Los Cristianos Restaurants

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

La Taberna Rustica: Great Seafood Grill

by SabrinaSummerville Written Mar 17, 2014

Cosy interior

I hadn't been to Los Cristianos in years and, as a seafood lover, first night there I went in search of a good local place that served seafood. We were encouraged by the PR guy at the front of house with his promises to my Mum of mashed potato. Trust an Irish Mammy to be lured by the spud thousands of miles from home!

It was a cold night and we asked to be seated in a warm spot inside, They gave us a table close to the kitchen for the warmth, but a breeze blew up from the adjoining stairway.

We started by sharing a starter of foie gras, which was the proper foie that's so hard to find properly cooked. It came served with onion jam, caramelised apples, toast points, and mashed potato garnish. Though very slightly oily, it was tasty and properly cooked. Also, the serving was of a decent size and plentiful shared between two. I would order it again.

My main course was, of course, the seafood mixed grill. I was very impressed! The serving was huge and way too much for one person. The fish-shaped platter consisted of mussels, prawns, red king prawns, squid, dorada, salmon, and tuna. There was a generous garnish of salad and a portion of canarian potatoes. Two sauces completed the dish. Everything was perfectly cooked and very tasty.

My Mother ordered the meat mixed grill but pronounced it less than satisfactory - plus it came served with fries and not the promised mash. I am sure that if she had agreed to let me draw this to the attention of the serving staff this would have been quickly rectified.

Service was good and polite. The atmosphere was rustic Canarian and comfortable. The menu was vast, with something to suit all tastes.

There are tables both inside and, for the warmer nights, outside.

Prices were reasonable.

I would recommend it and I would return.

Favorite Dish: The seafood grill is irresistible.

Tandoori Nites: Indian buffee

by akkipaa Updated Dec 29, 2011

We were hanging around early and took the Indian buffee. It's served between 5 and 8pm and the price was 11,95. Good but not special. Cheapest dinner but I don't count this because of buffee we selected. There were some 12 dishes to select and the Madras Chicken was the best. Too mildly spiced to our taste, that's why the rank is only average. But the quality met the price, definitely.

El Faro: Reviews went fifty-fifty

by akkipaa Updated Dec 29, 2011

The restaurant is expensive and has to increase quality to be worth of the money spend. Take fish and seafood. If you step into the restaurant the most dissappointment was with entrecote the steak was dry and tough.

Favorite Dish: The order was: Iberian sausage and ham plate, Soup Marinara, Seabass filee and Entrecote. Others ok, but the meat not. Half of us were dissappointed and half not and the second reason was the side orders we didn't order but were invoiced in the bill. Normal in the area but not in all places.

La Monteria: One place for Tapas

by akkipaa Updated Dec 29, 2011

This is a place were it is easy to eat too much. We taught that the tapas plates are small and ordered different kind of 5 tapas. And those were definately good, but we ate a plate or two too much. Worth of visiting, nice service and only small minus was smoking which seems to be ruled differently in different places.

My recommendation is that if you are two, take first 3-4 plates and then think your eating strategy again.

Favorite Dish: Tapas prices from 3,00 to 7,50 and you can find a lot of main courses from 7,50 to 10,00.
    Our selection: Queso frite (fried cheese), Entrantes Frios, Pescadas Y Mariscos (Fish and seafood), Champi con Jamon (Mushrooms and ham).

San Luis: Try mixture of pulpo, pollo and fruta

Restaurant San Luis

The restaurant is in the tourist area, but still it has some local athmosphere. Pulpo Gallega (boiled squid starter) got the words: "best squid I have ever eaten" from my spouse. I ate Melon Con Jamon, not bad at all, especially melon was of good quality (never get fresh at home). Pechuga Ajillo (chicken garlic) was the main course, all photos included. (50€ for 2 persons with a bottle of house wine). One of the best we visited in the LC (6 restaurants). The roll-in lady outside were untypical :) helpfull and polite but one sign of possible tourist trap. Definately the meal was worth of the price.

Favorite Dish: Melon Con Jamon
    Pulpo Gallega
    Pechuga Ajillo

• cabanas: fabulous resteraunt

by ldougan Updated Apr 4, 2011

fantastic resteraunt, spanish, english and sea food, it is on the front at the beach, fantastic friendly staff, tasty food they cant do enough for you, antonio the owner is great, tony the manager is very very nice

Favorite Dish: chicken milano and any steak dish

• Bianco Duo: Amazing Italian in Los Cristianos

by JohnParkes Written Mar 8, 2011

Bianco Duo specializes in traditional Italian food served with a modern twist. The layout, furnishings and decor betray the usual Italian restaurant decor, but it is for the better.

Favorite Dish: Steak is amazing, so are the dough balls. The pizzas are worth a bash too.

Parilla Argentina Gardel: Argentinan sausages and entrecotes

by akkipaa Updated Feb 19, 2011

The owner and the grill

Unfortunately I have only one photo of food and the reason is that it was so good that I forget whole thing. The owner (who is Argentinan) told us his story and didn't serve us too much, when we tried to order 2 starters, he said that it is too much. So we ate one starter (Provoleta - italian cheese (grilled)) and main dish was (Parrillada para 2 person) mixed grill: chicken, sausages, ribs and beef and many other things. Still it was too almost too much. The restaurant is open only on the evenings (golf on day time :) and it is a little bit from the beach and other restaurants. One of the best we visited in town and definately I recommended this. And trust the owner or his wife they know the food. Without the drinks you two persons can have delicious dinner for 30€.

Favorite Dish: Take beef, as you can see in the picture.

• rubina: don´t give this great place a miss

by pearlvest Written Oct 21, 2010

We read some great reports on rubina on the internet and thought
    we had to try it out!
    Went ther on our last night and can´t brag enough on how tasty the food was! We think it´s the best restaurant in los cristianos!
    We shall be back in june and will visit again!
    Paul v.

Favorite Dish: I loved the fresh prawns in garlic and the french filet steak

• la Estancia: Best Food Ever

by galileotf Written Sep 15, 2009

I've been there to organize my girlfriend birthday party. Never been before, so I just pop in and ask the waiter to organize party for my girlfriend. They accept whithout any problems. I asked them to bring flowers when we have aperitiv on the fantastic terrasse. That were the first point. After that, we get inside the dining room, where a pianist where playing live. We sat at our table, andthe fodd delight start right away. Fabulous, really! I never eat so fine! We had some scallopas and prawns, cooked in some wonder sauce and flambee. My girlfriend had a wonderful foie gras poelle and terrine. After that, we order fish and meat. Filet steak with some foie gras caramelized where just awesome and the shark with a lot a exotic stuff is just unbelieveable! I recommend this place! The wine list is beautifull and quite cheap for those great wines they have. The final touch is always the bill, and in this case, I have to say that it is more than correct.

• Wine Tasting

• The Indian Restaurant: The Best Indian Yet!

by onmyhols Written May 7, 2007

There are a lot of 'Indian' restaurants in Tenerife, especially in Los Cristianos, and on our travels over the years we have tried the food in many establishments.

We found the food and service at The Indian Restaurant to be the best yet. So much flavour to each dish, and all freshly cooked (we could see into the kitchen). Large portions and good value for money.

The couple who own it are from England, and told us that they had an Indian restaurant for several years in Mallorca with same chefs. To our knowledge and from experience in eating in other establishments and talking to their staff, this is the only Indian restaurant that actually has Indian chefs in Los Cristianos. I would recommend The Indian Restaurant to anyone, and i would rate it 9 out of 10, dropping 1 point as i believe that nowhere is perfect!

I think that some people may have difficulty in finding this restaurant as it is situated in the town of Los Cristianos on a busy street, rather than along the sea front or main walkways, but it is well worth looking for!

Favorite Dish: The four of us visited the restaurant on 2 occasions, and i have to say that my favourite dish would have been the Lamb Kharai. The meat was so tender and the sauce had so much flavour, with just the right amount of spice for my taste. The naan breads were excellent, each one was delicious.

• Seniors

Paraiso - Valle San Lorenzo: A place in the mountains

by tenerifejohn Written Mar 31, 2006

In the village of Valle San Lorenzo, about 10 minutes drive from the twin resorts of Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos you will find the bar/cafe called Paraiso.
    Located in the main street this is another of my favourite eating places in Tenerife.
    Paraiso is very popular with native residents and the British ex pats who have made their home on Tenerife. The owner Antonio ensures that everything is first class and has spared no expense in providing good quality food at a realistic price.
    Having been shown to your table and ordered your drinks you can browse the extensive menu which of course is available in four different languages. Such is the international appeal of Paraiso.
    A complimentary starter arrives which I think you will find most tasty. I will leave you to decide what exactly it is and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. As a main starter for two persons could I suggest you try the gambass pil pil. Prawns, mushrooms and garlic which is served pipping hot. Please be careful this is hot!
    I opted for steak and pineapple as my main course, with coleslaw and canarian potatoes. My constant companion chose chicken breast with mushroom or pepper sauce, vegetables and potatoes.
    Word of advice if you like your meat rare say nothing but if you like it on the well done side please say so. Check your phrase book for well done!
    Again we did not make the sweet course but if you do and fancy something light try the Tarta Canada.
    Cafe leche leche tonight and a liquer finished off a splendid evening.
    As I said you need transport for this eating place and a taxi from Los Cristianos will cost about £12. Of course if you have hired a car you will have no problems.
    Any reader wishing to have car hire details can email me for some advice.
    Paraiso, in Valle San Lorenzo is very popular and you will have to book but it is worth it and the bill will come as a pleasant surprise and not a shock.
    Bon appetite.

Favorite Dish: Steak with pineapple - yes pineapple. Don't knock it until you have tried it.

Overseas Chinese: The Resident Choice

by tenerifejohn Written Mar 31, 2006

I have heard some people say one Chinese restaraunt is very much like the next! How wrong can you be?
    In Tenerife I have tried several Chinese and time and again I always come back to the Overseas Chinese in the San Marino complex in Los Cristianos.
    I have visited so many times that it is like visiting old friends and the owners Tommy and Michelle and indeed old friends.
    Whenever I visit I always browse the set menu's for two and then proceed to alter slightly what's on offer to suit my particular taste.
    The chicken and sweetcorn soup is a favourite and
    this freshly prepared dish is full of corn and small pieces of chicken. You can see the meals being prepared as you dine - yes it's that fresh.
    Spare ribs with capital sauce, crispy wantongs and spirng rolls also come freshly prepared and I just love the sauces. Messy on occasions but with a finger bowl at hand everything is thought of by Tommy and the staff. You get a free bottle of complimentary wine which is passable but you can choose a more expensive bottle from the wine list. Why spoil a good meal with a bottle of "El Crappo"?
    Crispy Duck and pancakes is not included in the menu's for two but it can be added and beleive me it is well worth it. The duck was superb and the sauce. I can taste it as I write!
    Our meal concluded with sweet and sour chicken and beef and onion.
    I have rarely made a sweet course at the Overseas Chinese and this occasion was no exception but we did enjoy the cafe con leche (white coffee) and the complimentary liquer.
    Eating at the Overseas Chinese is one experience you will not want to miss if you are staying in Los Cristianos.
    We left and adjourned next door to the Heritage Bar.

Favorite Dish: Spare ribs with capital sauce, crsipy wontons and spring rolls. See above for full details.

Bar El Cine - Los Cristianos: They deserve an Oscar for their food

by tenerifejohn Written Mar 31, 2006

If you are looking for somewhere in Los Cristianos to enjoy simple food prepared in a Canarian bar/cafe could I suggest Bar El Cine.
    Bar El Cine is located near the port in Los Cristianos. Just ask any of the PR's trying to tempt you into their restaraunt and they will give you directions.
    Don't be fooled by the lack of table linen, menus or the plastic table and chairs, El Cine is renowned throughout Europe for its excellent food served in what some have described as frugal conditions. But it is the food we are here to sample.
    You may have to join a small queue, I suggest you avoid Sunday as this is very popular with the Canarians, but Carlos the larger than life owner will soon have your table prepared.
    The salad consists of tomatoes and onion - very simple with a dressing of olive oil and vinegrette. I always prefer the chicken wings, marinated and deep fried. Wonderful. Or if you are more adventureous why not try the octopus, sardines cooked on the grill or even gambas (prawns)? they may also have tuna or hake depending on the success or otherwise of the local fisherman from Los Cristianos.
    Canarian potatoes are my favourite but Carlos does cater for the Brits who prefer chips.
    Two mojo sauces, red consisting of garlic and chillie and green corriander and garlic and served with the meal. He does have a good house red and white which will not break the bank or you can enjoy a glass of Canarian beer.
    El Cine is small and simple but its reputation is well known throughout south Tenerife.
    As the Galloping Gourmet once said "They deserve an Oscar for their food".
    I hope you enjoy your visit to Tenerife and if possible pop in to el Cine and see Carlos.
    He will be delighted to see you.

Favorite Dish: The chicken wings and fish! Cheap and very cheerful - but why do so many people go? Why is there often a queue for a table? Well because of the unique taste.

Instant Answers: Los Cristianos

Comments

Los Cristianos Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Los Cristianos restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Los Cristianos sightseeing.

View all Los Cristianos hotels