Isla de Gran Canaria Restaurants

Klöru bar.

Most Recent Restaurants in Isla de Gran Canaria

• CANALE GRANDE: DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT

by manuela1 Updated Mar 8, 2011

We had the unfortunate experience of being conned into paying over the odds in tax in a so called Italian restaurant named GRANDE CANALE in the Campo Internacional area. In Gran Canaria some eateries include a 5% tax into the bill and others do not and 5% is added on at the end. We had the misfortune to be dealt with by an imposing, pushy, bossy, big toothed waiter, who seemed to be gaining some kind of false sense of status and security by ordering his fellow waiters around and imposing his stupid pushiness onto us too with "i have to explain" some useless information you would give to an infant who didnt know their right arm from their left, and not a fellow human being who is a capable intelligent adult, who unfortunately this fool did not believe he was dealing with, because of his over inflated sense of self importance and possible hatred for his fellow human beings/patrons of the establishment where he works, who happen to be from another country. This fool took it upon himself to have to "explain" again that the computer was not working and that the bill was presented to us hand written with the correct amount that he patronisingly took the time to show us by adding each item we ordered and then at the end he simply wrote + % tax, with the total amount being about 9 euros more because of the tax hike. No actual amount of tax had been written on the bill, not 5% not any amount. So we paid it and left no tip, and only felt conned after the event and deduced that we had been overcharged on tax by 15% and not 5 which is what everyone else seemed to be charging. We didnt want to spoil our holiday at the start of it so didn't do anything about it, but while we were queuing at the departure gate yesterday I filled in a survey and mentioned this problem on it and even spoke to this government official about it when handing my survey back and asked her to look into it, I hope she does. I will also post as many reviews about this restaurant as I possibly can. Beware do not go to the Italian restaurant called GRANDE CANALE in CAMPO INTERNACIONAL next to the ravine.

• piglet44's Profile Photo

La Bruschetta: wonderful Paella

by piglet44 Written Dec 19, 2009

We had a wonderful seafood paella at this restaurant on the sea front in Puerto de Mogan. There are lots of different restaurants along this front, and all serve much the same menu.So just walk along and see which one you fancy.This one is actually Italian, (the waiter was Italian and I think it belongs to him and his brother.. ) They also have a sister restaurant along in the harbour and that one is called Clipper. anyway we had a really pleasant meal there gazing at the ocean.

Favorite Dish: seafood Paella

• kevin36's Profile Photo

Snaks

by kevin36 Updated Aug 31, 2009

We found this place in Maspalomas on the sea front not far from the Lighthouse, nothing really to shout about ,it was OK.
    However it was inexpensive and quick,service was good,but I ad the half of chicken and it was overcooked and tough,in fact almost burnt to a cinder.
    Maybe I just caught them at a bad time?.

Favorite Dish: It would have been Chicken! however I was disappointed,other meals that i saw looked good.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Restaurant Cosmos - Klörubar.: An Icelandic restaurant in Yumbo.

by Regina1965 Updated Jan 18, 2009

I at Kl��rubar.

Klörubar - Restaurant Cosmos is an Icelandic restaurant in Yumbo center, frequented by the many Icelanders visiting Gran Canaria in the winter time as well as other tourists. There is an Icelandic political meeting here on Saturdays at 11. An Icelandic lady, Klara, owns this restaurant and has been running it for many years. Icelanders turn to her with many questions and this restaurant has sometimes been called the Icelandic community center.

You can chose from Icelandic food or International food. The fish was lovely, big portions and everything up to par.

The restaurant is situated on the second floor in Yumbo center and is open from 11-23:30.

Favorite Dish: The Icelandic fish is very good.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Restaurante Cofradia: Perfect Seafood by the Portside

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jan 1, 2009

Bread, dips, and sangria.

This lovely local seafood restaurant is ideally situated in a quiet area on the pier, a short stroll from the yachting marina. We weren't planning to eat but when we stumbled upon the place accidentally we couldn't resist trying some little pickings.

We were having dinner back at the hotel, and so ordered two small starter dishes. The mussels marinere were served with a spicy tomato sauce, which was not what I expected moules marinere to be. That saying, they were fresh and large and succulent. The steam rose from the bowl as they were placed in front of us and they tasted every bit as good as they looked.

We also had a bowl of garlic prawns which were served Spanish style in oil with garlic and chillis.

A bowl of fresh crusty bread and a jug of sangria accompanied the meal and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We sat outside and soaked up the atmosphere. The little boats bobbed on the water beside us. As we watched, a local man fell from his boat into the water. He could swim and when he managed to swim after his soaking pack of cigarettes and climb from the water, he insisted on giving me a big wet hug because I had been laughing and taking pics of him in the water. It was really enjoyable.

Favorite Dish: We had only starters on this occasion, but it's the sort of place you'd go back to. Everything was local and fresh. The atmosphere is rustic Spanish style and very welcoming.

