Isla de Tenerife Restaurants

Watching the sunset from our table.
    Approaching the restaurant
  • Restaurant Terrace which overlooks the sea
    Restaurant Terrace which overlooks the...

Most Recent Restaurants in Isla de Tenerife

• CDM7's Profile Photo

Restaurant Delfin: Dining by the waters edge.

by CDM7 Updated Apr 5, 2014

Delfin Restaurant

This restaurant is not easy to find but the location is superb.When you book a table ask for a window seat as the restaurant is situated on the waters edge with great views across to the island of La Gomera.
    Very friendly welcome from the English proprietor who gave us excellent service throughout the evening.When we arrived it was very quiet,but as the evening drew on it became busy with a nice atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Peppers Padron followed by the grilled sole.
    Food was nicely cooked,hot and well presented.Portions were generous.

• CDM7's Profile Photo

Restaurant Miramar: Dine overlooking the sea.

by CDM7 Written Mar 28, 2014

Restaurant Terrace which overlooks the sea

Found this nice restaurant in the lovely town of Garachico,which lies in the north west of Tenerife.The restaurant is small with lovely terrace views looking towards the wild Atlantic Ocean.
    The kitchen can be seen from the restaurant and i must say that it looked spotlessly clean.My choice for lunch was the seafood platter with delicious Canary potatoes.Food and service were both excellent.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Empire Restaurant & Steak House: Upmarket British Restaurant

by SabrinaSummerville Written Mar 20, 2014
    Wonderful pork sharing platter

We were based in Los Cristianos on our most recent holiday to Tenerife, but on our fourth night decided to take a taxi to Playa de Las Americas and check out some restaurants in the Safari Centre (on the recommendation of a friend who lives on the island).

On the upper level of this stylish and upmarket shopping centre there are about eight restaurants and a cocktail bar. We wandered from one to another before settling on the Empire. We were attracted by the menu which was, although hardly the lowest or most reasonably priced, had a good selection of dishes to suit our palates. We ended up liking it so much that we returned on the last (7th) night of our holiday.

We asked to be seated inside as it was a very cold night. Our table was lovely and spacious (there's nothing worse than small tables in a restaurant). It was set with good quality table wear. The general atmosphere was upmarket, as were the other diners. Décor was tasteful and gave an impression of luxury and class.

We started with the sharing platter of pork for two. This consisted of a portion of crispy belly pork, slow roasted ham hock terrine, Cumberland sausage, and scotch egg. The wooden platter of food was very generous indeed and was presented with side dishes of spiced apple puree, pureed beetroot chutney, and pickled red cabbage. It was delicious and we both felt full after it.

We both ordered the main course of honey glazed roasted duck breast with foie. This was served with spiced poached pear slices and beetroot chutney. The skin was perfectly crisped and my pink duck was very tasty. The one down side of this dish, in my opinion, is that the sliver of foie served with one half of the duck breast was so tiny as to be insignificant. It did nothing for the dish and would have been better either left out altogether, or served in a portion large enough to taste.

Side dishes in this restaurant are charged as extras. My own opinion is that each main course is large enough not to need additional dishes.

On our second night here I was not as impressed as I was the first time, and a very small incident enhanced that slight disappointment. I will elaborate shortly.

Our food was good. We both started with the asparagus and crispy poached egg with vanilla spiked hollandaise. The let down here was the hollandaise. Firstly, there was too little of it on the plate. Secondly, I am not crazy abo0ut the sweetness of vanilla in savoury sauces. Indeed, I don't think many are though I notice a trend favouring this addition of late.

I had the main course of Beef Wellington, which is considered the house specialty. To me there was nothing special about it and, although the beef was incredibly tender, it was tasteless. Again this dish was advertised as containing foie - I neither saw it nor tasted it, even though I consider that I have a very sensitive palate.

My Mother had the steak and ale pie - that was exceptionally tasty and is what I would order if I go back here.

Now to the small incident. Our bill arrived and for once I decided to check it. I was bothered to see we had been charged two euro for.....egg fried rice! In a British restaurant!!!!!! On questioning it I was told that it should have read "bread and butter".......but we didn't have bread and butter. As I was leaving I overheard an adjoining table making a similar complaint.

