Guernica y Luno Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Guernica y Luno

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Parking your car.

by pfsmalo Written Aug 9, 2012

Favorite thing: Nearly got caught out here and almost paid a fine. In Guernica you can only park in one place for 2 hours and cannot use the same machine, even if you move the car. When I tried to repay for another 2 hours with my credit card, the machine kept telling me "NO" but without a reason. Let me warn you that the traffic wardens do not respect the siesta break, as when I got back to the car after trying to get a new ticket, the warden was there and had started eyeing up the car. She told me she had given me a few more minutes as it was a foreign car, so be warned.

• timtregenza's Profile Photo

A Basque Pilgrimage

by timtregenza Written Jun 16, 2005

Favorite thing: Gernika is a place of pilgrimage for the Basques, being the seat of power (under the oak tree) of the independent Basque Country.

This is why during the civil war it was targetted for destruction. The disputes over this action still rumble on.

In truth, it is not like some other places where you can wander around exploring. The town is largely modern and uninspiring.

Instant Answers: Guernica y Luno

Comments

Guernica y Luno Favorites

Reviews and photos of Guernica y Luno favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guernica y Luno sightseeing.

View all Guernica y Luno hotels