Related Ibiza Favorites Tips

• Filipino couple I met who owned restaurant @ Ibiza
    Filipino couple I met who owned...
  • Favorites
  • Favorites

Most Viewed Favorites in Ibiza

• solopes's Profile Photo

Don't Imitate Us

by solopes Updated Jan 13, 2014

Favorite thing: Ibiza is really beautiful and must be an excellent place for vacations. We just passed there in our way to Mallorca, and what we saw made us decide that the second trip to the Balearic Islands would be to Ibiza.

Wrong!

My second time in the islands was again in Mallorca, so I correct the decision: My third time in the Islands will be in Ibiza.

• Beaches

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Enjoy the local food in IBIZA!

by jumpingnorman Updated Mar 14, 2013

Favorite thing: What to eat in Ibiza
    You will find a lot of restaurants in Ibiza and I opted for one of the many restaurants found close to the marina of Santa Eularia (C de San Vincent). They have rice dishes called Arros de Matances which has pork, vegetable stews called “cuinat” made usually during the Lent season, sauteed meats (sofrit pages), several kinds of sausages (sobrasada and botifarra) and for fish lovers, they have a casserole with potatoes mixed with grouper, roja, or rascasses.
    I do not drink alcohol but I did see that they do prmote the Hierbas ibicencas which is liquer made from aniseed and some local plants. They also of course have the local Ibizan wine and palo (bitter aperitif) and the frigola.
    But I do like dessert! Pastries sprinkled with sugar make my day like the orellettes. They have also the pastry called greixonera for those craving for sugar. Mint cheese cake is called flao and macaroos de San Joan is a macaroni dessert boiled in milk and mixed with cinammon and what else…sugar.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

I made a video of my short visit to Ibiza!
    Hope you like this video:

JUMPING NORMAN IN IBIZA, SPAIN!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Miscellaneous Tips

by Donna_in_India Written Aug 30, 2007

Favorite thing: Meeting New People and Seeing New Places

These tips are based on my last 8 weeks of traveling in Europe/Africa:

1. Buy/pre-order as many museum/attraction tickets online as you can.
    2. Ask the taxi fare before taking off in a taxi, especially if it’s late at night or coming from an airport.
    3. Charge your camera batteries every night.
    4. If you have a Eurail pass and need to make reservation make them in Europe. It’s a lot less expensive.
    5. If you’re climbing a few hundred steps up a tower, monument, etc. go only a clear, sunny day.
    6. Learn at least Hello, Thank you, and Goodbye in the foreign language of the countries you are visiting.
    7. Turn your cell phones off inside churches, museums, etc. If it rings and you must take the call, do it outside!
    8. If there’s a running commentary (live or recorded), be polite and be quiet.
    9. Dress appropriately and be respectful in churches.
    10. If you’re traveling with children, don’t let them disrupt others around you. If they cry or throw a tantrum, take them outside.
    11. If you have a complaint, do it reasonably without yelling and cursing.
    12. Regarding pictures:
    a. If there are signs saying “No pictures”, don’t take pictures! There’s a reason for the signs. Do you really, really need that picture of Mona Lisa to prove you’ve seen it?
    b. Learn how to use your camera before the trip. If there are signs saying “No flash”, make sure you know how to use the camera without it.
    c. If you see a couple or family with one person taking pictures of the other(s), offer to take a picture of both/all of them. Maybe they’ll reciprocate.
    13. Check local holidays. Since many museums and stores will be closed, you’ll need to have other plans for the day. (Most stores throughout much of Europe are closed on Sunday.)
    14. Don’t try to do too much. Leave some open time to just explore.
    15. You’re on vacation so relax and have a good time!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Ibiza is well known for its................

by freya_heaven Updated Feb 11, 2005

Favorite thing: Ibiza is well known for its nightlife. Excellent place to visit, if this is what you are after. Sadly I didnt really see any on the interiour of the Island. We usually crawled in the bed at 6am & at the very least then slept the morning away.

This is not the type of holiday I would choose to have now. But at 18 it was Excellent!

(~_~)

• TrueGemini's Profile Photo

Ibiza summer

by TrueGemini Written Jan 13, 2005

Favorite thing: Ibiza was a great trip. It was my first time to Europe and most memorable. The nightlife was great. The clubs played the best music and featured DJ's that I only dreamed of seeing in the U.S.

The beaches were fun and decadant yet simple. The way of life here is easy going and the people are all friendly. I made friends from all over the world there.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory includes a girl from Germany and a girl from Hungary.....that is all I can say about that ;)

• Singles

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

geography

by ettenaj Updated Jun 20, 2004

Favorite thing: Ibiza is the third largest of the Balearic Islands, situated in the west Mediterranean Sea. Area 220 square miles slightly smaller than the Isle of Man or twice the size of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts.
    The climate is mild winters and dry, sunny summers.

Fondest memory: Ibicenco, the dialect the islanders speak among themselves, is a subdivision of the eastern branch of the Catalan language. It sounds rather like Portuguese. Its roots are Latin, and its vocabulary is spiced with Arabic ingredients.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Another World heritage in spain

by Carmela71 Written Jun 15, 2004

Favorite thing: The World Heritage Committee inscribed Ibiza on the World Heritage List in 1999.

Everyday Spain surprises me with the amount of places protected or selected as universal patrimony.

Last week was Ubeda and now Ibiza …

And people still wonder why Spain is a top tourist destination, when we can offer culture, architecture, nightlife, excellent food, good beaches, great weather …… and I am sure I am forgetting something LOL

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Ibiza Mail

by Jmill42 Updated Mar 29, 2004

Favorite thing: To say the least, I was amazed at the price it cost to send home a package of souvenirs and other Ibiza material. Except, I was PLEASANTLY surprised! It was just over 30 Euro to send by Spanish mail a package of over 2 kilos! Compared with other prices I paid along the way, this was amazingly cheap. Especially when you think about it being an island, not on the mainland. This was also via the certified mail route.

At least something on Ibiza was cheap!

Fondest memory: Correos y Telegrafos
    Sant Antoni de Portmany

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

My First Moments in Ibiza

by Jmill42 Written Mar 6, 2004

Favorite thing: After boarding my flight to Ibiza from Barcelona, I was about to spontaneously combust with excitement. I had no idea what I was getting in to, nor did I know if my friend Omer was going to show up. Thankfully he did, so it turned out that I had a party companion.

But, before he got there the folowwing day, I arrived. As we flew over the blue waters and slowly decended towards the White Isle, my anticipation grew even stronger.

After, I exited and saw this sign, I knew I had arrived at the greatest party on Earth.

What followed... well... the funest days of my life!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

Fountains

by ettenaj Written Nov 14, 2004

Favorite thing: We came across many unusual fountains whilst traveling around Ibiza, this one was depicting Global Peace ( we think )
    Very pretty, like a wall of water on each side of the sculpture.

Ibiza Hotels

Latest: Jan 27, 2014
Apartments Marvell
Latest: Feb 11, 2014

Instant Answers: Ibiza

Comments

Ibiza Favorites

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Ibiza locals.
Map of Ibiza