Irùn Travel Guide

by alectrevor

Irùn Things to Do

France over river Bidasoa. 2 more images

by alectrevor Updated Mar 3, 2014

Hondarribia is in Spain on the other side of the river is Hendaye France. Hondarrbia is Basque for Sand Ford. In Spanish Fuenterrabia In French Fontarrabie No wonder with all those names not many knew where it was when I asked.

by alectrevor Written Mar 2, 2014

This a lovely old town 10 minutes on a bus from Irun. Bus from Irun main Street ,direction of rail station fare 1 euro 60 c.

• wildcanary's Profile Photo

by wildcanary Written Sep 30, 2002

The Basque country is the home of a truly ancient people. Try a get a look at jai alai, or the many other Basque ball games. One looks very much like American handball. I would not be surprised if our game somehow evolved from the many Basque immigrants to the USA.

Irùn Hotels

Irùn Restaurants

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo
    Tuna Salad

by Dymphna1 Written May 4, 2013

We stopped here for lunch while waiting for our train. We found that they had a good menu to chose from for a bar. I loved the wood trim in the place and it was well laid out. The waitress was patient with us and our lack of Spanish. Then when I walked out without my backpack, she spotted it and came out and returned it to us, I was very grateful.

Irùn Transportation

• alectrevor's Profile Photo
    Irun last station spain, Hendaye France 5 minutes.

by alectrevor Updated Mar 2, 2014

Irun / Hendaye is the end of my wonderful trip from Ferrol to Hendaye along the FEVE/EUSKOTREN narrow guage track trains. I started at FERROL ,stayed at RIBADEO, LUARCA, GIJON, RIBADESELLA, SANTANDER, BILBAO, IRUN, There are many nice places to stay along this coast, I suppose the trip could been done Hendaye to Ferrol ,Find out by website Euskotren and on RENFE site click FEVE. On the map the Euskotren is the red track.This train is slow, but that was my point of travelling so has to see the wonderful scenery, about 85% great. The fares are also cheap.

Instant Answers: Irùn

Comments

Irùn Travel Guide
Map of Irùn