Food & Drinks, Majorca Island

Know about this? Rate It!

Cannabis Absinthe
    by henrymyles
  • henrymyles's Profile Photo

Anywhere: Majorca's Alcohol

by henrymyles Written Oct 30, 2011

Cannabis Absinthe

When I am on holiday I like to try new things, such as alcohol - Majorca has many unique drinks to try which are readily available in most supermarkets and bars.

One of them has to be Tunel's herbal drink which comes in sweet, medium dry and dry - it is made of herbs and predominantly anise giving it an acquired taste but is still worth a try.

A couple of other special items that can be bought in Majorca are a range of fruit liqueurs, brandy, whiskey and of course novelty bottles of Sangria.

I personally would avoid the latter in supermarkets due to its poor taste and the fact it has been sat on a shelf for what could be a long time. However, the others in miniature form are great little gifts that can be taken home.

The final alcoholic beverage that I found was unbelievable - 80% Absinthe Cannabis - now I didn't try, nor did I bring it home but it was on offer at a supermarket along with Cannabis plant seeds.

I guess in some aspects this helps Majorca live up to its title of a party island.

What to buy: Anything that is locally made such as Tunel's local tipples.

What to pay: Miniatures are rather cheap - expect to pay a few euros for a good bottle.

Instant Answers: Majorca Island

Comments

View all Majorca Island hotels