Places to eat in Canary Islands

• Restaurants
    by JohnParkes
    Watching the sunset from our table.
    by CDM7
    Approaching the restaurant
    by CDM7

Most Viewed Restaurants in Canary Islands

• Although this is not a...

by albajane Updated May 19, 2008

Although this is not a restaurant - it's an Italian coffee bar - Mille Miglia in Fanabe district of Las Americas should not be missed as they make the best coffee in Tenerife. Run by a young Italian named Marco, I would definitely recommend his espresso and capuccino!

Since writing the above review, unfortunately the young owner Marco, was sadly killed in a road accident. However, the bar is still up and running under the new name of Bar Blu Sea and run by yet another Italian named Annibale. It still serves the best coffee.

• albleroy's Profile Photo

"El Sangre de Torro": Fantastic meat !!!

by albleroy Written Nov 8, 2006

A very good restaurant, with a large choice on the card. Prices are very acceptable and wine is very good. If you go ask for Senor Antonio and say you come with the regards of Albert and Jacqueline from Belgium , you will have a special service !!!

Favorite Dish: all meat dishes !!!

Hemingways: All kinds

by stfan Written Dec 31, 2004

Went there for new years eve. The food was nothing special but the service was very fast. They were running! It was like they had never had any guests before. This place is not an absolute must but you might want to check it out. We were 7 and meals, drinks and ice cream for all of us only costed around 57€!

This was the only restaurant that didnt charge you extra just because you ate there at new years!

Favorite Dish: I tried the Sirlion steak with mushroom sauce. It wasnt very good so try something else.

Ciao Ciao: Italian food

by stfan Written Dec 31, 2004

At the Meloneras beach is a small underconstruction shopping center. Next to the beach are a couple of restaurants and the first restaurant that we went to is Ciao Ciao. The food was ok but nothing special. Give it a try though!

Favorite Dish: Lasagna Alla Bolognese was the only thing that I have eaten there. The ice cream is way to sweet for my taste. Try the pizzas also.

• stfan's Profile Photo

Toro Negro: Argentinian steaks and more!

by stfan Written Dec 31, 2004

This lovely restaurant is both in Kasbah and in Yumbo. LOVED the food and the service is good, although it can be a little slow at times. Good prices!

Favorite Dish: May I recommand the chicken breasts with mushroom sauce? An absolute must!

Le Duke: Delicious

by stfan Written Dec 27, 2004

This is by far my favorite restaurant! We have been there twice and we will without a doubt go again. You can have everything you want, its a mix of everything. The service is good and the waitors are fun and entertaining. They speak several languages, or just a little bit. So I was able to order in Icelandic! They even have the menu in Icelandic which is something I have not seen anywhere else. You just have to go there, it is a must!

Favorite Dish: The pepper stake (I dont remember how to spell it!) is sooo good! Try it. Also the chicken breast in mushroom sauce! Amazing!

Kloru bar (Cosmos): Icelandic restaurant

by stfan Written Dec 27, 2004

Cosmos is located in Yumbo shopping center and is runned by and Icelandic woman named Klara. We went there twice and we are not going again. For the first time we went we had to wait forever to only get our menus, then we ordered drinks and 10 minutes later someone came to ask us what we wanted to drink! I told him that we already ordered our drinks and he just went away. Then we ordered our food and we had to wait for 40 minutes. When it came we were very dissapointed. Not good at all. We went out without giving them any tips or ordering deserts.

Couple of days later we went there again and we ordered coffe. It was terrible to say the least. It was like it had been made in the morning and just left there all day. No one finished it.

I do not recommand it to anyone. But give it a try.

Favorite Dish: I ordered Spaghetti Bolognese. It was ok - I mean no one can do that wrong! I have had better though.

• albleroy's Profile Photo

Restaurante " El Arrozal": you want to eat the best frech!!!! PAELA ???

by albleroy Updated Nov 15, 2004

The restaurant is situated between Las Americas and Los Cristianos, in the complex of Santiago 5, a nice place with an excelent service, a high standing staff. The prices are not excessive let us say more cheap in comparation with the quantity and the quality of the food served

Favorite Dish: Our favorite dish is the mixed paela, they prepare it freshly on demand. It takes about 1/2 hour for preparing so you have a good time to take your apetiser. The prices are cheap, and the wine of the house is very good.
    The specialities of the house are plates prepared with rize, They have about 10 different kinds of paella.
    After souper my wife was taking allways a barraquito instat of a normal cafe. What it is?? Every body knows Irich-cafe, it is the same kind of preparation with the exception than of the local liquer they are using and the cafe in on base of a cortado, very, very good and cheap!!!! only € 1,80!!!!

