Isla de Tenerife Restaurants

Watching the sunset from our table.
    Approaching the restaurant
  • Restaurant Terrace which overlooks the sea
    Restaurant Terrace which overlooks the...

Most Recent Restaurants in Isla de Tenerife

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Rincon del Marinero: Near Airport in Tajao, Rincon del Marinero

by painterdave Written Feb 9, 2012

We were searching for a fish restaurant near the airport in a small village. Going here on a tip from a local we found it was a great choice. It is located at the harbour at the end of the road. This was probably the cleanest restaurant of all the ones in which we had eaten in a week in Tenerife.
    The owners had a window of fresh fish that you would see and then choose to have cooked for you. It is a popular place, and you won't regret eating here.
    It seems to be about 13 minutes north of the airport.
    This side of the island north of the airport has some great villages that feature fish Tajao is one of the best.

Favorite Dish: The Octopus was awesome!!! Called Polpo in Spain.
    We also chose the red fish you will see in the photos. You pay by the weight.
    We also had mixed fried fish....really good. Their specialty.
    Seating is outside or in, depending on the temperature.
    There is parking for free along the street on the way to the restaurant. The little boat harbour is a nice stroll after.

Red Fish Cooked Polpo--Octopus Owner and waitress Red Fish And Other Choices Front of Rincon del Marinero
    • Beaches

• painterdave's Profile Photo

La Pasada: San Andres--La Pasada Restaurante

by painterdave Written Feb 9, 2012

The owners of La Pasada do their own cooking and waiting of tables. We ate here, choosing it from several restaurants along the street, and we were not disappointed. The friendly lady owner suggested items on the menu and everything was cooked well. She did not speak English, but we had no trouble because she tried very hard to suggest items and also to see that we had good service.
    You could sit outside on a covered area, or inside. The establishment was clean, I also looked in the kitchen and although small, it was clean looking.
    If we were to go back to San Andres, I would choose La Pasada because we were getting Canary Island specialties not out of a box, but cooked in a mom and pop type restaurant.

Two people for lunch at 23 euros.

Favorite Dish: The croquetas--my favorite dish.

Front of La Pasada Croquetas Owner and waitress Mojo is tasty Grilled Cheese with Mojo
    • Beaches

• LNata's Profile Photo

Wanted: Perfect italian place!

by LNata Updated Nov 10, 2011

Unfortunately, the place does not exist any more. The restaurant which is open instead (something of Balcan food) of this one is just one more soulless place for tourists (don't care about today's tourist, tomorrow other will come) :(((

Located on a lower level o promenade across Hotel Los Olivos. This place was our ring-buoy in a sea of mass touristic restaurant (unfortunately, most o them in this area are selling overpriced crap instead of food).

Pizza, lasagne, spagetti... all was delicious. Actually they had the best seafood pizza I have ever tried outside of Italy (only fresh products, no crab imitations). Also they have good sangria, nice espresso and properly made local coffee speciality baraquito (leche-leche in alcohol free version). And people working in the restaurant are very nice, too :)

Oh, and take a look inside the restaurant, they have funny decorations on the walls :)

Sea food lasagne was PERFECT! baraquito Restaurant Wanted from the Fanabe beach

• tonymweaver's Profile Photo

La Boca: Great Food - Very Cheap!

by tonymweaver Written Apr 24, 2011

La Boca is the best restaurant we came across on our first day. The food was lovely, served in extra quick time.

The owners of this English Bar/Restaurant even import the food from the UK which is what attracted us. The staff are helpful & friendly, not forgetting the lovely PR Girl who i mentioned in my main write-up.

La Boca serve everything from All Day Breakfast to a Full Roast Dinner (Special on Sundays).
    The drinks are also cheap and they sell the usual from Budweiser to Wine.

Favorite Dish: The Salad is lovely and if you can eat it all, you are much better than me!

• Spa and Resort
    • Work Abroad

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

?: Eat where the locals eat

by King_Golo Updated Apr 5, 2011

When we arrived in Taganana, it was already 3pm - and we hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, but instead done a 7km hike. So our rumbling stomachs directed us to the first place we came across: a bar in Taganana. Unfortunately, none of us can remember the name of the bar, but it was the first building after the switchback leading past the village.
    Anyway, we arrived and asked for some food, and the owner was reluctant at first because he was in need of his siesta, but then he heard our rumbling stomachs and pitied us. I ordered a biftec (= beef steak) and my wife some salchichas. We expected a small piece of meat with some fries, so I joked as the owner went to the grill with a huge pile of meat on a plate that it would all be for us. Well, it was: My wife was served 7 salchichas, I got two steaks, each the size of a small book. Instead of fries, we were served 800g of baked potatoes...
    But the best was the price: We paid about 15 euros including drinks! So if you're hungry and travelling on a small budget go to Taganana!

Favorite Dish: MEAT!

Susi enjoying some meat in Taganana

La Casa Gallega: Expensive and not too good

by King_Golo Written Apr 5, 2011

Our last day's choice of a restaurant was also the worst. Very slow service, fatty food, small servings and high prices. Located just next door to La Clave, we should better have gone there once more... Bad luck.

Favorite Dish: My pork fillet was good, but the serving was much too small.

La Tasca de la Papaya: La Tasca de la Papaya

by King_Golo Written Apr 5, 2011

We tried this restaurant on our fourth day and were slightly disappointed. Perhaps it is true that you should never visit a restaurant where there are hardly any guests...
    La Tasca de la Papaya is not bad, but the food couldn't compare to other restaurants. They had a very good Spanish sausage and the queso grillado was good as well, but the rest was just so-so. Unfortunately, the waitress brought all our tapas at once, resulting in half of them being cold before we could try them.

Favorite Dish: Queso grillado and one of the Spanish sausages (but unfortunately I've forgotten its name)

El Templo del Vino: Visit the temple of wine and great food

by King_Golo Written Apr 5, 2011

One of the last restaurants of Calle El Lomo, El Templo del Vino is a very popular place for food and wine. We ended up there by coincidence as we were only looking for a nice place to dine and hadn't heard of this restaurant before. Nonetheless, it was a great choice. The restaurant is run by some Germans who have lived on Tenerife for a long time and who have a knack for cooking. Their cuisine is called international, but most dishes are somehow Spanish or Canarian.

Favorite Dish: I had the restaurant's specialty: Brocheta solomillo. It's a skewer hanging down from a gallow! The brocheta was very good, but due to it hanging in mid-air getting cold very quickly. My wife had a gilthead in fennel-garlic sauce which was good as well. Moreover, El Templo del Vino does the best aioli in town!

El Establo: Dining in a 270 year old patio

by King_Golo Updated Apr 5, 2011

While walking through Puerto de la Cruz one night, we were ushered into a rather hidden patio by a guy from this restaurant. Normally, I wouldn't give in and follow him, but we were too hungry and indecisive where else to go. It was a pleasant surprise: The patio in which there are two restaurants (El Establo and Bar Tapas Luis y Balcon) was a very nice place to enjoy some food and wine. We later found out that it is the oldest house of Puerto de la Cruz.
    The food was very good, but the service lacked quality. Our waiter looked either completely bored or really annoyed and only answered in one-word sentences. Perhaps he couldn't stand that Luis across the patio had much more customers than he had...

Favorite Dish: I had the Canary Islands Skewer which was very good and came with a spicy chili, vegetable and pepper sauce. My wife had the "conejo en salmorejo", fried rabbit in a garlic, wine and vegetable sauce. It tasted good, but there were more bones than meat.

El Establo

La Clave (Tapas y Pintxos): Perfect Canarian Food

by King_Golo Written Apr 5, 2011

We went to La Clave on our very first evening and immediately hit the bull's eye. Their tapas are just perfect and the accompanying wines are magnificent. Moreover, the staff is very friendly and attentive, and our waiter even conversed with us in Spanish. This doesn't happen too often in a town as touristy as Puerto de la Cruz.

Favorite Dish: We had several tapas such as:

Grilled cheese with honey and oregano (perfect!)
    Papas arrugadas con mojo rojo y mojo verde (potatoes with spicy sauce, again perfect!)
    A whole squid fish (alright, but something to get used to)
    Silver bass with garlic and lemon (very good despite the fact that I normally don't eat fish)
    Tomato salad (the best I've ever had)

For dessert, I chose an apple-caramel pie which was also very tasty.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

MB: Revisiting a Famed One

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Apr 4, 2011

Martin Berasategui is one of Spain's Top Ten Chefs, and he has graced one of Tenerife's finest hotels with a restaurant in his name.

I visited this restaurant, at the divine Abama Hotel, in October 2007 when it was called "El Patio" and I posted a review under that name. Now it has trendily altered the name to "MB" and, as such, adopted a somewhat different approach and so deserves a fresh review under the equally fresh name.

It was all the more interesting because, in the same week, I visited the other great Spanish Chef's namesake restaurant in Tenerife - Dani Garcia, at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora. It was impossible not to make comparisons and my verdict is that MB wins out on this occasion.

Service is impressively first class as you walk through the doors of MB. Guided to our window seat, we were immediately offered drinks and presented with the menu. The down side that night was that the weather had been bad, and so the restaurant was cold. Seating guests by the window is generally a good marketing ploy, but on this occasion the cold breeze went a long way towards ruining our enjoyment of the evening. Other than that, the decor was fabulous, the restaurants comfortable, the staff attentive without being cloying, and the staff uniforms just the right little bit over the top, especially that of our waitress, which was almost Victorian.

Why, I even had a special little table on which to place my handbag.

Favorite Dish: The menu was impressive and it was hard to choose. In addition to the a la carte, there was a relatively reasonably priced tasting menu.

On this occasion I opted for a la carte. We were all tempted with an amuse bouche of a rich cauliflour puree with basil oil and what I think was an almond crunch. Very tasty indeed. A slate containing six different flavours of butter, ranging from mushroom to beetroot, perfectly complemented the freshly baked variety of breads and crispbreads which were presented to us to choose from.

My starter was divine - described on the menu as "Almond "Porrusalda" with roasted scallop, egg yolk, and potato bread" it was even nicer than it sounded. The scallop, egg, and potato bread arrived first, and the almond "porrusalda" followed in a jug and was ceremoniously poured over the plated tasty bites. Simple, smooth, and very rich.

Moving on to the main course, my black ravioli of lobster with a thousand spice foam jus was delicious and yet something I wasn't quite sure of. The filling in the ravioli tasted more of sausage meat than lobster to me, but I'm sure that had a whole lot to do with the thousand spice seasoning. The foam jus was very light and foamy and tasty.

My friend ate the "Grilled beef tenderloin, creamy gnocchi with sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Apple and bitter lemon cream." All of the flavours and textures were there! The beef was perfectly red, served on a slate and dusted in rock salt.

A pre dessert preceded our main dessert, of which I had a somewhat disappointing iced coffee with a bundle of sticky hazlenut. The plate, decorated with a confectionery gold ribbon, looked pretty but the dessert was not much. MY friends millefeuille of apple and frosty cream was delicious and finished the night perfectly.

The meal, including bottled water and one gin and tonic, cost around €250. Not cheap by any means, but worth every cent.

Highly recommended.

The Black Lobster Ravioli Interior of MB. The millefeuille
    • Luxury Travel

• The Indian Restaurant: Our favourite Indian restaurant

by wherehaveyoubeen Updated Apr 4, 2011

We received such a warm welcome and found our meals at this restaurant to be the tastiest Indian food we have ever come across. It was all very well presented and had such depth of flavour. The owner told us that they recently repainted and added some extra features to the restaurant, and it does look good, a very clean, comfortable atmosphere. The restaurant is situated on a road, but it did not disturb our evening at all. We enjoyed the whole evening and the bill was very resonable compared to other restaurants. The chef did an excellent job, the service was great, and we will return during our holidays in February. If you want a curry but you are tired of being disappointed by the other Indian restaurants, do not worry, this place will surely satisfy you.

Favorite Dish: I had lamb tikka and mushroom balti, it was fantastic. So much flavour and the lamb was perfect.

• Singles

• Restaurante Los Roques: The best place for fantastic food on the island!

by turgid38 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I went to Restaurante Los Roques with friends for no special occasion and had the most delightful meal there.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were warm, friendly, courteous and knowledgable, and definately added to the evening.

The restaurant itself is delightful; modern, chic and yet without being faddish or trendy. We initially had drinks on the deck at lunchtime, which has the most fantastic views, but went back another time for dinner.

Yet, despite the fantastic staff, the stunning views, the high standard of all the furniture and fittings, along with what are probably the best restaurant bathrooms on tenerife, nothing, but nothing, outdid the food.

We were stunned. You just don't expect to find food this good in a place like this. Yes, the prices are higher than most of the restaurants around it, but they are lower than you pay for the same food in places like London or New York. In some cases, less than half what you might pay. And the food is at least equal to many of the better restaurants I've eaten in, and that includes one or two that have a Michelin Star.

All in all the place was great; we were so comfortable and enjoyed ourselves so much. Although the food was excellent and the highlight of the evening the staff, surroundings and ambiance all contributed.

We will definately be returning to Los Roques at every possible opportunity, and although some may think the prices are high, I don't - you get what you pay for and it's worth every last cent.

Favorite Dish: I had Tartar of Salmon to start. I discovered after eating it that the salmon is purchased whole by the restaurant, but is prepared and cured on the premises in their own marinade, a process taking several days. It is diced and served in a caper aioli which is just fantastic. The flavour and texture combination gives a kind of silkiness to the dish. The fish has a richness to it unlike anything I've tasted in a fish dish like this. The waiter suggested I try some bread with it, and sure enough, the bread opened up the flavour still further. The salad leaves on which the salmon sat were some of the most diverse and tasty I've had on the island.

My main course was Fillet of Beef with Yuca Chips, Sweet Pea Mousse and Thyme Liquor. The steak was divinely tender, perfectly cooked medium rare. The yuca chips were unusual and the sweet pea mousse verdent. Ah yes, there was a quenelle of harissa on top of the steak, which, combined with the yuca, pea, and thyme licor complemented the beef so well I was almost shocked. If only more steak dishes were like this! I wondered afterwards why the bothered providing a steak knife - I could have cut it with my fork!

For dessert, I had the Strawberry and Basil Sorbet, served with meringue and basil liquor. Again, a fantastic flavour combination, perfectly balanced. The sorbet was of fresh fruit puree, untainted with syrup, egg or cream, but still smooth and creamy. The meringue was crisp and sweet, a perfect foil for the sorbet. And the basil liquor added to and lifted the sorbet just the right way.

Added to this were two other surprises; the bread and the brownies, both unsolicited and both free of charge, as you would expect of a restaurant of this class, but not necessarily of restaurants in Tenerife.

I couldn't choose any one of these if I had to - the three together made the most fantastic meal I have had in a while.

• Los Roques: Fantastic food, fantastic view, fantastic service

by sidav.m Updated Apr 4, 2011

We were amazed walking through Los Abrigos to discover that a little Italian restaurant we've been to a coupel of times has transformed into the most amazing international restaurant.

The interior is completely - and I mean completely - revamped, and could easily have been transported from any major European city. The view from the deck terrace is stunning, we watched the most magnificent sunset there whilst having a drink before dinner.

Their food is not outmatched by either the decor or the view, and the service left nothing to be desired either. The food was quite novel for Tenerife, and extremely tasty. The chef is a genius at mxing flavours. And their bread was heavenly!

It's a bit more pricey than other Los Abrigos restaurants, but the food so easily outcalsses anything else on offer we weren't disappointed and felt it was well worth it. We will definately be going back.

Favorite Dish: I have to say I couldn't choose a favourite dish. I had grilled langoustine with an asparagus creme brulee which was astonishingly good. I also had guinea fowl, which came with vine leaves stuffed with an incredibly tasty mousse, I think it was artichoke. My wife had carpaccio of beef, tender, juicy and with a fabulous house made chutney, followed by something that was described as an 'italian seafood stew' but that does not do it justice by a long way. It had shellfish, a huge tiger prawn, and squid in a rich seafood sauce. We had a plate of mixed desserts, all were fantastic.

• APIA05's Profile Photo

Verdes: The Best Italian In Tenerife

by APIA05 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The best italian in Tenerife and packed very night.

I would recommend bookign if possible. If you find you need to wait, you have sip a glass of wine from the vast selection of wine.

The food and service were first class and although the restaurant is busy throughout the night you never feel they are trying to rush you out the door.

Instant Answers: Isla de Tenerife

Comments

Isla de Tenerife Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla de Tenerife restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Tenerife sightseeing.

View all Isla de Tenerife hotels