink you must to ask for Asturian Cider,with out any doubts the best Cider in world!. :-)

Favorite Dish: We asked for a very nice and huge beef steak.Other specialities dishes are:
    Seafood:
    Langosta (lobster),bogavantes,percebes,oricios.
    Fish: Bonito,Rape Congrio.
    Meats:Steaks,lamb chops,pork chops.

Instant Answers: Cangas de Onís

Comments

Cangas de Onís Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cangas de Onís restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cangas de Onís sightseeing.

View all Cangas de Onís hotels