Passieg de Gracia, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Barcelona as it was for me

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Sep 29, 2013

Las Ramblas

Favorite thing: It is difficult to tell about that feeling of a holiday which I have felt, walking on Barri Gotico, Las Ramblas, Passeig de Gracia, admiring a Gothic Cathedral, narrow medieval streets, actors - alive installations, masterpieces of a modernism and Templo de la Sagrada Familia.

Having visited many fine cities in old Europe, I can compare Barcelona only with Paris. I felt the same feelings in Paris in 1995.

You can watch my 3 min 26 sec Video Along Barcelona by bus part 5 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

You can watch my photo of Barcelona on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 41° 24' 14.28" N 2° 10' 29.45" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Temple de la Sagrada Familia.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo

When Time is Precious

by gilabrand Updated Jan 3, 2006

Alive?

Favorite thing: Let's say you only have a day and a night in Barcelona, as often happens when you are on a cruise. This is what you could do: Spend the day walking from one end of the Ramblas (Placa Catalunya) to the other (statue of Columbus ) with detours into the side streets, Gothic quarter, and Mercat St. Josep market.

Go see Sagrada Familia (Gaudi's surrealistic church) at night when it's lit up. Walk all around it and view it from all angles - no need to go in (anyway, it closes at 7 p.m.). It's full of scaffolding and you'll spend half the day waiting on line to get in, which seems a pity when time is precious.

Eat at a "menjador" which means dining room. That is where the locals eat. It's cheaper and more authentic.

If you have a little more time, walk up to Passieg de Gracia (past Placa Catalunya in the opposite direction from the Ramblas) where two famous Gaudi houses are located - Casa Battlo and Casa Milla. You'll know you're there when you see long lines of people waiting on the sidewalk to get into very wild, lumpy-looking buildings.

• School Holidays
    • Cruise

• Zezel's Profile Photo

visit Les Rambles, El...

by Zezel Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: visit Les Rambles, El Tibidabo, Paseo de Gracia, L'Eixample, La Pedrera, and the Romanic Barcelona (Underground Barcelona near Les Rambles).
    Also, ofcourse!!! do not forget to IR DE MARCHA! (go out & have fun). If you like beer and noise, the place to go is L'Ovella Negra is just one street to the right coming into Les Rambles from Plaza Catalunya, (in my highschool days we use to go there. It's fun! you'll pick up lots of boys/girls -whatever your preference- I'll assure of it)

Fondest memory: I grew up in Barcelona and I can tell you that what I miss the most of it is the people, don't take me wrong! I love Americans, but there is nothing like people back home. Spaniards are open and not paranoid like we become when living in America.
    The FOOD is another thing I miss the most, my Escalibada (if you like peppers -without the hot- you'll love this catalan dish), and of course my racion de Jamon Serrano.

Instant Answers: Barcelona