Amnesia (Club), Ibiza

Know about this? Rate It!

Great atmosphere at Amnesia
  • jrs1985's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): Amnesia

by jrs1985 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Amnesia
    Amnesia was one of the first clubs of Ibiza, open since the 1970's. It was a hang-out for hippies during its first years but later progressed to a real night club during the 1980's; this is when it became the party spot it is now known for. Up until recent noise restrictions laws, the club was actually open air. There was no covering so you could be at one with the night. The terrace is a popular place where things are a bit mellower among a garden of palm trees. Oh yeah, look at for the dry ice machine shooting out cold air through the floor vents!
    More Ibiza Information at MyIbiza

Price: 20-30 Euro on a regular night: 30-50 Euro on big events

Parties:

Monday: Cocoon - Harder house and techno brought to you on Mondays. Headliner is Sven Väth.

Tuesday: Armada - Bringing some of the best trance from the best DJs on the planet.

Wednesday: Foam (Espuma) party - La Troya kicks it off bringing you funky sounds to dance to. The foam is amazing and can get head high, definitely a must see!

Thursday: Cream - Thursday night brings one of the biggest events in Ibiza. Cream is known for bringing in some of the best DJs from around the globe to spin just for YOU!

Friday: Made in Italy - Kickin' it Italian style.

Saturday: People from Ibiza - Locals hit the decks to spin sweet melodies from those that know the island the best.

Sunday: Foam Party - Another night of foam to indulge yourself in!

Dress Code: Dress Nicely, you'll be fine

Amnesia Ibiza Cocoon at Amnesia Cream at Amnesia Amnesia Ibiza
    • Study Abroad

• cceber's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): Foam Party Fun

by cceber Written Jan 27, 2009

This is something you must do at least once! The club is a little in the middle of nowhere and it was freezing leaving the club all wet from foam...so it's best to make sure you have a way to get home rather than waiting out on the street with all the other people trying to hitch a ride.

Dress Code: Hot but something you don't mind getting wet

• Beaches
    • Women's Travel

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): Great clubbing experience with famous DJs

by glamourprincess Written Jul 9, 2008

Amnesia calls itself the best global club. I think its right. Its definitely one of the best clubs I've been to. Compared to Privilege the venue is beautiful. Privilege is just like a warehouse, but Amnesia has stone walls and it looks like you've entered a temple or a tomb or something. They also have dancers (mostly girls, but I also saw one guy and a drag queen). There are two large rooms. I went at an Armada event with Armin Van Buuren and Marco V. The trance room was full and crowded, the house room with Seb Fontaine and more was almost empty.
    There was a light show as well which was very cool. It gets hot in Amnesia as well as most guests dance for hours, but not as hot and sweaty as Privilege. There are also ice cannons that blasts cold air now and then. They didn't help that much for me, but might be refreshing for those on the main floor.

Amnesia is situated on the road between San Antonio and Ibiza town, in San Rafael. Its an odd location, in the middle of nowhere, but its easy to get there by bus or taxi (a 10 min drive from Ibiza town). There are supposed to be a free shuttle between Ibiza town and San Antonio and Amnesia, but we saw none of it! The disco bus (the local bus) stops right outside Amnesia every hour or so. It's 2,20 euro. There were also a lot of taxis outside when we left the club, so the taxis are expecting "us".. It might be hard to get a taxi at the events end when everyones going home though, especially at the peak season in august.. but I haven't experienced it myself so hopefully it's not a big problem! Just leave before everyone else does!

Dress Code: No dresscode that I know of, guests wore t-shirts/shirts and shorts (boys) and bikinis/tops/mini skirts/shorts/dress (girls).

Great atmosphere at Amnesia
    • School Holidays

• joel_europa's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): A Night of Soulful House

by joel_europa Written Sep 12, 2005

My night at Club Amnesia was wonderful. I was able to be in a nice club with a good sound system, a really cool air system the cooled the room and created a sound that coincided with the music; plus, I was able to see my favorite DJ, Little Louie Vega with special guest Barbara Tucker doing vocals. Club Amnesia is large enough to fit the big names it brings and I had no problems dancing all night with the large crowds that were besides me. I had great time, and it seemed the people in the other room enjoyed the foam. I swear it looked like a car wash in the room with foam.

Dress Code: I guess there is no dress code, because I had no problems with my clothing. I some Dolce & Gabbana sneakers, Jeans, and a logo t-shirt.

