Elorrio Travel Guide

The pause that refreshes
    La Muralla
    by garridogal
    A not so sad canal runs through it

Elorrio Things to Do

Palacio de Esteibar-Arauna 3 more images

by garridogal Updated Sep 3, 2011

At the Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) on the Plaza de Gernikaka Arbola you can find a map of the palaces in Elorrio. You can also follow the marked foot path as a guide to them. I don't know why I didn't take a photo of the foot path markers. Sorry!

My friends were searching for the palace of their Basque ancestors, the Araunas. We found it!

• Photography
    • Architecture

Como se dice

by garridogal Updated Jan 15, 2011

I think that there's a festival every weekend at least somewhere in Spain during the warmer months.

There was a beer festival going on the weekend we stayed in Laredo. Apparently in Elorrio too. Hmm..... maybe that's why I was craving one?

• Beer Tasting

Is there a fight going on in front of it? 2 more images

by garridogal Written Jan 15, 2011

This beautiful doorway is a leftover bit of a wall that used to protect Elorrio. Don't you just love finding a bit of history left to stand among the newer development of society?

I knew you did.

• Architecture
    • Photography

Elorrio Restaurants

The pause that refreshes 1 more image

by garridogal Updated Jan 15, 2011

The sun came out as we approached Elorrio and the temperatures soared up. It may have been October but the weather could easily have been that of a summer's day. We three explorers needed to refuel!

Personally, I needed a beer. And I hardly ever drink beer! In Spain, I was all about red wine but when we parked ourselves here I had a hankering for beer and potato chips.

• Beer Tasting

Elorrio Favorites

Que? 1 more image

by garridogal Written Sep 3, 2011

Favorite thing: Driving around the Basque country I was very thankful that everywhere we went we heard good old fashioned Castillian (Spanish) being spoken. As you can see by this street sign, it looks rather intimidating!

Si.

by garridogal Written Jan 15, 2011

Favorite thing: Well, we all know that the Basque country has been involved an extended attempt to secede from Spain. We didn't see any evidence of any insurgencies or sense any danger.

However, I did see this sign and can only assume that it's political in nature.

• Elorrio Hotels

0 Hotels in Elorrio

Instant Answers: Elorrio

Comments

Elorrio Travel Guide
Map of Elorrio