Along the Harbor, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• Along the Harbor
    by Raimix
  • tramania's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Nightime in breeze of the sea

by tramania Written Jun 15, 2011

No need to go too far! just outside Arts Hotel you have the trendiest area for dancing and having a drink, "Port Olimpic".Lots of bars,pubs and terraces, facing the port.Really nice place.
    Have fun!

Dress Code: Jeans and trainers! dressing up! any...you are in Barcelona

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Sun Set Dance Club: A bit of a meat market

by Marpessa Updated Apr 4, 2011

My friends and I went on a pub crawl with our hostel, and at about 1 or 2am we ended up here. The place was absolutely crowded, and basically the whole club seemed like a dance floor.

I had a lot of fun here, the music was great, a mix of the top 20 music of the time as well as dance and remixed songs. I could have danced all night! And I probably would have if it weren't for the meat-market side of the club :). Although it was flattering to have guys coming up and dance with us, my girl friends and I just wanted to party... and it wasn't really flattering that the guys mostly came up from behind and held us around the waist and continued to dance with us from behind...

So we ended up spending some time pulling each other away from unwanted attention and moving around the dance floor a bit. Yes there were some nice guys here that just wanted to dance, but they were rare :).

There was also 2 bars, one on each side of the dance floor, and a small area with some seats and tables. Drinks were a bit expensive, but I think that is the standard at most clubs - to charge more than average.

Although, I have to say, going to the bathroom here was quite grosse - the toilets did not seem to get cleaned during the night.

All in all though, I did have fun here, and it was a good night.

• Women's Travel

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Party by the harbor.

by seamandrew Updated Apr 4, 2011

The club scene.

Along the Maremagnum Mall at Port Vell are a number of clubs that are open quite late. Tequila and Fiesta are two that I remember. We didn't go into any but we did walk by them and they looked like fun. We were tired of all our walking and the great meal at Mandongo Restaurant.

Dress Code: Dress to have fun!

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Nice seaside walk

by Raimix Updated Feb 6, 2011

If you a ready for nice silent walk, it is recommended to walk along the seaside of Barcelona at late evening time ;) Let say, it is possible to start at Olympic Village and end near Rambla street ;) On the way you will see Barceloneta quarter, as well as Port Vell.

If you decide to walk further to Rambla street, it becomes loud and touristy, but, anyway, it is nice opportunity to see how lively is the capital of Catalonia.

• Avoid the Joker Bar: Beware of the Joker bar

by Norts Written Aug 1, 2008

Just a word of warning.

I recently returned to Barcelona with a small group of friends, and our local guide took us to the Joker bar. We had a good night and when the music stopped we left.

As we walked out of the door we saw a large bouncer smashing a passer by over the head with a bar stool. Amazingly the passer by took the beating and managed to stumble away. He then made the mistake of calling the police, at which point another bouncer ran up to him and karate kicked him in the head, flooring the poor chap. The a pack of bouncers started laying into him, as one sat on top of him so he couldn't move another held him in a head lock so they could all get an easy kick.

I thought the guy was going to be killed so apologetically tapped one of the bouncers and said the police are coming - hoping to distract him, it worked until a new bouncer steamed into me and gave me a crack to the head. Luckily this saved the chap a few more slaps and then the medics arrived to break it up. I walked away with a sore face, and questioning whether the good Samaritan thing is such a good idea.

Locals later told me this is common place, and the police let it happen - so be warned!

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Music

• seasonedveteran's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Hostel Pubcrawl HELLOBCN!

by seasonedveteran Written Mar 13, 2008

The pub crawl ended at this club. it was packin! pretty good, but not enough girls.
    Really cool to have a bar on the harbour. only in barcelona!!
    quite an impressive complex at the harbour. I wish it was daytime to see it in all its magnificance. Expensive bars though, predictabel by the amazing location

Dress Code: Pub crawls allow everyone in!

• Kaysta's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Port Olympic

by Kaysta Written Jan 6, 2008

Port Olympic

The Port Olympic marina is lined by two levels. The top level has all the restaurants to go early on, then once you're full, head down to the lower level for a line of bars and clubs that just seems to go on and on.

