Playa Blanca Restaurants

• Tapa Danoise @ Atlantico Restaurant, Playa Blanca
    Tapa Danoise @ Atlantico Restaurant,...
    by KarenM84
  • Rice Seafood @ Atlantico Restaurant, Playa Blanca
    Rice Seafood @ Atlantico Restaurant,...
    by KarenM84
  • Restaurants
    by call_me_rhia

Most Recent Restaurants in Playa Blanca

• KarenM84's Profile Photo

Atlantico Restaurant, Playa Blanca: Best Restaurant Ever

by KarenM84 Written Mar 17, 2013
    Chateubriand @ Atlantico Restaurant, Playa Blanca

This is a fantasic resteraunt , we eat out a lot and this is possibly the best meal we have ever had, the staff are superb and cant do enough for you and the food is amazing, there is an extensive menu and the waitress also brings out dish of the day and other recommendations, i had garlic prawns for starter and my wife had prawn cocktail and for the main course we both had steak of the day which filled the plate and was cooked perfectly , we finished off with coffee and brandy and then we had the choice of a liquour on the house at the end, i cant recommend atlantico highly enough and its a must if your in playa blanca.. Booking recommended due to the limited availability.

Favorite Dish: Garlic Prawns, Steak, Chateaubriand, Black Pork ....Yummy!!!!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

El argentino: excellent argentinian food, al the way from BA

by call_me_rhia Written Jan 26, 2013

Run by a family from buenos Aires, this is a great place to sample real Argentinian cuisine. The restuarant is full of wood and it's very cosy. we had a lovely Xmas dinner, there - without being forced into one of those endless X-mas meals.

Favorite Dish: The baked cheese was nothing to write home about... but the churrasco made up for it: really to die for...

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

yum yum: waffles and great coffees

by call_me_rhia Written Dec 28, 2012

a simple place similar to many others.. .we chose it because it offered italian segrafedo coffee and had comfortable sofas to sit on...

Favorite Dish: frapuccino and leche leche. Actually leche leche was far better than frapuccino... it is made with condensed milk, coffee and ice-cream

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

luna rossa: and that pizza maker from neaples

by call_me_rhia Written Dec 26, 2012

A cosy restaurantt run by argentinian people who know how to cook! The food tasted authentic, not only the pizza - which is prepared by a real italian pizzaiolo from naples.

Favorite Dish: we had gnocchi (wonderful), pizza (heavenly) and risotto for the little one - who's the most picky of the family... A very happy meal.

• AnthonyGibbon's Profile Photo

Atlantico Restaurant: A hidden Gem inThe Best Restaurant in Playa Blanca

by AnthonyGibbon Written Jan 26, 2012

The best meals I had for the last 10 years in Lanzarote. We've been there more than 10 times and never been dissapointed. Difficult to find, opposite the church , above Rental Car Cabrera & Medina , near to Nags Head, but worth looking for it as it has the best quality food ever had in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.

The menu varies from fish, seafood, meat (all types of meat) and is very different than all the other restaurants. Service is personalised and customised for all customers.

Well done, Laura & Nick

Favorite Dish: Portuguese Style Steak, CATAPLANAS, Spicy Garlic Prawns, Black Pork(Unique in Playa Blanca, unique in Lanzarote), Duck Orange Juice, Sea Bass Fillet , Steak on Stone, King Size Flambe Prawns, and many others.

Casa Pedro: Seafront Fish without frills

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jan 30, 2011

Inside Casa Pedro

My first words of advice are - don't be put off if your initial reception at Casa Pedro is rather cool to the point of rudeness. It's worth your while to stick it out.

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel and was easy to spot, situated as it is at the end of the beach on a corner that juts out of the line of buildings. The immediate impression from the exterior is nautical, with the sea green clap board walls and white painted windows.

Entirely without fuss or pleasantry we were escorted inside and seated in one of the small rooms that have been made open plan to accomodate the restaurant. I looked around and found only one other occupied table. There was no background music and no atmosphere. I eyed the (real) hanging plants and the paintings and old photos on the wall and figured that the place must have something going for it as it has clearly been around a loong time.

The menus and drinks arrived and pretty quickly the place started to fill up until it was choc full and buzzing. I realised then that the atmosphere here is the patrons themselves and the sound of laughter and satisfied diners.

Favorite Dish: I started with the garlic prawns - a typically Spanish dish, the good sized shellfish came served in bowls of sizzling oil and garlic, with perhaps just a hint of chilli. Fresh crusty bread mopped up every last morsel of the flavourful oil.

Following this I indulged in the selection of fish. I was interested to note that there was not an option of shellfish, which I would prefer. The fish, however, was wonderful. Three different types of fish were served whole, complete with heads and tails. I know some people would hate this so if you are one of those ask for the offending body parts to be removed first. My fish was totally delectable.