• pourparafor's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): trance plays here

by pourparafor Updated Sep 6, 2005

I had two great nights here " Cream" with Tiesto and Paul Oakenfold and "Armada" with the great Armin van Buuren in 2005. The podium dancers alone are worth the price of admission. I was blinded a few times by the dry ice cannon.

• Merry_Prankster's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): Room to rave

by Merry_Prankster Written May 29, 2004

Before Amnesia's roof was enclosed, the music pumped through the night deep into the Island's centre. However, the sunrise can still be felt through its sky lights as the Monday morning (early 6am morning foam party) kicks into gear. Following a Sunday night elsewhere (the 12 - 6am dance "Gorgeous" is Gay only). Amnesia's foam party is a necessary part of the Ibiza experience.

Dress Code: The foam rises to throat level thus wear flip flops or water proof sneakers (but wear feat protection of some sort), loose shorts and bikinis for the women, and bring towels in the trunk of the car or your night's carry bag.

let the foam begin

Amnesia (Club): Foam Party Nights

by Jmill42 Written Mar 5, 2004

I specifically chose not to go to Amnesia on this night. I have experienced a foam party before and didn't exactly have the greatest time. Plus, I wanted to see Timo Maas at Pacha that night, and wouldn't have given that up for anything. So, I missed what they call the Espuma Party at Amnesia! The foam party was born here at this club, years ago. It is the original "come and take a bath while you party because you have been partying for 8 days and you need one" place of soap worship.

Dress Code: Don't wear your Sunday best!!!

Borrowed picture from the net

Amnesia (Club): My First Night at Amnesia

by Jmill42 Updated Mar 4, 2004

OK, my first night in Ibiza. Who is playing? Oh yeah, one of my favorite DJs Paul Oakenfold. I really liked him back in the day, with his album Tranceport. He had a few OK albums after that, but his newest one, Great Wall is absolutely awesome!! So, I headed out to see him for the Cream Party at Amnesia. To say the least, I had a wicked good time. I met a few guys from the States and we partied the whole night with various people, places, and things. All in all, it was a killer night, and one that I will never forget.

Amnesia is a massive club (not on the order of Privilege), that holds about 10,000 people or so. Yeah, 10,000. Needless to say, it can get a bit crowded, but no one really cares, do they? It has 2 rooms. One where the main DJ headliners play, to the right when you walk in. And, another room with various kinds of dance music.

Dress Code: Clubwear. Pacha is a bit more upscale, and Privilege is a fashion free-for-all. Amnesia is in the middle of these two.

The Calm Before the Storm...

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): Amnesia and Cream Number 2!!!

by Jmill42 Written Mar 4, 2004

Oh yeah, I came back for more a week later. Cream put on another ridiculous show with my favorite and second favorite Djs... on the same night!!!!! Did I mention that it was also my last night on Ibiza? Yes, it was indeed the time for a blowout party like no other! First, no one gets to the clubs before 1 Am, I got there at midnight because I was so pumped for this last night. I was able to get an early start on the festivities and was so ready when Tiesto came on at 2 AM that i thought I might explode!! His set was one of the best I have ever heard in person, and I was about as tired as I could possibly be at the end. But then.... Oh yeah, my favorite Dj came on next. Paul Van Dyk rocked the house with his typically perfect mixing and perfect song selection. He made me forget about Tiesto's set and the last song that was played is now my anthem.

It is the anthem of my trip to Ibiza, my trip to Europe, my trip in general; it is the perfect title for this period in my life

Time of Our Lives

Inside Cream's Amnesia Night!!!

• blos's Profile Photo

If it's thrillseeking you're...

by blos Written Sep 10, 2002

If it's thrillseeking you're after and If you've never been to a foam party in your life
    the 'Espuma' night at Amnesia is the original and best!
    You'll end up soaked and tired when they let you out in the morning and a long taxi ride back to civilisation, but it's outstanding fun

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Amnesia (Club): Amnesia Foam party - Sunday night

by Oana_bic Written Sep 15, 2005

Mad and great night with foam - as u could see..

Dress Code: ideally bring towels and another warm outfit for the morning after.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

Amnesia: Amnesia

by Beach_dog Updated Dec 21, 2002

Another very large club, the best night is Tuesdays with the 'Ministry of Sound' Party. Drinks and entrance are expensive as with all the large clubs.

Dress Code: Smart