Platja des Figueral, Ibiza

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Platja de ses Figueretes

by mindcrime Written Jul 22, 2012

paseig de ses Pitiuses

Ok, the island has many beaches but this was just 5’ walk away from our hotel through a nice path (pic 1) called paseig de ses Pitiuses. There were also some nice cafes and pictures restaurant along the way(pic 2).

The beach was pretty busy, has all the basic usual facilities like loungers, parasols, showers etc We enjoyed swimming though especially some evenings that we didnt want to go far...

The beach is also a stop for the aguabus(pic 4) that will take you to other beaches.

• Beaches

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Playa de Figueretas

by Oana_bic Written Sep 15, 2005

This is the only beach that can really claim to be in Ibiza town as the rest of the coastline is the port. It's not huge and fills up quickly when it's hot so many people are forced by 'towel laying' space to walk around the corner to Playa d'en Bossa.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Platja des Figueral and Fueling Station

by Jmill42 Written Mar 4, 2004

Figueral

I just wanted to give a shot of the actual beach and give a story about the adventure me and Omer had getting back from this place.

We had rented a small little "bubble car," meant to give us great gas mileage. But, with me driving like I was on the final lap of a Formula One race getting up to the northside of the island, lets just say that we were running a little low. So, we arrive at a gas station on fumes. I tell Omer to fill it up, while I go in to pay and get some snacks. I finally notice that Omer is having problems about 2 minutes later, and go outside to see what the deal is. He couldn't get the gas lid open. So, I say, there must be a little pull thin by the driver's side. Nope, I check there. We then proceed to scour the entire car looking for the release switch for the gas lid. We search it twice! By then, cars are starting to line up, but only a few. We then try to muscle the damn thing open, which proved as fruitless as try to find the switch. By now, we are pretty pissed about the idea that 2 people can't open a gas lid, AND the fact that the rental place wouldn't have "enlightened" us about this. Finally, I got the keys and pryed the damn thing open... at which point we noticed it was a locking gas cap. By now, there are at least 5 cars waiting on us. But, no honks yet! We, obviously think that we should be able to use the SINGLE key givent o us by the rental agency to open the cap. Well, that would have worked had the cap not been broken. It just spun and spun and spun. At this point (10 minutes into this thing), we start laughing our asses off. And, we couldn't stop. This was the point the people started honking their horns at us. And rightfully so, at one point I literally was on the ground laughing. We finally figured out that if you held the cap with your fingers and THEN turned the key it worked. We finally got our gas, and got the hell out of there before we got shot. I still laugh at the image of two grown people spending 20 minutes filling up a gas tank....

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Platja des Figueral

by Jmill42 Written Mar 4, 2004

J getting ready for the jump!!!

Platja des Figueral was my favorite beach on the whole of the island. What made it so great is that they have a big rock out about 100 meters away from the shore that you can cliffdive from. That by itself would have made it my favorite. But, it also had great sand, a cool little bar, and lots of partiers there. It made for a super-good time in between the clubbing.

Instant Answers: Ibiza