Ibiza Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Ibiza

• Supertalya's Profile Photo

Scuba diving off Es Vedra

by Supertalya Written Jan 20, 2006

I am an avid scuba diver and am always looking for new places to dive. My travel partner and I were walking along the beaches and noticed few dives shops along the coast. We decided to look into it and found not only are there places to dive in Ibiza but most of the dive shops have an international staff that speak many different languages. We went to Es Vedra, a large rock formation on the southwest coast of Ibiza. There is some local folklore about the rock having some kind of powers. We saw so many amazing fish, eels, and 2 very large octopi. The shop required for us to wear 5-6mm, the water didn't seem that cold to me, but I am not the best person at converting temperatures in my head.

Equipment: For the Americans that plan on going, bring your own gear along or get comfortable with the metric system. Most people don't need to be told this, but it competely slipped my mind when I was trying to remember that 60 feet is how many meters. I will NEVER forget to bring my own gear to Europe again.

• joel_europa's Profile Photo

Paragliding Over San Antonio Bay

by joel_europa Written Sep 12, 2005

There are so many activities to choose from in Ibiza. You name, and you’ll find it. My friends and I decided to go Paragliding, which was really cool. We took off in a fast boat that took us out into the San Antonio Bay, and then we got onto our parachute and we went out into the air. All three of us got onto the parachute, which made things fun. I really enjoyed it. I was able to see all of San Antonio and many of the neighboring islands. You must try it.

Equipment: Bring comfortable shorts.

• davidlop's Profile Photo

Confortably scuba diving in Ibiza

by davidlop Written Mar 31, 2005

Beach and sport!

This is a just refurbished facility, spacious, situated just in front of the sea, on the shore, with lots of additional services and wonderful details, like a big grass garden where you can lay after the hard work, a snack and refreshment facility, a couple of beach restaurants just beside, plus some other water sports, like windsurf, etc. Not to forget, their staff is professional and good on their job, not to mention they're kind and friendly, you'll probably end your day having lunch with them... :-)
    Seas around are great, with lots of life (being on the Mediterranean sea) and amazing spots you will remember for a long time!

Equipment: They rent everything, just bring your own equipment if you get it, and your certifications... or have an initiation course there!

• Sailing and Boating
    • Kayaking

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Nude Snorkeling

by freya_heaven Updated Feb 11, 2005

Helen off  Snorkeling

The waters were very clear, so Helen & I decided to try our hand at snorkeling.

Once we had got our confidence off we went around the next headland, only to find ourselves on a NUDIST beach!

T'was very amusing, shame we didnt have a camera though.

(~_~)

Equipment: Snorkel & mask, bought at the beach shop

• Beaches

• alvis's Profile Photo

Pedalos

by alvis Updated Jan 9, 2005
    pedalos

Not the most exciting sport but gives u a bit of excerise after a night out and good to relax on the sea. Can rent them all over the islands beaches take it out real far and go for a swim. Remember you have to return to the beach so don't use all your energy going out.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches

Rodeo Drive

by ettenaj Written Nov 14, 2004

Me doing Rodeo

What was I saying about the kids having fun at the arcades, here I am trying ( and failing ) to ride the bronco bull. It looks surprisingly easy until you mount the thing, then it really makes a fool out of you but you are on holiday, so why not go for it!!

Jump to it

by ettenaj Written Nov 14, 2004

Jump to it

How to wear the kids out whilst on holiday???? just take them to this little amusement arcade so they can Jump for Joy!!! and tire themselves out. The grown up can have a drink and a snack whilst the kids enjoy themselves.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Snorkling

by Carmela71 Written Jun 15, 2004

Conta Beach

We regretted not taking the snorkel stuff to dive a little on the coast, specially when we saw conte beach….

But if you do not have them, do not worry, fishes come to the beach and swim along with you, it is a incredible experience

• Sol&Jo's Profile Photo

Cheap snorkling

by Sol&Jo Written Jun 19, 2003

Cala Bassa beach

A couple we met in Ibiza bought goggles for 3 euros each and went 'snorkling' at the Cala Bassa beach near San Antonio Bay. They told us that they were swimming with the fishes and that it was amazing. We were going to do this also, but the weather got cloudy and looked like it would rain, so we never got the chance to do it.

But, I would recommend it to anyone as it sounds like it would have been a great time.

Equipment: You can buy a pair of goggles or a mask and flippers at any souvenir store or corner store on the island.

• Sol&Jo's Profile Photo

Scooters

by Sol&Jo Written Jun 19, 2003

For only 25 euros a day, you can rent a scooter and travel the entire island. We rented one for a day and went to Las Salinas beach on the other side of the island from where we were staying. It was so much fun and a great way to see the island of Ibiza!

• alvis's Profile Photo

Bungy Ball

by alvis Written Jan 9, 2005

bungy ball

Sit in the ball cage and get catapulted up. Also get video recorded if your interested in buying a tape of the bungy. You'll find these around the island Playa D'en Bossa and San Antonio.

• Bungy Jumping
    • School Holidays
    • Theme Park Trips

Use the wind

by ettenaj Written Jun 20, 2004

take to the waves

Windsurfing, extremely popular on the island,equipment can be hired at "escuelas de windsurfing" this sport has more or less taken over the place of water skiing, which is rarely practiced now.

Instant Answers: Ibiza

Comments

Ibiza Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Ibiza sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ibiza sightseeing.