Adeje Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Adeje

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

trattoria portofino: gloomy place but quite good food

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 5, 2011

On our last night we had thought to have a really nice dinner in one of the restaurants in in the mirador "shopping centre"... We wanted to eat outside but there was a really bad smell of sewage, so we decided to walk on... and found nothing to our taste until we reached trattoria portofino.

Favorite Dish: The location of the trattoria, to the side of the paris shopping centre and with no view at all, is very unlucky... but the food they serve you is quite good. We had pasta and pizza and found both dishes correct - the pizza in particular was pretty good. Friedly staff, too...

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

kamakura japanese restaurant: mix sushi= two sorts of fish

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 5, 2011

This Japanese restaurant is located inside the Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa... the night we wanted to eat there was fully booked and it took us a few days to find a night when they had a table for us, so because of this we had high expectations...

Favorite Dish: A total disappointment: I ordered a mix sushi and got 6 nigir with salmon and 6 with tuna. My husband ordered a mix sashimi and found out that mixed sashimi actually meant only 4 sorts of fish. From the Sheraton, we had expected a lot more.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

pizza, pasta e vino: italian owners - italian food

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 5, 2011

Every time we are in a new location, we go check out the local Sheraton hotel, just because hubby used to work there so many "ceturies" ago. While going there we spotted this Italian restaurant - recently opened and tucked away in a corner. We were not sure that we wanted to eat there. all those TV with large screens broadcasting football matches made us think of a british-run sort-of-italian restaurant - but when we heard the owners talk, we knew it was the rea stuff!

Favorite Dish: We tried several dishes: pasta, pizza and even grilled sandwiches... I must say that their pizza was very good. Do not order pizza with "italian" ham: cooked ham is really not edible in spain - try to go for one with jamon!!!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

celso: had the feeling we weren't welcome

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 5, 2011

One day, when we walked to La caleta, we stopped at this fish restaurant to have lunch: it looked really simple and seemed to be one of these places where locals go for excellent food. In fact, they have a menu in several languages and all the people eating there very tourists, while the men at the bar were possibly locals. This restaurant is open tue-sun 13.00-22.00.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant has a very long menu, which is misleading - since what they have depends on the catch of the day... hence most fish weren't unavailable. Still, the limited choice they had was very fresh but... when it was brought to us it was so overcooked that the fish had turned chewy.

Another thing we did not like was the attitude of the owner: very unfriendly and we had the feeling we were not welcome - I think because of our (well-behaved) baby: he seemed annoyed that we had not ordered anything for him (who was 10 months at the time and eating veggies cooked by mum).

exotica: gelateria artigianale italiana

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 3, 2011

This great simple place is located in one of the tiny establishments located along Playa de FaƱabe: it's run by friendly Italian people and serves delicious illy coffee an home-made ice-creams

Favorite Dish: The coffee - of course - is superb... but what really got me was the freshly-squeezed passion fruit juice... Really to die for.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Ricon de la Fuente: overlooking the bay, sea and the promenade

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 3, 2011

We stopped one night some days after new year's eve at this small cafe bar and sat outside, in comfortable armchairs near a little "fuente" (fountain). The location, along the promenade, is very scenic - and the place itself quite cosy.

Favorite Dish: Mhh hard to tell: what we had wanted to drink wasn ot available...twice! Officially it was because they had used up everything on new year's eve. We ended up having some sangria, a mango juice and a plate of very delicious ham.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

la farola del mar: very fresh fish and seafood

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 3, 2011

A great fish and seafood restaurant in a very touristy location and surrounded by other similar restaurants. The farola del mar lies near playa fanabe, at the farthest sided towards la caleta. Take a look at all the fish restaurants nearby: this is the one with the freshest fish.

Favorite Dish: We did not have much luck with our starter (a salmon tartar which had more onions than the actual fish) but the main course was superb. I don't remeber what fish we had (meaning: we ne ver really understood what we had ordered) and found it grilled to perfection... it was truly delicious and... huge.

Instant Answers: Adeje

Comments

Adeje Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Adeje restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Adeje sightseeing.