The weather... this is what I really loved in Tenerife. Sun, 25+ degrees celsius in January all day long (and even at night - see picture), and very little wind. So much better than staying at home and suffer the Swiss winter.
Papas arrugadas are a local speciality of the Canary islands and their name means wrinkly potatoes - because when they are served they have "wrinkles". To create these wrinkles is quite simple: they take very small new potatoes and boiled them with their skins in very little water and lots of salt (originally seawater was used). Some people even baked them after having boiled them to "wrinkles"
These potatoes are usually served with two types of sauce:
- mojo verde (green mojo) made with olive oil, salt, vinegar, parsley and coriander
- mojo picòn (spicy mojo) made with olive oil, salt, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, cumin and chilli peppers
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus