La Playa de Mogán Travel Guide

Relief wall
    Relief wall

La Playa de Mogán Things to Do

• The Promenade

It is a holiday small town and the promenade really look like this, full of restaurants and café’s where everyone hang around, have a drink or grab something to eat. Do not expect too much of it.

• The Beach

As a volcanic island there are not much of sand beach here, so unless you are very early in the morning it will be crowded or else you can stay in your hotel pool, if you have one. Which is remind me, a good point to think of when you plan to visit this place.

• Puerto de Mogan

Puerto de Mogan is different from the other cities and villages on Gran Canaria and well worth a visit, even if you live on the other side of the island. The city planning is made by an italian architect. You find no cars in the city centre, you have lots of bridges and channels giving you the feel of a Spanish Venice in small size. No buildings...

La Playa de Mogán Hotels

La Playa de Mogán Restaurants

• Espresso

This is the place for Espresso. A real local place where the locals having the coffee and I had to try it as well, and to tell you the truth, sometimes the cheapest is also the best and the espresso here was surely the best I had in this location :)

• Indian

The Taj Tandoori is Indian restaurant located in the new modern mall, which is basically empty so it is not much known or popular. But it was just across from our hotel and we decided to go and check it out on the day India won the world championship in cricket :)The place is really like any European, or let me say, English Indian restaurant with...

• My favourite in this location

Restaurant Zona Verda was probably my favourite in this location. It is a bit outside the center and so less known and popular I guess. It is also seems to be a family run and therefore also very friendly service. They recommend to us good local red wine and local style food with the best local potatoes I ever had. So in short, if you are in this...

• The place with the style

This restaurant was probably the highest quality one we visited in this location. It is actually located in our hotel and we went here after a day trip to the mountains when we didn't feel like going out to search for food place. Food was in quality and style but not in big portion, I had lam with red wine which was prepared very well.

• Restaurant for good fish

This was recommended Fish restaurant in Trip Advisor so we thought to check it out. They recommended us the fish of the day which was white fish file and we washed it out with El Coto Rioja white wine which was light in taste but all right with the fish.

• Restaurant Bar Irish Tavern

We visit this place only for a drink on Monday night and even if this is a tourist place the place was rather empty, so we enjoyed our cold local pint of lager in peace while observing the staff cleaning their small kitchen.

• Good seafood

The El Faro restaurant is unique by its great location just by the sea as a light house. They offer great fresh sea food and wine in attractive deal and for the price that you pay, you wouldn’t be disappointed. We ordered the seafood platter with white wine which was just perfect for the day.

• Las Olas Cafeteria

This I thought would be a good place to try some coffee and local dish but to be honest, the coffee was poor and I didn't even try any food here, by tourist means this is total for the tourists. You better try something somewhere else.

• Mogan Mar

This another of the tourist restaurants on the promenade with great sunshine terrace, they also offered the draft beer in cheaper rate of 2 euro half a liter which is a good reason to have a cold drink here as well as we try one of the days some snacks here such salads and some garlic stuff which was nice as well.

La Playa de Mogán Nightlife

• Bohemia Bar

And this is another of the bars in the De Los Pescadores street, the Bohemia Bar is yet again when you can have a drink, listen to some laud music and maybe dance a bit with other customers.

• Bar Calipso

Bar Calipso is just opposite the street from the Ferrari, so when you get tired from one place you can just walk to the other. The photo here was obviously been taken during the day when the place is closed, I didn’t want to flash my camera at night to the face of the drunken Swedish tourists in place.

• Bar Cafe Ferrari

Not very original name and nothing to do with the real company, this place was the place we ended up in the night for some drinks. It is located on the small streets where all the pubs are and you can listen also to live band from the next bar so it all feel like a small happening here.

La Playa de Mogán Transportation

• Taxi

There are taxis here of course, I don’t think they are for anyone around the town but for those who came to visit Playa de Mogán for a day and needed to get back to the other towns around. Taxis are available in the center of the town square.

• Boat

Obviously a boat will be useful, after all this is an island :) If you haven’t got your own, then there are some cruises around the island where you can take a boat that will take you to/from La Playa de Mogán.

• Bus

You do not really need transport around La Playa de Mogán, but to get here the easiest is probably by bus from Playa del Ingles or even all the way from Las Palmas.

La Playa de Mogán Shopping

• Friday market

On every Friday there is the street market of Playa de Mogán, to be honest, crowded and not any special, no the items and not the prices. Most important, watch out your own wallet not to be snatched.

• Shopping for groceries

Down in the center of town, just next to the bus station there is the Spar shop which is excellent for own groceries shopping and supply if you need any. They have all kind of stuff as you can expect including some beer even from your own country. (depends where are you from :)

• Shopping Center

The is this new modern Shopping Center with some shops, mostly empty of customers, I guess this place is new and looking forward for the future with the development of this town. There is also supermarket in a hidden place here where you can buy some supply if you need any.

La Playa de Mogán Local Customs

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

by Gili_S Written Mar 20, 2012

On a nice warm day it is nice to have cold sangria, that is a typical wine punch drinks mixed with fruit juice and fruit chunks. Best of course when you make it yourself :)

La Playa de Mogán Off The Beaten Path

• The small streets of Playa de Mogán

There are many places to go and visit around the Canary islands, I will make some pages for the other places I have visited in this island but hear I was just added few photos on the nice small streets of Playa de Mogán.

• Wall of pictures

In one of the streets in Puerto de Mogan you can find a wall filled with beautiful stone reliefs. Look it up when you come there it is very pretty.

• La Playa de Mogán Hotels

1 Hotels in La Playa de Mogán

839 Reviews and Opinions

La Playa de Mogán Favorites

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

by Maria_75 Written Feb 19, 2005

Favorite thing: Webcam from the harbour;

Puerto de Mogán

Instant Answers: La Playa de Mogán

Comments

Explore Deeper into La Playa de Mogán
Italian in the promenade