I don't recall exactly how much it cost, but I know it was very reasonable.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

La Oliva: Superb Fresh Tapas

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Dec 28, 2008

I have never been impressed by these so-called tapas restaurants where pre-prepared morsels of food sit on a bar counter behind glass for perhaps hours until someone succums to hunger and relieves them from their glazed prison.

I was therefore surprised and delighted to discover the "real thing" as I searched for a toilet just off Las Canteras beach. I took a seat while my Mother used the facilities, and I ordered a jug of sangria to pass the time.

I thought my eyees were deceiving me when I saw the blackboard offer five portions of tapas for €10. I simply had to order to see what it was about. I expected to be served five individual items, but instead I watched in amazement as dish after dish of exceptional freshly cooked food arrived to the table.

First of all there was the more or less de riguer dish of wrinkled baby Canarian potatoes with hot Mojo sauce. Muah! I can never resist these. A dish of freshly grilled baby green pepperadillos seasoned with sprinkles of sea salt was placed on the table at the same time. I had never had them served that way before and I must admit the combination of thesharp pepper taste combined with the saltiness of the seasoning was perfect.

After a couple of minutes three more dishes arrived - thinly sliced panfried beef, crisp calamare rings, and tiny sardines.

Everything was superb. I wandered into the interior (delightful to have been sitting outside at 9pm on a late December night) and it was typically old fashioned Canarian, but I could see that all dishes were being cooked to order and there was no food left hanging around.

Two other guests from our hotel walked past and we waved them in to join us - there was far too much food for two people. We sat and ate and mopped up tasty sauces with crusty fresh bread. We chatted and people watched and forgot the time.

With another large jug of sangria and some bread the total bill for everything was just €32.00.

Favorite Dish: This is the perfect place to sit and watch the world go by in typical local style and at prices just about anyone could afford.

• lomi's Profile Photo

Casa Enrique, Mogàn village: Best rural restaurante

by lomi Written Nov 10, 2008

This Canarian restaurant is located in the main thoroughfare through the village and some of the tables and chairs are on the pavement.

We ordered the tapas special for 18 euros.

We watched the chef in the kitchen prepare the tapas and he took great trouble over the presentation. It was served on a revolving mini-table and piled with lovely dishes of the day.

This would normally serve 4 people as a snack but we ordered it between two and found it very filling.

Staff very friendly and the waiter spoke excellent English.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed albondigas (meat balls), papas arugadas with mojo sauces, fish stew, pulpo salad (octopus), and gabanzos in sauce (chick peas).

The menu had a stream of fish, meat and pasta dishes available, but did seem more expensive than normal Canarian restaurants we're used to.

• neilward's Profile Photo

Ciao Ciao Pizzeria: Another splendid eaterie...

by neilward Written Aug 25, 2008

Cheers

Great staff,wonderful food,lovely cold Warsteiner.The restaurant is on the beach,and is a fantastic location for the sunset photos.

Favorite Dish: The hot garlic prawns,Calzone pizza and some lovely spahgetti,all were hot and very tasty.

• Birsen's Profile Photo

Restaurante Espetada - Playa del Ingles: Very good meat and fish

by Birsen Written Aug 3, 2008

Restaurante Espetada

If you are in the south of the island around Playa del Ingles or MasPalomas, this is a nice threat for you. We recently discovered this small family run restaurant on the internet while we were having a few day vacation in the south this summer. The restaurant is pretty small but beautifully decorated. It seems very busy, I recommend you to make reservation before you go. (They speak good English) Also because it is small it is a bit hot inside I say better to put very light clothing on. They have very good grilled meat and fish dishes and the side dish comes with plenty of grilled vegetables in my opinion if you are not a big eater you might not need a starter.

Favorite Dish: We had grilled meat and I had grilled Dorado fish. A bottle of wine and as a starter we had the mixed salad. So it was about 45 € inc. tip. The food was delicious and the service was a bit slow. Over all I would like to go back there for the fantastic meals :))

• Fusion Restaurant and Lounge: An oasis of Asian delights in Arguinequin

by astme Updated Jul 16, 2008

My spontaneous birthday cake!

My wife and I found Fusion early on in our five months stay on Gran Canaria. Fusion immediately became a favorite as the food was always fresh, well presented, and absolutely delicious. Living in a gastronomic paradise as we do in Santa Fe, New Mexico, we never expected to experience a rival to one of our favorite Asian fusion restaurants there, called JinJa's. Not only did Fusion surprise us, but it far surpassed our experiences elsewhere. Additional pluses included the ambiance of the corner restaurant with large, often open windows looking out to the bay of Arguinequin and the welcoming nature of its staff, especially the owner, David, and his wonderfully flamboyant and entertaining Thomas. I had a memorable birthday with 12 of my friends and family, most of whom experienced the joy of Fusion's offerings for the first of many times. Not only does Fusion offer you a world class experience in their menu delights, but it also is a welcome change to the often repetitious menus found throughout the southern coast. Their wine choices are the best we found on the island and they offer a generous amount in quality glassware. A must experience!

