Minorca Island Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Minorca Island

• kevin36's Profile Photo

"Car Hire"

by kevin36 Updated Aug 3, 2008

I hired a car through Suncars (first Choice) which in turn arranged a car with Avis, No fault of Suncars or First Choice,However the car was supposed to be delivered and after waiting 30mins beyond the agreed time, the Hotel phoned Avis on my behalf and they sent someone to pick me up to go to the Avis office to do the paperwork, not the best of starts, the office was packed and I spent most of the morning at their office.
    However what was a bit of a shock was the Insurance! €117.54 for full cover for 6days they call it Special Cover (your not kidding) anyway its a bit of a dilemma,if you don't take out the extra insurance and scratch the car or someone dents your door it could end up being very expensive as the normal excess is in the region of €500.
    I'm not surprised about the extra insurance it seems common policy but €117.54 is expensive,I be will writing to Sun Cars and First Choice as I think they should know what the excess is so they can tell their customers before they arrive.

Hire Car Hire Car

• kevin36's Profile Photo

Liquids

by kevin36 Updated Jul 27, 2008

We had decided before leaving the U.K. that we would put the Wash bag in a rucksack to save on weight!.
    On the way out from Stansted Airport we were stopped and all forms of Liquid confiscated (our fault),Sun tan lotion etc,as you know its not cheap to replace.
    However you can buy it again at the shop in the Airport as long as its kept in the sealed clear bag.
    So any liquids put them in your case.
    Secondly we were overweight at check in and ended up paying £48 for 7KG excess weight, if you think you are going to be overweight, far better to let the travel agent know you want an increase in weight allowance,I think we were quoted £25 for extra 5Kg allowance when booking however we declined,so again our fault.
    Coming back from Menorca with another extra KG or two we were not charged at all so were Lucky,I guess its the luck of the draw.
    I think I would rather pay an extra £25 at the time of booking.

Holiday Time

• Jean-Noel's Profile Photo

Jelly fish

by Jean-Noel Updated Mar 20, 2006

I was in Menorca during the summer of 2005. Really beatifull but a lot of crowded beaches and jelly fishes, they were mostly in the North of the island, especially when it was windy. Not mortal of course (they were rather small) but unnoying. I don't know if you can find them the whole year but when they are out there the news spreads amongst the visitors so you'll probebly pick it up. The water is cristal clear and it's one of the less polluated regions of the Balearics. Don't miss Ciutadella!

• maritagnes's Profile Photo

Picking the closest beach...

by maritagnes Written Jun 1, 2004

If you don't prefer your beach looking like these, there are close to 140 other beaches to choose from on Menorca. This is a view from the nearest beach to our hotel in Cala'n Bosch - the Platja Son Xoriguer, and obviously where "everybody" chose to spend their day on the beach.

• Cala en Porter

by cwningen Written Nov 29, 2006

The resort is totally geared towards Brits. If karaoke and all day English breakfasts are your thing then this is the resort for you!

Instant Answers: Minorca Island

Comments

Minorca Island Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Minorca Island warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Minorca Island sightseeing.

View all Minorca Island hotels