Roy Lichtenstein sculpture, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

Gambrinus - a friendly lobster
    Nice flow and movement
    by Marpessa
    Roy Lichtenstein's pop art.
  • Marpessa's Profile Photo

Art/Sculptures around Barcelona

by Marpessa Written Jan 17, 2008

Favorite thing: Barcelona is definitely a city that expresses itself artistically. While out and about in the city make sure you keep your eyes open for some great art and sculptures. Some (like the ones in these photos) you can't really miss.

Along the harbour you can find Roy Lichtensteins 'Barcelona face' that was created for the 1992 Olympics. Close by you will also see the giant lobster sculpture (called 'Gambrinus').

The third photo - well I'm not really sure what it is, I just remember seeing it on my tour and taking a quick photo. As for the fourth photo - that can be found on the roundabout in front of the World Trade Centre. I just liked the look of it, its flow. I think it reminds me of something from the playground when I was in primary school (only obviously much bigger than anything that would have been in a playground).

Roy Lichtenstein's pop art. Gambrinus - a friendly lobster Something colourful Nice flow and movement

• hevbell's Profile Photo

ART ON THE STREETS

by hevbell Updated Jun 4, 2006

Favorite thing: I have a bit of a thing for statues and sculptures in the streets. I just think it makes things more interesting when you randomly come across some work of art in a park or street corner and Barcelona has plenty - from the traditional statues to modern works like the Barcelona Head, by Roy Lichtenstein, that is located by the waterfront.

Instant Answers: Barcelona