Favorite Dish: We tried the entire menu and many of their specials during our 5 month stay in Gran Canaria. Although you can be assured of enjoying everything they have to offer, our favorite was their Fusion Combo. The plate was generous and offered most of our top favorites including their Bang Bang chicken and Bang Bang fish, an amazing sample of their light, moist chicken and fish enveloped in an airy, herbal crust. The plate comes with two dipping sauces, one sweet and spicy, the other delicate and flavorful. Along with this came some Vietnamese spring rolls, Thai spring rolls, and their tasty chicken satay skewers. Save yourself for their desserts as they are a real delight.

• Birsen's Profile Photo

Bali: Indonesian food

by Birsen Written Jun 28, 2008

Direction map of the restaurant

If you stay in the south of the island and you like asian food I recommend this Endonesian restaurant. The food and service are very good and the price is reasonable for the quality.

Favorite Dish: Starters:
    Coctail with 1000 Island dressing

Main dishes:
    Sate Oedang or Bebek Bali
    Lontung Bali

• MARIPILI's Profile Photo

Meridiano: Nice mediterranean food¡¡

by MARIPILI Updated Apr 18, 2007

Nice mediterranean food. Pizzas,salads,pasta meat, fish...desérts. Nice restaurant ambience. Nice service....

Favorite Dish: Pizza meridiano or vegetarian.6,90 to 7,40 euros.
    Golosina de la casa; cheesee, pepper,baby onions, chorizo, all marinated in wine and vinegar.7,20 euros.
    Ensalada Meridiano;buffala cheese,tuna,salmon,papaya,corn,crab,tomato,lettuce.7,40 euros
    Delicia de pulpo;Octopus carpaccio,tomate,olives.7,50 euros
    All meats and fish dishes.From 8,50 to 12,80 euros
    Profitteroles. 3.50 euros

• MARIPILI's Profile Photo

Casa Malasia: Malasia cooking in Gran Canaria

by MARIPILI Written Apr 18, 2007

That´s the only Malasian restaurant in Gran Canaria. Situated in La Minilla district in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Nice ambience of malasian handmade objects and pictures.They sell some of them.

Favorite Dish: my favorites;
    *special starters;12 diferent little pieces of malasian food.9,20 euros
    *Arroz con coco;rice with coconut flavor, spice sausage and cucumber.2,50 euros
    *Calamares fritos estilo malayo;malasian style fried squid.8,70 euros
    *Pan malayo;malasian bread ummmm¡¡delicious¡;1´50 euros
    Good service by Elena and his husband.

• Beaches

• neilward's Profile Photo

Bucanero Melonaras: Great food

by neilward Written Apr 1, 2007

Gorgeous Tuna steak....

Maria had the Tuna steak,which was gorgeous,I had a fillet steak,but by the time i remembered my camera ...it had gone !!!!

Favorite Dish: My starter was a bed of garlic prawns cooked in a hot garlic mushroom sauce .....

• El Novillo Precoz: Best steak ever!

by allinone Written Feb 10, 2007

Evoking bygone times of Tango and Co.

Proper Uruguayan restaurant in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The place has been going for decades and gets really busy, with many regulars, the odd tourist :-) and apparently the rich and the famous as well. You wouldn't probably enter by chance, because the street front doesn't really look like a restaurant (white curtains, fully drawn close). DONT go if you are a Vegetarian. DO go to experience an amazing choice of the best cuts from South American beef - presented by real experts with impeccable service skills and a touch of old-fashioned formality. Not a regular beef eater myself, I learnt that once you make the basic choice (selection of either "lean" or "with streaks") , an array of different cuts will all taste fantastic in their own way. Be aware that the meat will arrive to your table half cooked and you will be provided with a special gimmick to finish it off (see for yourself!). We had a bottle of Gran Canarian Red Wine which perfectly rounded off my birthday meal. If you are hungry enough, don't miss the desserts, the friendly lady wil be happy to recommend one for you...
    The whole restaurant is decorated with signatures of visitors on the wall, as well as framed snippets of newspaper articles from Uruguay and other parts of the world.

Favorite Dish: The meat - we had the "lean" selection. I loved the little charcoal oven on the table where you can grill each piece to perfection and taste it sizzling hot. They have some ultra fine type of french fries, very popular with the locals as an accompaniment to the meat.

Instant Answers: Isla de Gran Canaria

Comments

Isla de Gran Canaria Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla de Gran Canaria restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Gran Canaria sightseeing.

View all Isla de Gran Canaria hotels