Overall I liked the place. The service was quick and friendly and food was good. yes, I'd return

Favorite Dish: My favourite, as described above, would have to be the steak and ale pie. Although it was my companion who ordered it, I would do so next time.

• Luxury Travel

Bar Laz Dos Terrazas: Best churros in the Island

by oriettaIT Written Jun 21, 2012

Churros counter in sight

Churros are a popular snack ate all over Spain. They are strips of pastel dough deep fried. They serve them plain with coaster sugar on top or dip into chocolate.
    We were told that this bar had the best one in the whole island of Tenerife, so when we visited Candelaria village we tried them.
    I have to say that it is not my kind of snack, too oily!
    The bar has nice terraces with outdoor seating and some other tables inside.
    It is possible to sit down and order your serve or just grab a paper bag and eat your churros on the go. If you choose this last option be sure you grab enough paper towel before leaving, you are going to need them!

La pasada: San Andreas Home cook food

by oriettaIT Written Jun 19, 2012

Front door

After having visited Las Teresitas beach we were hungry and turned toward the nearby village of San Andreas. We found this restaurant in a back street and were very pleased by the homey look and their food.
    It feel like it came straight from the past as the furniture and decor have not been renovated in ages, but the small veranda is kept in good shape and made happy looking with flowers and plants.
    There are a few tables outdoor under the veranda and another bunch inside.
    A nice couple run the restaurant without any help, he cook the food and she serve the tables and take care of the beverage.

Favorite Dish: We ordered bread and mojo sauces, Grilled cheese and fried fish croquettes.
    We were very happy with the food they served. It was tasty and cook well.

Our bill was 23 euros including water and wine for two people in 2012.

I would suggest this place for a quick and informal lunch.

Cafeteria Carla: Playa San Juan Best Tapas

by oriettaIT Updated Jun 19, 2012

Octopus salad

We loved this cafeteria from the first sight! A Canarian couple run it and have decorated the shop with wood tables and comfortable chair. There is also a few tables outdoor under a awning.
    They cook their own food and they have a good list of tapas on their menu. Those tapas are not the tiny bit of food I saw in other part of Spain, they are more like a full portion.
    Most of the food is also visible in the refrigerated counter so if you do not understand the menu just walk there and point at what you want to eat.
    They speak a basic English but they are really willing to help and please their customer.

Favorite Dish: Their mojo sauces were between the best we tried in the island, they also sell it in jars and if you are checking your suitcase I would suggest you to buy some.
    We came back twice and ordered every time their octopus salad as it was super. Their homemade meatballs cooked in tomatoes sauce with papas arugadas (Canarian potatoes) were very good too.

Their prices were cheap, two portion of tapas, two beers, bread and mojo costed 14 euros in 2012.

They have some room to rent on the building, the information are available here Apartamentos Carla

Las delicias restaurante: Tajao village BEST fish restaurant

by oriettaIT Written Jun 19, 2012

Long shells

When we went back to San Migues de Tajao to have another fish lunch, the restaurant we visited before was closed. We looked around and decided to try Las delicias because of the friendly smile of the owner and the waitress.
    The restaurant has a very simple room with a few tables. They have a glass counter where they store on display the fish of the day. You look at it and tell them what you want.
    The lady who own the place is also the cook, she did not know any english but the Cuban waitress did so arranging our lunch was easy. It would have easy anyway as basically you point at what you want and they cook it the best way possible.
    During our lunch a few fishermen brought their catch to sell it and the owner picked up whatever she liked.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a salad and two kind of shellfish as appetizer, they sauteed the long shells in a pan with some oil and lemon but they grilled the mussels and simply put parsley and lemon on top.
    As main course we asked for one of the big fish and they served it grilled.
    The fish and also the shells were super fresh and we enjoyed the fact they were simply cooked as it magnified the sea taste.

The bill was an incredible 42 euros for two people in 2012 and included wine, water and two coffee Canario, sort of a drink made of hot coffee, cream and liquor.

• Wine Tasting

Rincon del Marinero: Tajao village, fish restarant

by oriettaIT Updated Jun 18, 2012

Front view

Everybody we spoke about fresh fish with reasonable price pointed us toward San Migues del Tajao. And they were right!
    The first time we visited we went to the end of the road that go along the small port and we liked this restaurant veranda so we decided to give it a try.
    They don't have a menu, you walk inside and take a look to the counter, on display they have all the catches of the day, you decide what appeal you more and order it, they weight the fish and tell you how much it is going to cost.

