Ca'n Pedro, Palma de Mallorca

by sannabanana
  • Ca'n Pedro
    by sannabanana
  • Senoritasmile's Profile Photo

Ca'n Pedro: Mallorcan cuisine at its best!

by Senoritasmile Written Mar 14, 2006

A family run institution which has two big, buzzing restaurants in the small town of Genova, a short taxi ride from the centre of Palma.

This is a must visit restaurant. Rustic ambience where you can enjoy well-cooked local dishes. Renowned for their 'Pa amb oli', (toasted bread which you rub with cloves of garlic and small, viine tomatoes and sprinkle with salt) and their huge bowls of snails in a peppery 'broth'.

This is mainly a grilled meat restaurant although their are a few fish choices available too.

Favorite Dish: Cochinillo - suckling pig
    Lomo con Col - pork fillet topped with pate, pine nuts and raisins and wrapped in young cabbage leaves

• sannabanana's Profile Photo

Ca'n Pedro: Ca'n Pedro

by sannabanana Written Aug 25, 2002

We were quite a scene in this restaurant, and gathered puzzled looks from people. Two pale girls to come eat snails is probably not what is expected... The service was really friendly, though, and we got complimentary drinks for dessert. Even though the lemon liqoeur didn't really please our taste buds!

Favorite Dish: Snails!! A large portion of snails (as tapas) only cost about 1000pts, a lot cheaper than you would ever get in a restaurant at home. Too bad they weren't marinated in garlic... that would've been perfect!!
    For my main course I had a selection of grilled meat, although it wasn't all that special, it was nice to watch the chef prepare the meat on an open grill.

• sannabanana's Profile Photo

sannabanana's Restaurant Tip

by sannabanana Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite Dish: The snails at C'an Pedro!!

I just love it that they always put a slice of lemon in your coke!! Don't you??

It reminds me of the times I used to go on holidays to Greece with my parents when I was young, and my nutrition on those holidays mostly consisted of:

1. coca-cola with a slice of lemon

2. battered calamari rings (and lemon)

3. Spaghetti bolognaise

4. Natural yoghurt with honey

5. lots and lots of ice cream!!!

I guess it's obvious I love food in all form...
    hee hee. good thing I work in a restaurant!!! (or not)

Instant Answers: Palma de Mallorca

Comments

View all Palma de Mallorca hotels