My companion had the black sole, and if it were possible I would say that it was even nicer than my trio of fish.

We had a bottle of El Grifo, a local Demiseco white wine, plus still & sparkling waters, and coffees.
    The bill totalled just under €80. It was great value for such excellent seafood.

As we left the restaurant, Pedro (if that's his real name - i.e. the boss) came over and wished us well, then presented us with a bottle of white wine to take home. I was very impressed and would certainly return.

• Luxury Travel

La Casa Roja: Simply the best in Marina Rubicon

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jan 30, 2011

La Casa Roja at sunset

La Casa Roja sets itself apart from the mundane in every way.

It was recommended by our hotel, but I would have chosen it anyway from the fascinating architectural appearance to the mouth watering menu exhibited outside to the location right over the marina.

We hadn't planned to eat out that night, but as I read the menu I could taste the food on my palate and decided I'd chance heading in without a reservation. Luckily, it was a Monday night and they were quiet. We were immediately whisked to perhaps the best table in the house for a January night, inside but directly overlooking the marina through open windows.

The lighting was discrete and low, from sail-like shaded lamps. Tables were far enough apart to afford privacy and, of course, dressed for a full silver service. That saying, there was nothing stuffy about the food or the service - the approach was perfect.

Our decidedly camp waiter went out of his way to please, recommending an excellent local white wine of the medium dry variety. I was delighted to note that this and other Playa Blanca restaurants place an emphasis on local wines and some of these are quite excellent.

Favorite Dish: I started with the langoustines & calimari which were attractively presented, plentiful, and totally yummy.

This was followed with a t-bone steak the likes of which I have never had before. It was so enormous that I managed to eat about a third and could go no further. I was perfectly cooked, rare as requested, and served with pootatoes and vegetables.

I was going to skip dessert, but when our waiter suggested the off-the-menu frozen mojito I simply could not resist. They make it using brown sugar instead of white and it wasd one of the nicest desserts ever.

My companion didn't have a starter but her main course was of lamb chops, which were thin but very tasty. She, too, had the mojito dessert.

In addition to the above, we had teas and coffees, still and sparkling waters, the wine, and of course unfrozen mojitos to finish the night. The bill was around €107. Not cheap, but good value for what you get at a first class restaurant.

• Luxury Travel

Lani's at Marina Rubicon: Consistently good

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Jan 27, 2011

The giant paella

Lani's is a chain of restaurants throughout the island of Lanzarote but each restaurant has its own theme. They've been around for as long as I can remember and I find them to be very consistent - reasonably priced, great food, fast service, scrupulously clean, and comfortable.

Lani's in Marina Rubicon, Playa Blanca has a Steak/Mexican theme, though the variety of dishes served is so wide that you can get food to suit every palate.

Even though we were on all inclusive at our hotel, we returned to Lani's twice.

We came upon it accidentally on a walk around the very pretty Marina. It was a hot January late morning and we decided to go with the holiday flow and enjoy a sangria. We chose this place because it looked comfortable and had lots of tables beside the water overlooking the glammy yachts. We stayed for hours, just watching the gulls and chatting and when the bill came it was tiny.

We returned a week later with a purpose - to try out the avocado and prawn salad that was being consumed at a neighbouring table on our first visit. At €9.95 a plate the serving was main course sized and very tastefully presented in the format of a large avocado timbale topped with luscious large prawns. We washed it down with a litre of sangria, & bottles of still and sparkling water. Although we were both stuffed to the gills we could not resist dessert and so followed cappuccino, tea, cake, and a humongous ice cream dessert comprising ice cream and cream, two flavours of sorbet, and perhaps six different types of fruit and berries. The entire repast was delicious and came in at under fifty euro for the lot.

Favorite Dish: Although I didn't try it, I was impressed by their gigantic paella which they cook for lunch every day. I watched them cook it and then was truly impressed to discover that they sell a large plate of this for a little more than seven euro.

On our second visit, after the meal, we were invited to have a drink on the house. Unlike many local restaurants, this wasn't a simple shot of honey rum but was, instead, half a brandy glass of the liquour of our choice.

• They do not know the meaning of Customer service: Casa Pedro

by advacado Written Nov 23, 2010

Our evening at Casa Pedro was memorable for all the wrong reasons. on arrival we were shepherded into a small back room with a bar and given no indication of how long we would have to wait for a table. Having brought a drink we were rather stuck. after just under an hour we were shown to our table in an impersonal manner. we thought the service was in your face trying to up sell you more food and drink all the time. also we felt we were rushed. The food was irrelevant but i suppose it tasty OK but overpriced.

