Barceloneta, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

Sunrise in Barcelona
    by etanous
  • City and Sand!

by etanous Written Sep 19, 2013
    Courtesy of: a-drifter.hubpages.com

Favorite thing: I loved the cable cars that go over the water from the park to Barceloneta. They give you an amazing view of everything. They are also a great way to travel quickly, provided they aren't busy. There is no sitting room but you do have 360-degree views of the city and the sea. Well worth the cost.
    I found this to be a close representation of what I encountered while there. Its worth the read if you are planning on going, as there is so much more than just the beach.

Fondest memory: The time spent with loved ones and friends over a pan of paella and some wine

• Study Abroad

• City and Sand!

by etanous Written Sep 19, 2013
    Photo courtesy of a-drifter.hubpages.com

Favorite thing: The cable cars. They give you an awesome view of everything around you and an added bonus of fast transportation (if they aren't busy).

Some great insight to the place can be found here. She is dead on (Also where I got the photo):

Fondest memory: The paella. The paella and wine. Perfect way to spend the afternoon with a date.

• Study Abroad

• adema29's Profile Photo

Where to stay? Barcelonetta of course...

by adema29 Written May 14, 2012

Favorite thing: ...especially for kids
    There is not only the beach , but they will find interesting the Aquarium.
    And this will keep them busy for at least one day.
    If you have enough space in your suitcase, take your roller skates with you.

If you’re there, go for lunch at “La Puda Can Manel” (for details, check the following link-http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1f845c/).
    There is a real “traditional” restaurant and despite of the fact that is not so “polished” as the main touristic restaurants, you’ll enjoy it for sure.
    Another option for a good lunch is Elx Restaurant which is a modern restaurant with a very good menu and a really nice location (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1f83d1/)
    You may “loose” your wife few hours in Mare Magnum shopping center (and this will give you enough time for enjoying the life : ))
    It is costly, I know this, but we shall sacrifice everything for our families, isn’t it? : ))

• Ines_'s Profile Photo

Barcelona Sunrise

by Ines_ Updated Jan 5, 2012

Sunrise in Barcelona

Fondest memory: Barcelona beaches are turned to west, where the sun rises. So, when I was there, since I could never see the Sunset from the beach, we (me and my group) decided to make a little effort and woke up early in the morning to see the sunrise from the beach.

I think it really paid off. There streets were deserted and everything was peaceful and quiet (it was April not in the summer).

It's as beautiful as a sunset, just a little more cold!

• draguza's Profile Photo

Barceloneta

by draguza Written May 10, 2009
    Barceloneta

Favorite thing: Barceloneta is the traditional sailors and fishermen quarter, and the smallest of the 4 quarters of Ciutat Vella. In the narrow streets of Barceloneta it is nowadays still possible to find the typical restaurants and bars from earlier times, where some excellent fish and seafood is being served. With the Olympic Games in 1992, Barcelona opened to the sea and completely renovated its beaches, creating even new zones, such as the Vila Olímpica and Diagonal Mar.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• Blatherwick's Profile Photo

Sand Sculptures

by Blatherwick Written Jan 9, 2005
    The Last Supper in the Sand

Fondest memory: While strolling along the boardwalk on Barceloneta Beach during the Easter Weekend, I came across a number of sand sculptures with a religeous theme. This one of the last supper was particularly impressive

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Mediterranean Sunrise

by seamandrew Written Nov 20, 2003

Sunrise at Platja Sant Sebasti��

Favorite thing: One of Barcelona's loveliest features is it's location on the astoundingly beautiful Mediterranean Sea. The beaches of Barcelona are not grand but they are very nice. I strongly recommend you stop by and breath in the fresh sea air.

Fondest memory: On our very last day in Barcelona, Liz and I experienced our first Mediterranean sunset at the Barcelona beach (Platja Sant Sebastià). We got up real early and walked down to the beach (about a 30-40 minute walk from hour hotel). Once we were there we sat on the beach for about 20 more minutes before the sun peeked over the clouds. It was quite a site and so beautiful. It was a great way to end our trip.

• Lemonita's Profile Photo

Barcelona Beach

by Lemonita Written Aug 29, 2003

Favorite thing: Barcelona is a city located on the north eastern coast of Spain and thus is by the sea. It has a beautiful beach and a promenade along the sea, allowing people to stroll or bike/roller-blade.

Fondest memory: I've always lived in big cities and I just love the fact that we could just hop on the metro and get to the beach in Barcelona !

• Klod5's Profile Photo

La Barceloneta

by Klod5 Updated May 24, 2003

La Barceloneta

Favorite thing: The district of La Barceloneta (Little Barcelona) occupies a triangle of reclaimed land between the harbor and the sea. Developed in the 18th century to house seamen, fishermen and dock workers, the neighborhood still retains its maritime atmosphere. It's a great place to eat; many seafood restaurants (chiringuitos) line the seafront, where you'll find the freshest local fish specialties.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Fishing
    • Beaches

• You haven't lived until you ...

by dballgame Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: You haven't lived until you walk along the coastline of the Mediteranian as the rainbow of colors touch down on the beautiful blue water. The weather was outstanding. The people were wonderful. The atmosphere was relaxing and soothing. Of all of the places I have been, Barcelona is my personal favorite. For 4 days all we did was tour this outstanding city by foot. Every inch was as gorgeous as the inch before. If you are borderline about whether to go to Barcelona or somewhere else.....pick Barcelona, it's a lock!

Fondest memory: What I miss the most is there lifestyle. It is not out of the ordinary to find downtown closed for a few hours in the middle of the day...everyone takes a few hours to either siesta or have a fiesta. Nothing is rushed, these people value their time...which is exactly why they enjoy it. Ohhh, and the food, the food was as flavored as any I have tasted before. I went to a number of countries in Europe and Barcelona provided me with the best cuisine.

• pargolfer's Profile Photo

Dont Miss the Beaches!! ...

by pargolfer Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Dont Miss the Beaches!! Olympic Beach was my favorite. Lots of beachside cafes and bars with oh sooo much to look at!!!! Us Americans are missing out. I have started the bathing suit optional routine at my local beach (on a Lake) and for some reason everyone has left?? Its OK though cuz now I have the beach all to myself!!!

• crazyguitar's Profile Photo

The "Golondrines"

by crazyguitar Written Oct 7, 2002

A

Favorite thing: One of the best and relaxing ways to see the port and the harbour is taking a "Golondrina", a kind of cruise.

Instant Answers: Barcelona