Oviedo Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Oviedo

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Mercado del Fontán

by garridogal Written Nov 22, 2010

I love going into classic markets overseas almost as much as I love going to supermarkets. This place is gorgeous too. The exterior is almost middle eastern looking and there are so many stalls to choose from.

What to buy: We bought the most delicious cheese that brought us a multitude of joy for days to come.

Mercado's exotic exterior Okay, who goosed who? Beautifully displayed fish Always good to have a spare Meat, meat, meat, and one pigeon

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Market at Plaza de Daoíz y Velarde

by garridogal Written Nov 22, 2010

Our morning in Oviedo started with, once again, emerging from a parking lot and onto an outdoor market. I'm not superstitious but I definitely felt it was it was sign from a higher power...

What to buy: Well.... we got some souvenirs, some dumb dresses (well, they won't be if owls ever come in style and I drop 40 lbs) and one gorgeous rose quartz and pearl pendant. I just knew it was meant to be MINE from the moment I saw it.

Talk about signs.... : )

We just wanna shop, okay? Where to start? Beautiful Asturian architecture
    • Women's Travel
    • Festivals

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

El Corte Ingles: Anything you can imagine buying

by karenincalifornia Updated Aug 2, 2007

I know El Corte Ingles is not authentic Spanish shopping - it is just a huge mega department store, but I am simply pointing out that there is an El Corte Ingles in Oviedo if you happen to need to buy something. Doesn't matter what. El Corte Ingles has it. (Except for the right kind of shoes for my fashionista daugher.) We needed (1) shampoo, (2) a flash card and (3) a razor. El Corte Ingles has them all.

What to buy: Oh my god. El Corte Ingles has everything. It makes the largest department store in the US seem like a mom and pop operation. Patio furniture? CDs? TVs? Computers? Go to El Corte Ingles. Need a motorcycle? Drive it away from El Corte Ingles. How about a tanning bed? No prob. El Corte Ingles has it for you.

El Corte Ingles in Spain
    • Women's Travel

El Fontan: Open Air Market in Oviedo

by asturnut Updated Jan 1, 2003

In Oviedo they have an open air market on Thursday and Sunday from 10 to 15:00. Everything under the sun is for sale, produce, jewlery, clothing and my favorite-- flowers! It's a really fun place to kill a couple hours wandering around.

El fontan

Calle Uria shopping district

by asturnut Written Oct 22, 2002

If you want to shop at exclusive boutiques and stores, calle Uria is the place to go in Oviedo. It is also where el Corte Ingles is located. I encourage you to support local merchants... Also somewhere on calle Uria is the most amazing ice-cream (helados) stand in the universe. They have all kinds of flavors we don't have in the US. One of my favorites was green apple- it wasn't sherbet, it was ice-cream and positively delicious. One of the wierdest flavors they had was Cabrales, which is a Asturien blue cheese. I think it was just an experiment, because it was really gross, but this was the exception. If you can find it, stop and have a dip or two!

El Corte Ingles: If you are a mall kind of person this is for you

by asturnut Written Oct 21, 2002

Well, I would encourage you to avoid department stores anywhere you go. I think you should support local businesses. But as far as department stores go, Corte Ingles is a really good one. Really huge and beautiful, reasonably priced with everything under the sun. Quality merchandise too.

What to buy: Everything and anything

What to pay: About average

Instant Answers: Oviedo

Comments

Oviedo Shopping

Reviews and photos of Oviedo shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oviedo sightseeing.