My wife and here

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Foods to Try: Cuisine of the Canary Islands

by seagoingJLW Updated Apr 7, 2004

Favorite Dish: Look for these Canaries specialties:

Ranco Canario- a thick vegetable soup thickened with gofio(wholemeal or maizemeal toasted and milled.)
    Garbanzo Compuesto- chick pea stew
    Papas Viudas (roast potatoes with carrots, peas, ham, onion, green pepper and olives)
    Sancocho (a stew of salted sea bass with potatoes, assorted vegetables and a sauce called mojo picon)
    Papas Arrugadas (potatoes baked in salt and eaten, skin and all, with mojo picon).
    Potaje de Berros (a hot pot of chick peas).
    Gofio (a sort of bread).
    Morcillas Dulces (sweet blood sausage prepared with grapes, raisins and almonds.)

Sampling

• afra's Profile Photo

You must try it all !!

by afra Written Feb 20, 2003

Canary food is quite particular. They have some really special sauces: red mojo (hot), green mojo( with cilander, mmm...), almodrote (cheesy acid one)...
    The small salted potatoes accompany every meal.
    Fish- no matter how simple- is unbelievably tasty.
    Desserts are to kill for. Do try them all: bienmesabe (tastes-me-nice),
    Oh, I better stop because I´m getting hungry & I´m very far...

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Traditional Drinks

by cheekymarieh Updated Dec 29, 2002

Favorite Dish: Sangria - this is a typical Spanish drink with wine and fruit as the main ingredients. It comes served in a jug. Make sure if you and a friend share a jug that you have equal shares or you could end up staggering about after your lunch!

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Try The Local Specialities

by cheekymarieh Updated Dec 29, 2002

Favorite Dish: You must try the typical sauces of the Canaries. I prefered the red mojo as I am a chilli lover. I found that the food in general was of a very high standard compared to some holiday destinations. There certainly seems to be quite high standards of food hygiene.

• rob-craig's Profile Photo

Puerto bahia: supreb fresh seafood

by rob-craig Written Dec 8, 2002

Overlooking the Atlantic ocean and the harbour of puerto del carmen,this first class seafood restraunte is more expensive than average but so what ? You cant expect the best for the price of a macdonalds can you?

Favorite Dish: Calamari,prawns and a bottle of the red stuff

• albleroy's Profile Photo

I found several good and cheap...

by albleroy Updated Nov 27, 2002

I found several good and cheap restaurants, but as I am gooing sids 14 years to Tenerife, I have a favorit.
    It is in Los Christianos, under the hotel ACHACAY, who is situated just in front of the Hotel PRINCESSA DACIL. When you are comming with the bus, stops at the Christianos bus station, you will see the blue publicity of Princessa Dacil. The restaurant is named
    Freddy's Restaurant. Indeed it is a Belgian one. The food is supperb and cheap. The French, Belgian and general continental food, also the typical Canary food,
    You have only to say you comes with the regards of Albert of the Valle Menendez 18 Christianos.
    NO SPECIAL DRESSES NEEDED !!!!

Favorite Dish: Bouché à la reine - is a kind of preparation of chicken (boonless) in acreamy sauce. We eat it with chipps or smached patattos.
    Good appetite
    also you can the (Belgian) nation wide known "Filet Americain" it is based on cru miled meat prepared with special sauces, it is delicious and cheap.

this is the mini golf of Santiago 5 in Los Cristia

• spetterke's Profile Photo

CUEVA DE LA TEA

by spetterke Updated Oct 22, 2002

CUEVA DE LA TEA
    It looks more like a touristic place,but the atmophere stays the same like everywhere.The owner and his wife doing all the work,to serve you like a king.

Favorite Dish: One of the typical meat dishes here is rabbit.
    Try it,you won't regret it.

Canary Islands Hotels

193 Reviews - 436 Photos
Santa Cruz de Tenerife Hotels
91 Reviews - 214 Photos

Instant Answers: Canary Islands

Comments

Canary Islands Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Canary Islands restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Canary Islands sightseeing.
Map of Canary Islands