Alhambra Travel Guide

La Alhambra Palace by aussirose

Alhambra Things to Do

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Written Jan 7, 2012

I hope you enjoyed my travelogues. I've pretty much covered everything in them plus a few interesting titbits about the Palace, gardens and lovely architecture.

Here I just want to reinterate that you must pre-book your tickets. We booked ours through bookyourtour.com and we drove to Granada and arranged to be picked up and dropped off at a hotel there. It worked out well for us as we were not sure of obtaining a parking spot there.

I really enjoyed the interactive web site below. If you plan on visiting La Alhambra I would encourage you to have a look at this web site. I wished I had learnt a bit more about the Palace etc before we went. I think I would have appreciated it more at the time.

Our sweet Alhambra Tour Guide by aussirose
    • Photography
    • Castles and Palaces

Alhambra Hotels

Alhambra Tourist Traps

• Aidner's Profile Photo

by Aidner Updated Mar 27, 2008

The Alhambra, in Granada, Spain, is one of the top tourist destination in the World. As such millions of tourist pack the place in the summer. Last July I went there with my wife and 7 years old daughter. We spent roughly one hour to find a parking spot and then four hours standing in a line under the scorching European sun to find out that tickets to visit the Nasrid Palaces (Alhambra's top attraction) were sold out...We still could visit the Alcazaba, the Generalife, the Mosque baths and the Gardens but even those limited access tickets were going fast!

Unique Suggestions: If you plan to visit the Alhambra, buy your tickets in advance through the Internet at www.alhambratickets.com.

Fun Alternatives: Guided tours are another option and can be booked here: http://www.alhambradegranada.org/guias/visitasGuiadas_en.asp.

Your last but not so convenient option to see everything at the Alhambra is to get in line between 5 and 6 AM and wait until 8:00 AM when the ticket counter opens.

Whatever you decide to do, do not miss Alhambra!

A brief relief on the shade after 3 hours in line. The Franciscan Monestary The Alcabaza
    • Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Alhambra

Comments

Alhambra Travel Guide
Map of Alhambra