Favorite Dish: Fish

• Romantica: A Bit too Plush

by advacado Written Nov 23, 2010

Romantica is an ultra modern restaurant that we believe has opened in the current premises for the past couple of years, It was rather too plush for us and the prices were a little steep as well. One could not fault the service it was spot on. The steaks we ordered were cooked as requested and the food was a good quality. The atmosphere is very sedate and to be fair if you were looking for a romantic evening (as the name of the restaurant applies) then this could be place to come. There was nothing wrong with us but it just not what we were looking for when we are on a beach type holiday. Smart attire is preferable here many male customer were wearing jackets (no ties) and ladies in dresses or skirts.

Favorite Dish: Steak Diane

• El Horno: Especially good if you enjoy meat

by advacado Written Nov 23, 2010

El Horno restaurant is tucked away at the back of the town square. It is small in size with we counted 14 tables some for 2 people others for 4 persons. It is quite intimate and the dress code is at least smart casual , no jeans and T shirts here. It specialises in meat dishes and we both enjoyed fabulous suckling pig. a huge portion but a little sparse of vegetables. The steak and fish looked nice also. The service was quite personal and attentive and was of a high standard. If you are going for 2 courses choose a starter ( large selection) and a main rather than a main and dessert (a limited selection) The house wine was excellent. When we finished and asked for the bill a bottle of opened Honey rum was left on our table to sample with no restriction. my husband had 3 small glasses and myself two.The atmosphere was relaxed and not rushed. This restaurant is a little upmarket and more expensive than some in the resort but well worth it. No really suitable for children who would not enjoy it and would feel restricted and out of place here. As it slightly hidden it not obvious to all tourist who lack a bit of adventure. we understand speaking to other customers they return here year in and year out. what better recommendation. It may be advisable to book a table beforehand or arrive before 8 o'clock.

Favorite Dish: Suckling Pig

• Beaches

• Los Hervideros Restaurant; Playa Blanca: A hidden lovely traditional Spanish Restuarant

by advacado Updated Nov 23, 2010

Los Hervideros Restaurant is a hidden find in the back street of the resort of Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Other guests in our accommodation advised us about this little treasure and gave us specific directions to find it as it is tucked away in a back street away from the main Tourist area.From the exterior is not have the appearance of a restaurant at all and once inside one could compare it with a large room in a farmhouse.There are under 20 tables which are adequately far apart not to be intimidated by other customers but are near enough together so you can hear other peoples conversations and visa versa. On our first attempt we went on a Thursday evening only to find it closed on that night each week. When we returned the following evening just before 8 o'clock we were lucky enough to get the last remaining spare table. We were quickly handed the menu and order a bottle of Rioja which was a good vintage we think, it tasted great.We decided to order for our main course 2 of the house specialities the sole for myself and the beef stew for my husband. We did have to wait over 30 minutes for the food to arrive but it was worth the wait. We then had a fruit salad and a type of cake which were both nice. When we requested or bill we were offered a drink of our choice on the house which was a nice way to finish the evening. The total cost of our 2 meals plus a decent bottle of wine was a touch over 58 euros which we thought was a fair price to pay. The service was efficient and friendly although the 2 serving staff were rather rushed as the restaurant was full. If you fancy trying something more traditional when staying in Playa Blanca this restaurant ticks most of the boxes. It may be advisable to book in advance. If a restaurant is fukk it is always a good sign and when a restaurant has only a few customers then there may be a good reason for this fact.The majority of the customers tend to be couples from middle age upwards.

Favorite Dish: Local Beef stew

• samprice11's Profile Photo

Pizzeria New Orleans: Cheap and nasty - avoid like the plague!

by samprice11 Written May 30, 2008

This place was cheap and the food certainly tasted cheap! We had Quesadilla's and spaghetti bolognese both of which were pretty nasty. The minced beef used in the spag bol must have been the cheapest stuff they could get their hands on as it contained all sorts of "extras" such and gristle and bone! There are much nicer places to eat at near the beach such as "Made in Italy" that is just upstairs. (see my separate review).

Favorite Dish: The can of diet coke!

• samprice11's Profile Photo

Brisa Marina: Nice views, shame about the food!

by samprice11 Written May 30, 2008

NIcely located on the main pedestrianised are that runs along the coast line through town, however, the food was not that great. We had grilled prawns and an omlette, both of which were nothing special. There are much better restaurants in town (like China City and the mexican retaurant on the main shopping street - sorry can't remember what it's called!)

Moulin de Paris (Marina Rubicon): Fantastic little coffe shop / cafe

by samprice11 Written May 29, 2008

Not so much a restaurant, but more a coffe shop / cafe. The patisseries are fantastic there and it's really well located in the centre of the Marina Rubicon. A bit more expensive than the average cafe but so worth it for the view over the marina and quality of the food and drinks.

Favorite Dish: Tarta de Fresa (stawberry tart) and chocolate cake. Yum!

Instant Answers: Playa Blanca

Comments

Playa Blanca Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Playa Blanca restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Playa Blanca sightseeing.