Related Barcelona Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Barcelona

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Arquebisbat, what is it?

by Martin_S. Written Nov 7, 2011

Favorite thing: While walking down one of the streets in Barcelona we happened to look into this courtyard that had a guard and office on the side. I walked into the alcove near the office and took this photo looking into the courtyard. The sign next to the office said "Arquebisbat"...we looked in our guidebook, no luck. When I looked it up on the internet, I got the following:
    So now I know it has something to do with religion, but not quite sure WHAT...it appears to be the local seat of religious power, and the guard appeared to frown on my photographing the courtyard so I did not even try to penetrate deeper into these religious mysteries.

• Religious Travel

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Options for Printing Documents

by virtualpatrick Written Mar 26, 2011

Favorite thing: Other than buying a cheap inkjet printer, what you can do is batch up your printing by saving them in pdf file format. Then go to an internet cafe to print the pdf files.

The advantage of this method is that you do not have to login to websites on a public computer if you don't want to. You can also save the pdf files on your smartphone, etc. so printing to paper is minimized.

I do this all the time. Some free print to PDF software I've used are PrimoPDF (currently use), CutePDF Writer, and the free PDF Printer by BullZip.com
    Basically these software install itself as a virtual printer. When you are ready to print a document or webpage, you choose the virtual printer and it will prompt to save it as a pdf file on your computer.

• Study Abroad
    • Business Travel

• Danalia's Profile Photo

Emergency case

by Danalia Written Jan 22, 2011

Favorite thing: In case of emergency ,here is a list of hospitals for this matter :

1. Hospital Comarcal Sant Antoni Abat

Address: C.del Bergueda 17-19
    Phone: 93-3638163

Pharmacy : 010
    Dentist: 93-2274747

• Locals show visitors their favourite spots

by sucesso Written Jun 9, 2009

Favorite thing: Some local freelancers such as journalists, fotographers and designer make themselves available to show visitors their favourite local bars, restaurants, shops, views and little secrets.
    Worth checking it out: www.rentalocalfriend.com

Fondest memory: Definety the best part of barcelona is its beach side atmosphere. The city's laid back style can be felt by every visitor.
    Also, the tapas are one of the city's greatest gems and that is what I miss the most of it

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Singles
    • Cruise

• Joacim's Profile Photo

Cleaning

by Joacim Updated May 6, 2009

Favorite thing: I must say that I am impressed! The city of Barcelona, at least the parts that I visited, was one of the cleanest city I have ever visited. It was truly amazing to see that each early morning and during the whole day people was out cleaning the streets.

A lot of cities has a lot to learn form Barcelona!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

San Miguel Especial.

by Jerelis Written Mar 18, 2009

Favorite thing: Let’s make no secret of it. We both like a nice cold glass of beer. Being abroad is always a challenge to find a beer we like, which reflects our taste of having a beer. In Australia it was sometimes rather difficult. We found out that there are quite some local beers, only known in that particular area. But anyway, we did like San Miguel.

Mahou is a Spanish brewing company, founded in Madrid in 1890 under the name of Hijos de Casimiro Mahou, fabrica de hielo y cerveza. (The Sons of Casimiro Mahou, maker of ice and beer). After the purchase of San Miguel corporation at the end of the 2000, the company was re-named Mahou-San Miguel, the greater Spanish brewing company. The San Miguel Especial is a nice beer and comes close to the lager we enjoy at home.

• Beer Tasting

• Rupanworld's Profile Photo

Wedding Picture

by Rupanworld Written Oct 15, 2008

Favorite thing: After a similar experience in Paris, (see my Paris page for details), where I came across 32 couples from China taking their wedding pictures at Place de la Concorde, I came across one more Chinese couple at Montjuic mountain, in their wedding dress, taking wedding pictures. It was a bit funny for me, seems like a new fashion in China.

• ealonso's Profile Photo

APARTMENT RENTAL IN BCN - TIPS

by ealonso Written Sep 28, 2008

Favorite thing: I am looking for a short term rental (one month) apartment in BCN for a family of four.
    There are many sites and offers, but does anyone have any tip / recomendation / good or bad experience to help me?
    Saludos
    Emilio

• Go and Connect discount card

by jansssen Written Oct 17, 2007

Favorite thing: Barcelona can be pretty expensive for tourists, so one of the best tips I can give you all is to buy a discount card, it saves you soo much money! I bought one, named the Go and Connect discount card, which was only 12 euros. With this card I was able to go out for almost nothing. I got discounts in a lot of shops, restaurants, clubs, transport rentals and more!
    If you are interested you can check out their site to see where you can get the card and where you can get discounts:
    I think it is a must in an expensive but amazing city like Barcelona.

