Tembleque Travel Guide

Main road
    by El_Sueco
    The rolling plains of La Mancha.
    by Beach_dog
    Manchego Cheese Shop.
    by Beach_dog

Tembleque Things to Do

Manchego Cheese Shop.

by Beach_dog Written Jul 29, 2003

If you are a lover of Manchego cheese as I am, then a visit to this shop is a must. Unfortunately being a Sunday it was shut when we visited. Manchego is on of Spains most popular and well known cheeses, normally made from Sheeps milk, the best Manchego cheeses originate from this area.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    The rolling plains of La Mancha.

by Beach_dog Written Jul 29, 2003

The landscape around Templeque is worth a look. The day we drove across them we saw many little ´dust devils´, little miniture tornados caused by the extreme heat on the plains. Seeing them brought back some childhood memories of the time when I lived for two years in this area.

• Eco-Tourism

Windmills

by Beach_dog Written Jul 29, 2003

There are two windmills located on the hill just outside the town, we saw some 4x4 vehicles driving up to them, but you can park nearby and walk up.
    About 25 Kms south of Tembleque is the town of Consuegra, when we passed it on the main road I could count at least a dozen windmills and a hilltop castle. Consuegra is the location of the windmills famed in Cervantes novel Don Quijote, so may be a better location to stop.

• Architecture

Tembleque Restaurants

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo
    Restaurante Mar��a Belen

by El_Sueco Written Feb 4, 2004

We were late from Madrid, and made a short stop here to take a cup of coffe.
    Early night, not so much to do, but I must say that the "Donut" I bought was absolutely fresh and very good!!
    Price 1.5 euro per person.

Instant Answers: Tembleque

Comments

Tembleque Travel Guide
Map of Tembleque