Buyers / Sellers, Barcelona

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Birds for sale

by scottishvisitor Updated Sep 12, 2006

Caged  - let me out

I was surprised to see this sort of trade in a modern city I'm not keen on this sort of trade in animals or birds. There were traders selling ducklings - chickens - hens - pigeons as well as rabbits and other small animals for as little as 3 euros.
    The noise from the birds was deafening as they cried out from there little cages
    I do hope they don't trade in the summer months when it would be too hot for the poor creatures.

• parsix's Profile Photo

DELUXE WATCHES ARE HOT...

by parsix Updated Jan 22, 2004

not wasting time

Well then, the other 30 sec there was an ad for watches. So it was one for perfums and one for watches. Is this all we have to sell?

Apparently so, I quote an article in the International Herald Tribune published the first week of January:

"This holiday season, some consumers parted with more than $10,000 for a timepiece, and they were joined by plenty for whom a $1,000 watch was the gift to give."

• Work Abroad

• parsix's Profile Photo

PERFUMES, COLOGNE, FRAGANCE...

by parsix Updated Jan 22, 2004

fragance tastisng

It called my attention while watching T.V. the lack of variety of Ads. I enjoying wacthing ads whilst traveling, it reflect a side of the local society and some are very creative. Every 30 sec there was an ad for perfums, yes it was Chritsmas time, still after two days I started to find it annoying.
    Well then, no surprise to find one of the biggest retail chain beauty chains in Europe completely pack on Chritsmas day.
    After alll those ads I guess the least you can do is buy a bottle of the latest fragances in the market.

• Work Abroad