Playa del Ingles Travel Guide

by Igraine
  • Playa del Ingles
    by Igraine

Playa del Ingles Highlights

• Pro
    DAO profile photo

THE BEST RESORT ON THE ISLAND

• Con
    DAO profile photo

IT'S MOSTLY A GERMAN TOURIST RESORT

• In a nutshell

MAKE NEW EUROPEAN FRIENDS ON THE BEST BEACH

Playa del Ingles Things to Do

• Igraine's Profile Photo
    Dancing in the Kasbah

by Igraine Written Oct 23, 2013

Playa has a few big shopping centers, Kasbah, Yumbo, Citta, Gran Chaparalle and Tropical. They all offer more or less the same thing.
    Tourist shops with the t-shirts- flipflops, souvenirs etc etc and restaurants, bars, snackcorners etc.

There are a few differences, Kasbah has in the evenings live singing and there will be dancing (ballroom stuff), the Yumbo is famous for it's drag queen shows, Gran Chaparalle is known as the Dutch shopping center and Citta looks very nice from the outside, with the Big Ben and Eiffel tower.

Playa del Ingles Hotels

Playa del Ingles Transportation

• Igraine's Profile Photo

by Igraine Written Oct 23, 2013

There is a decent public transport system next to the taxis. It's ideal for if you want to go outside playa to nearby towns.
    Compared to Dutch prices the fares are very cheap. It's great value for money and the buses are fairly new.
    I noticed they also have lugage storage like you have on tourbuses. Very convenient if you want to go the airport or have a baby stroller with you.

There are bus stations at the Yumbo and Tropical, and stops all through the area.

Playa del Ingles Favorites

• DAO's Profile Photo
    JUST BEFORE THE BEE ATTACKED !

by DAO Updated Aug 15, 2011

Favorite thing:
    I can laugh now. I decided to go and see the massive Maspolomas Sand Dunes that were close to my hotel in Play del Ingles. I had chosen some nice, but loose, shorts and thought ‘It’s so hot – I will skip any underwear’. It seemed like a good decision at the time. So off I went over the dunes….

I found a shallow area and though that if I had my picture taken there – it would look like I was in the middle of the desert. It was a film camera, but I thought it would come out well due to the brightness. That's when my travel companion shouted “There is a bee stinging you through your shorts!”

I am highly allergic and I knew the bagginess of the shorts was protecting me at that second, but it could change for the worse and rapidly. I never hesitated for a second.

I ripped my shorts down and ran for the closest dune crest so I could escape the only bee in the world who lives in a desert! And I was amongst remote dunes so I was running nude from the waist down over a hill into more empty sandy space.

Over the hill I went screaming…..

…. And right into a large collection of middle-aged German nudists spread out in a semi-circle. This, now staring, collection of wrinkled naked bodies on towels and some beside tents all had open mouths. They were probably thinking “Why is he in such a hurry? He forgot to take his shirt off”.

I was too stunned to move once I established Mr. Bee was gone. After a quick inventory of myself and my new and older neighbors, I establish one fact. I had the best body on display – even if only the more action oriented half was visible. I slowly turned around with my head held high and walked back over to put my shorts back on. With a bee stinger right in the left rear side.

• Desert
    • Adventure Travel
    • Photography

Instant Answers: Playa del Ingles

Comments

Playa del Ingles Travel Guide
Map of Playa del Ingles