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

ELECTRIC SCOOTER or WHEELCHAIR

by MaheshSamtani Updated Oct 14, 2007

Favorite thing: Another for going around Barcelona is by hiring an electric scooter or electric wheelchair for the disabled or the elder people. This would allow you to see that city at your own pace riding on the side walks of the city. The company that rents them out is called COSMO SCOOTER and you can get more information at their web site - www.cosmoscooter.com
    This company would pick up and drop the scooter from your hotel so its pretty cool. they have different models based ion the needs of each person and the prices go from 23 Euros for one day to 128 for a week. You can pay with your credit card. A deposit of 150 Euros is required by the company. You can contact them at the following phone numbers 690 84 55 74 / 690 84 55 73 o e mail them at info@cosmoscooter.com
    Did I tell you that they are not 2 wheelers - they are 3 or 4 wheels depending on the model and anyone can use them.

• Women's Travel
    • Disabilities
    • Seniors

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Forum

by karenincalifornia Written Jul 24, 2007

Favorite thing: When we were eating dinner at Puerto Olimpico, we saw something in the distance that looked like a huge solar panel. That's exactly what it is. It is located in Barcelona's Photovoltaic Plant in the Forum area. I found some pictures on the internet and you can actually visit the plant and walk around the solar panel, which we didn't do, but that would have interested me greatly.

During my entire trip in Spain, I was struck by how Spain seems to be light years ahead of the US in terms of pursuing renewable resources, alternative energy supplies and energy conservation. Spain's goal is to fulfill 100% of its energy needs from non-fossil resources by 2050. The US (and any other country that is behind the 8 ball on energy) needs to look closely at Spain as an example.

• Eco-Tourism

• rm2006's Profile Photo

Enjoy your time in city

by rm2006 Written Jan 11, 2007

Favorite thing: Do not too carefull think of bad people in Barcelona. Too may worried after read bad incident reported by any tourist journal or from web site will spoil your mode to fully enjoy your stay in Barcelona.I notice Barcelona people are fine and good always willing help to any tourist.

Fondest memory: Sale girl giving to me the a catalouge of branded Watch with price list, which i unable to get it in my own country.This is service which i think will make me decide to return back to barcelona.

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

Viatgi

by jorgejuansanchez Written Oct 13, 2006

Favorite thing: The staffs of this centrically located travel agency come from many different countries, Brazil, France, England, Italy, etc., therefore they speak many international languages to deal with foreigners.
    They sell the cheapest tickets to be found in Barcelona to South America and around the world journeys.
    The travel agency is always crowded, especially with foreign customers. When you go in you have to take a number and wait. Once is your turn, the person in charge of you will supply you wall the possibilities for your airline ticket or excursion, without hurries. They are good specialist in travelling, being themselves travellers. They really take care of your travel and will look for the best advantageous possibilities.
    Ronda de la Universidad 1
    Tf. 93 3011629

Fondest memory: as above

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

Via Nomada

by jorgejuansanchez Written Oct 13, 2006

Favorite thing: This is a good travel agency that specializes in organizing individual trips to the most remote places in the world, and at very good prices!
    (I bought them an economic ticket to Pitcairn Island in an interior cabin in a cruise in February 2006).
    They can also arrange you the visas to any country in the world because the travel agency is at the same time the Consulate of Mongolia. The director is a great traveller and has been in the most exotic and hard reaching places of the world, such as Bhutan, North Korea, Iraq, Robinson Crusoe Island, Socotora Island, the North Pole in a Russian icebreaker… etc. That is why he will give you first hand advice. (I went to Iraq at a very good price in the year 2003 thanks to their travel arrangements).
    They speak several foreign languages.

www.via-nomada.com
    info@via-nomada.com
    Tf 93 4237887
    Calle Rocafort 29, bajos B

Fondest memory: as above

• xstacey's Profile Photo

MILK - don't do it!

by xstacey Written Sep 19, 2006

Favorite thing: I should have no by the puzzled look of our server that milk isn't something they would drink unless it was in your coffee... well, I ignored it. I thought maybe he was giving me funny looks because I'm not 12 and was ordering a glass of milk with my breakfast. It came to me warm and had a strange consistancy and horrible taste. Maybe the server was being tricky but i will never order milk again.

Barcelona Hotels

Latest: Mar 19, 2014
Century Park
Latest: Mar 27, 2014

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Barcelona Favorites

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Barcelona locals.
Map of Barcelona

Barcelona Members Meetings

May 13, 2014
Gwened is in town again!
Aug 15, 2014