Segovia Shopping

souvenirs at calle Marques del Arco
    souvenirs
    by mindcrime
    Burbuja store, open on sundays

Most Recent Shopping in Segovia

• Pastelería El Alcázar (Segovia, Spain): Pastelería El Alcázar (Segovia, Spain)

by JENNIEjennie Written Mar 2, 2013

Sweets

What to buy: You should not buy anything from these racists.

I walked in today. A woman was sitting down behind the counter and just yelled "closed" at me. I had not even spoken a word (in English or Spanish). The sign on the door said "abierto", so I said should I turn it to "cerrado" if you are closed. She said "no" and I thought nothing of it. As I was walking out, a Spanish couple walked in. Curious to see if the employee was going to turn her away in the same rude manner, I waited to see if they would walk out.

They walked out, but with the treats they purchased. I waited for one of customer to go in and have the same experience, and they did.

I went in after that to ask her why she was "closed" for me, and "open" for everyone else. She was incredibly rude. She yelled "Que quieres?" I said that I would wait till she was done with the customers she was about to send off. She said "I'm done, what do you want." I told her that I do not want anything anymore and asked her why she was closed just for me. I had never stepped food in that store, or in Segovia, or in Spain before that day.

She continued to yell "What do you want?" and would not let me talk to her to try to understand why she acted the way she did.

RUDE. RACIST. LAZY. IMPOSSIBLE!

What to pay: RUDE. RACIST. LAZY. IMPOSSIBLE!

She is a Spanish lady with freckle-like marks on her face. Owner of this business, if you are reading this, know that you lost at least 20 euros from a customer because of that horrible employee of yours. Shame on her for being such a disgusting human being.

• Redang's Profile Photo

Pastelería El Alcázar: Ponche Segoviano

by Redang Updated Apr 25, 2009

Pasteler��a El Alc��zar (Segovia, Spain)

They sell, apart from many other yummy cakes, their speciality, Ponche Segoviano, a very typical product.

Go to Restaurant Tips just to find out what it is made of and the recipe (from some links I give you), but it is a registered product, so that, don't try to cook it on your own.

What to pay: I really don't know if it is expensive or not, just, if you are in Segovia, buy it, and try it, you won't regret!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

lets go picnic!

by mindcrime Written Jun 21, 2008

souvenirs at calle Marques del Arco

There are many souvenir shops all over the town but most of them near plaza Mayor and on the street that leads from plaza to Mayor to Alcazar (calle Marques del Arco). They sell more or less the same products and with no great difference in prices. Although I don’t like touristic souvenirs I found some of them interesting for me too but I bought most of the things at the market that was taking place that weekend at avenida Fernaded Ladreda.

If you need food supplies for picnic there is a DIA supermarket at calle Fernandez Gilmenez. On Sundays it’s closed of course but there is a small store called BURBUJA at calle San Francisco just 1’ from aqueduct that sells sandwiches, ice creams, etc

If you need cigarettes I wish you good luck because it’s impossible to find them in a normal shop. They only have some cigarette machines in some cafes so look inside them.

• mollymoo0oo0's Profile Photo

Limón y Menta Pastelería-Cafetería: Taste a Ponche

by mollymoo0oo0 Updated May 20, 2008

Try the local traditional cake, ponche, which is moist, delicately sweet, and marzipan-based. A great place to try it is at the Limón y Menta.... a delightful cake shop/cafe.

What to buy: This is one of the most recommended places to try the delicacy, which is sold in both individual and large portions.

What to pay: An individual ponche cake costs 2,5€

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Lots of them: Tourist c**p

by nhcram Written Jan 26, 2007

I prefer local arts and crafts!

There are lots of these little shops selling all the things that a tourist might like (or not as in my case)
    Such a shame as there are lots of local arts and crafts made in the area and they are not as easily bought.

• easyoar's Profile Photo

Limon y menta: Excellent confectionery and cakes shop

Limon y menta

Limon y menta is just off the Plaza Mayor on the Calle de Isabel la Catolica.

It sells excellent cakes and confectionery, it's well worth popping in and blowing a bit of money on something sweet and sticky! Truffles are great, and a local speciality is Yemas de Segovia which is a sort of sticky pastry.

Forget your diet and just buy some!

What to buy: Whatever takes your fancy. Yemas de Segovia are the local speciality.

What to pay: Depends on how greedy you are!

The Shop with no name (it really doesn't have one!: Cheap food and drink items

by easyoar Written Apr 4, 2005

The outside of the shop with no name

This is the outside view of the curious little shop that I referred to in my previous tip! It is almost directly opposite the main entrance to the cathedral. It's quite easy to miss and has not much shop front as you can see here. It doesn't appear to have any name either.

The guy there has been there for years. I have proabably bought something from him almost every time I have been there - more often than not some jars of honey (the Miel de Robles is a favourite - it's Oak Honey). He seems strangely out of place in such a touristy town - mostly serving locals, but he tends to be relatively cheap and always very friendly. There are bars up in front of him, so I had to poke my camera lens through these to get this picture!

What to buy: Food, drink and honey!

What to pay: It tends to be cheap!

• easyoar's Profile Photo

The Shop with no name: Great place for simple food purchases

by easyoar Written Apr 4, 2005

Inside the shop with no name

This is curious little shop that is almost directly opposite the main entrance to the cathedral. It's quite easy to miss and has not much shop front.

What to buy: Honey!

Simple items of food and drink

What to pay: Less than most places

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Ceramics

by SirRichard Written Sep 20, 2004

Some ceramics

There are many ceramics shops and even street stalls around, where you can buy some of the many places they show as local crafts.

What to buy: The pieces you see in the bottom of the pic are called Porron and is a recipient to drink wine directly from the neck, without glass. You take the porron high and pour the jet towards your mouth... hard to do the 1st time! LOL

• micas_pt's Profile Photo

Recuerdos

by micas_pt Written Mar 31, 2004

Segovia has plenty of choice concerning souvenir shops. You will find some shops on Plaza Mayor, on the street that runs in front of the Cathedral and goes to the Alcazar, and even on the Alcazar there are souvenir shops. Although I must confess that, as with most cities I've visited, those souvenir shops are more of a tourist trap. Goods seem to be over priced and all look like the same from shop to shop. Nevertheless you if are looking for some recuerdos, those are the places to find postcards, t-shirts, hand painted tiles and pottery.

Instant Answers: Segovia

Comments

Segovia Shopping

Reviews and photos of Segovia shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Segovia sightseeing.