Open Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 12:30 - 22:00
    Tuesday and Sunday: 12:30 - 17:00

Favorite Dish: We decided to taste their octopus salad with a serve of papas arugadas and mojo sauce. The octopus was absolely not rubbery, tender and delicious.
    We also picked one of the freshly caught fish, I don't remember how they called it but it was big, red skinned and with big eyes as they explained us it is a deep water fish.
    They grilled it for us to perfection.
    As this was not enough we ordered also a plate of fried calamari, perfectly crispy and very good.

The bill, including a couple of beer and water was around 50 euros for two people in 2012.

Restaurante Oasis: Adeje fried chicken oasis

by oriettaIT Written Jun 18, 2012

Front door

This restaurant was advised to us by some locals, it is Adeje main attraction!
    In a simple and basic room there are a bunch of tables with wooden chairs, more outdoor along the sidewalks.
    When we visited we had the impression that it is the local choices for a family dinner out.
    We waited a bit and was showed a small table, we sat and when we asked for the menu the answer was: Fried chicken, salad and potatoes! what do you want to drink?
    basically fried chicken is what they serve and they do it very well as all the customers digging into those pile of chicken's legs and thighs seemed to think as they were really enjoying it!

Favorite Dish: They serve their fried chicken covered with a tasty tomato sauce. Of course the breading was perfect, golden and crispy and the tomato sauce added a nice taste to it.
    The portion was generous, almost huge.
    We had a gread dinner and a lot of fun observing the different families dynamics as they attack their plates.

Casa Maria: Callao Salvaje Restaurant

by oriettaIT Written Jun 17, 2012

Dorada beer

Casa Maria seemed to be the most popular restaurant in Callao Salvaje we went there twice and it proved to have great food and reasonable prices.
    They have a indoor dining room and a bigger outdoor seating area, in January they had protective awning to keep the wind out. It was perfect to have dinner out just with a light sweater.
    The waiters are friendly, smiles a lot and speak good english.
    They have a big selection of food, first course, mean and fish main courses and also pizza.
    They have combined menu for about 12 euros included a soup a main course, desert plus wine and water.

Almost every night they had live music entertainment.

Favorite Dish: We tried the combined menu the first night we landed in Tenerife and we were happy with it so we went back another night and ordered from the menu.
    We had garlic bread, Grilled calamari served with a side of papas arugadas (Tenerife potatoes cooked in salt water) and salad, Cod with potatoes.
    We drank Dorada beer and the bill was 39 euros for the two of us in 2012.
    Their food is good, sometimes they tend to salt it too much, probably in the attempt to sell more drinks..

Paddy Mcgintys Irish bar: Callao Salvaje Irish pub

by oriettaIT Written Jun 17, 2012

Curry chicken

This pub seems to come straight from Dublin to Tenerife, the decor are typical of any Irish pub, dark wood, beer drafts, pints and televisions to follow the current sport highlight.
    They also have a few table outdoor with shade.
    The owners offer Irish beers, sandwiches and a small selection of cooked food.
    We decided to give him a try and ordered a Guiness, a blonde beer an Irish meat pie and a curry chicken served with steamed rice.
    It was a great lunch, in a relaxing atmosphere. Different was the situation when we walked by the same night, the television was blasting and all the soccer fans were cheering their favorite players quite loud! I think the good beer helped that too.. :-)

They also serve breakfast, afternoon tea and cake and dinner.

• Harriets tea room: Harriets the best tea room in south Tenerife

by Blanksfamily Written Apr 9, 2012

The best little English tea shop in playa fanabe,
    On our last visit to Tenerife we visited an English tea room called Harriets, after many fellow holiday makers recommended them to us.
    We turned up at about 1.30 pm and the place was full with people waiting for a seat, we decided to call back the next day, we did look at what the other people were eating, and I must say the food looked great.
    We visited next day a little later at about 3pm, we managed to get a seat but it was still busy, we were very warmly greeted, we chose to have a cream tea, and a coffee with a slice of coffee and walnut cake, my wife absolutely loved the cake, she bakes at home but said the cake was better than she could ever make, she also said the coffee was fantastic, it was lavazza and the best she had tasted while on the island, and I must say I thought the scone and tea were great.
    We visited several times during our holiday and got to know the owners Stuart and Diana, we witnessed the hard work needed to run a successful tea room, as they start at 6.30am every day to bake all the cakes. We recommend this tea shop but avoid between 1 and 2.30 pm as it gets very busy.

