Bus Tours, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• Bus Tours
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Barcelona Bus Tours

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Nov 22, 2013

Favorite thing: Barcelona Bus Tours or "Hop on and hop off sightseeing tourist buses", as they are colloquially known, are a popular way to view Barcelona city.

You can watch my 2 min 26 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 4 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Barcelona Bus Tours Barcelona Bus Tours Barcelona Bus Tours Barcelona Bus Tours Barcelona Bus Tours
    • Architecture

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Exploring Barcelona by excursion bus

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Sep 30, 2013

Favorite thing: I visited Barcelona with a group of Russian tourists traveling by excursion bus. That’s why we made some interesting routs along Barcelona when it was necessary to get to Parc Guell, Barri Gotico, Montjuick or other places of interest. When our guide talked something I was taking my videos which I'm fond to watch from time to time even years later...

You can watch my
    4 min 18 sec Video From Barcelona Airport to the centre by bus out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
    4 min 10 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
    4 min 06 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 3 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
    3 min 26 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 5 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
    4 min 59 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 6 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
    4 min 21 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 7 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
    3 min 48 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 8 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
    4 min 07 sec Video Along Barcelona by car part 9 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Our excursion bus Our excursion bus Out of a bus window Out of a bus window

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Answer to Question About Places to Visit in Europe

by riorich55 Written May 15, 2012

Favorite thing: We just got back from 18 days in Europe and really enjoyed Barcelona. I'm not a hot weather person and wouldn't visit it in the summer months when it gets a bit warm, but in the Spring when we were there and starting in mid September I'm sure the weather is very nice.

It is a very vibrant town with lots going on and we found it relatively inexpensive. We rode the very efficient bus and metro system all over town. 10 tickets were a total of 9,8 € and will get you anywhere you want to go. Good food, we took an old city tour where you pay what you feel. The older folks like us donated a bit more and the younger folks a bit less. It was a great 2 1/2 tour. You can bike around the city which we didn't and you can also do a lot of walking.

We are from a bigger metropolitan in the states and had no problems whatsoever with pickpockets or any other petty crimes and we were out until midnight a couple of nights riding the metro which is very late for us. Beaches were great and we stayed at a little place part of the way up on Mt Tibadabo so we had a nice window open cool breeze at night.

Check out Barcelona. Also a very clean city with far less graffiti then other major European big cities we visited.

• Festivals
    • Photography

• Hop on hop off buses

by mani8kgm Written Oct 19, 2006

Favorite thing: Get on the hop on hop off bus. We took the Barcelona Tours service- which is the Orange bus, not the Bus Turistic which is the Blue bus. Both have two-day tickets but we found the Orange bus running a straight forward route. The blue buses run on three different, often overlapping, routes. To cut a long story short, it was a great way to explore the city. The best hop on hop off we tried by far!

Fondest memory: Spending hours taking pictures at Gaudi's La Pederara. What a lovely, lovely building.

orange bus bus turistic la pederera

• racheljapi's Profile Photo

Bus Tour

by racheljapi Written Dec 10, 2004

Favorite thing: If you're planning on doing the bus tour, do it before any other tourist activity. When you give your ticket to the bus driver they give you a coupon book. This book has discounts for Sagrada familia, the zoo, etc. It's perfect for your days around the city and the savings will save up.

Also, the bus meets up in Plaza Catalunya buy Cafe Zurich. You can purchase your tickets next to Sephora. (PS. Great clothes there!)

• lercio's Profile Photo

It's a city, but don't rush it.

by lercio Updated Mar 16, 2004

Favorite thing: Get on the tourist bus (bus touristic) to see all the major sites. Don't expect to be able to see all these sites in a couple of days. I tried and my feet regretted it.

Fondest memory: The Sagrada Familia is my favorite, what an awsome building.

Plus Cava and Paella.

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

• goglobe's Profile Photo

Try the Bus Turistik

by goglobe Updated Aug 25, 2003

Favorite thing: If you don't want to mingle with the locals in a metro car, by all means take the open-top double decker called Bus Turistik for a 30-minute round trip of the city. It has two roundabout routes, blue and red which you can hop in and out anytime, that take you to the Olympic Stadium in the high hills of Montjuic, the Columbus column, the Gaudi buildings including the Sagrada Familia and also Parc Guell, which like all visitors, you have to climb some gradient to get to. Not a bad idea if you run out of time for some in-depth visits of the sights.

• Take a coach tour of the...

by JamesKemp Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Take a coach tour of the city
    Visit the Neu Camp, Barcelona FC's famous ground - massive stadium, informative museum and lovely gift shop - fantastic for those little gifts for the football fanatics in the family

Fondest memory: The breathtaking views you can get from the mountain area near the Olympic stadium

• DCsalsera's Profile Photo

I definitely recommend getting...

by DCsalsera Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: I definitely recommend getting a one or two day pass on a tourist bus. You are able to travel to ALL parts of city throughout the day and never have to deal with the metro or taxis...it will definitely save you money and time in the end. Not to mention you'll get the highlights of the city described to you in one of five languages. =) Here's a picture of Casa Mila...the tourist bus will let you off right in front!

• canaglic's Profile Photo

canaglic's General Tip

by canaglic Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: If you ever come to Barcelona, I recommend you to buy a 'Bus Turistic' ticket. It is one of the best ways to visit Barcelona. This is an official tourist service of the Barcelona City Hall. The Bus visits Barcelona's main attractions. On the Bus official guides explain visitors what to visit in several languages. Tickets are valid for one day, during which you can hop on and off as many times as you want. It's a great way to discover what Barcelona has to offer.

Instant Answers: Barcelona