Favorite Dish: We really enjoyed all the food, the freshly made sandwiches were lovely, from our experience you would not be disappointed with any dish you order.

• Whale Watching

Las Delicias: Number One Choice! Tajao

by painterdave Updated Feb 9, 2012

Front of Restaurant

This restaurant was our top pick of the 9 days we were in Tenerife. Not only was the fresh fish cooked to perfection but the price was WAY below what we expected. If you are looking for a fish restaurant near the airport before you fly out, this is the one for you. This village is known to the locals for its good cooking, so if you want to get to a small village along the coast, this could be your best bet.
    Total bill was 34 euros. They weigh the fish before cooking, so we were a bit wary as to how much it would be. We ordered two types of shell fish besides an oven baked fish to share between the two of us, Canaria Coffee and drinks. Not a bad price!
    The people who work this restaurant are also friendly, the owner fishes and brings it in every day and the wife cooks. They are assisted by a sweet lady who emigrated from Cuba, and she speaks English and will help you maneuver through the offerings.
    The village of Tajao is located north of the south airport about ten minutes.

Favorite Dish: The shell fish....and the ones that are long were astonishingly good.
    They feature many types of fish.
    Don't let the lack of diners at lunch fool you, they have most of their customers at dinner time.
    Clean, well kept, and the fish is right off the boat.kl During lunch they were bringing it in. How can you beat that for freshness.!

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Oasis: Only Chicken and Fries, Adejo (WOW!)

by painterdave Written Feb 9, 2012

We cornered a local business woman and received some good choices for food. This one, The Oasis, has a specialty of only chicken. In fact, when we sat down I asked for a menu and the lady said....senor... waving her hands in air...only chicken and fries. We looked around and sure enough everyone had piles of chicken. She said,, hot or medium...meaning mojo sauce... We chose HOT!
    Everyone comes here in the spirit of having fun and stuffing theirselves. This restaurant located in a village 10 minutes from the beach and in a village not frequented by many tourists will not leave you disappointed. It looks to be the most popular place in the town of Adeje.
    So if you want to get away from the glitzy, Disneyland kind of beach town restaurants this is the place for you.
    We would go back here in a minute!

Favorite Dish: Chicken is all they have! Fried without breadcrumbs....
    2 people, 2 waters, 1 bread and chicken......17 euros

• Beaches

Carla: Carla III For Tapas in Playa San Juan

by painterdave Written Feb 9, 2012

meatballs in mojo

We were searching for Tapas and were not disappointed in this small restaurant along the waterfont run by a family. The owners do it all and they tirelessly try to keep their customers happy and well fed. Their mojo sauce is to die for and you can even purchase jars of it to bring home.
    Do not expect tapas in the Canary Islands to be the same you would find in Sevilla or Barcelona, but it is still exceptional in taste.
    You can sit along the street at a table and enjoy the sun, or their is plenty of seating inside.
    Carla is clean and the food was cooked well. It is not overpriced.
    They are busy workers, but friendly, and the owner's wife was very charming and talkative.
    Their is a beach within 3 minutes walking, and a harbor that has a walkway. After eating you might walk to the right up and around the harbor and enjoy gelato made by an emigrant Italian family.

Favorite Dish: The mojo sauce was the best that we had all week. We were sorry that our hotel was some distance from this restaurant or we would have gone back and third time.
    Depending on what day and if you arrive later, some items on the menu might be missing, but we found that to be okay as there were choices we also wanted to try.
    Chicken in Mojo--nice
    Octopus--Made into a salad--exceptional
    In my opinion these are the kind of people you enjoy meeting and supporting when you go on a trip.
    They also rent apartments under the same name located above the restaurant.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Isla de Tenerife

Comments

Isla de Tenerife Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla de Tenerife restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Tenerife sightseeing.

View all Isla de Tenerife hotels