There is many bars and restaurants here, including a casino.

Dress Code: Depending on where you want to go, i'd recommend smart dress, especially if you want to go to the casino. Remember to take your passport.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Joker bar - puerto olimpico: A word (or two) of caution

by hornersey Written Jun 1, 2007

just a heads up note of caution to those contemplating a visit to this bar alongside he harbour. My friends and i were on the last night of a stag weekend when we were attacked by about 30 members of staff and local patrons of the Joker bar. Our crime was apparently knocking over my bottle of lager on a table. The bouncer at the joker took offence to this and began his aggressive rant at the five of us. The language barrier did not help us as he did not seem to understand the phrase "we don't want any trouble, sorry mate". Although we all backed away with hands in the air (surely the international signal for retreat!) the bouncer headbutted one of us which sparked a clearout of the bar as the locals decided to give these english lads a good kicking. I think the low point was one of our friends being stamped and kicked as he lay on the floor unconscious. We managed to escape after a few minutes, with a mixture of injuries. This isn't the rant of a brit-abroad yob, rather someone who's stay in this beautiful city was close to ruined by Catalan thugs. be careful.

Dress Code: nothing you don't want splattered with blood

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Zahara bar in Barceloneta

by Oana_bic Written May 4, 2006

Just off the beach, a good place to move into when the sun has died.
    This bar has an outside terrace where you can sit and watch the world go by, well priced and good variety of cocktails.
    Theres one funny room at the end of the bar with red carpets and sofas which seems to be a favorite spot for couples to make out :)
    The favorite bit apart from sexy dutch waiters are the phone sets which u could use to if you order your drinks from your seat - no need to bother going at the bar!

• Muffles6012's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Port Olympus

by Muffles6012 Written Mar 22, 2006

Theres a good few fun bars along the front of the harbour - definitely worth a look after a nice meal in the area - drink is abit pricey but you get a more generous measure than you would in Ireland!

Dress Code: Dress up!! Why not!

• Along the Harbor: Boardwalk

by Hooverboy Written Nov 22, 2005

Although Las Ramblas is more well known, the harbour was a better venue for us.
    Started off with meal at Hard Rock Cafe, then ventured downhill to Ramblas bars/tavernas to intake some alcohol before strutting our stuff on the dancefloor down at the harbour.
    This ranged from disco bars to salsa bars and resident Djs spinning their decks. Great night out.

Dress Code: No trainers,mainly smart casual although some places were more selective.

• Business Travel

• Meadows11's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Puerto Olimpico- Gorgeous Girls, Expensive Drinks

by Meadows11 Written Feb 24, 2005

What a place! Buzzing atmosphere and we there most nights until gone 6am! Every girl there was beautiful, and the setting was fantastic with a strip of almost a hundred pubs and clubs. Truly memorable. However, the drink were about 7 euros each! So as you can imagine, it worked out bloody expensive when getting a round in.

Dress Code: Anything Goes

• Rahel's Profile Photo

Along the Harbor: Enjoy sitting at the beach

by Rahel Updated Feb 10, 2004

Eating, drinking, Dancing, Watching people. You can do everything you want there. There are DJ's doing a great job, but also some live bands. You can choose between different styles of music, or you can go where you like the dishes (french, italian etc) the most. In summer it's pretty much like on a greek island...

Dress Code: You just have to feel comfortable. Most of the restaurants and clubs have outside spots, so don't forget to take warmer clothes with you.

• Along the Harbor: Port Vell

by Suffa Updated Jul 14, 2003

When I was in Barcelona, I was with my mom so I didnĀ“t visit any nightclubs, but we just walk around. It seems like near the Port vell there is many places to dance or eat and drink. Maybe some of the restaurant was nightclubs also. Maybe the area is worth for visit.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Music
    • Singles

• there is one at back of hotel arts: port olympic in barcelona

by vickydudson Written Jun 1, 2003

couples and singles will like this great for stag and hen parties to male and female dancers all very attractive well looked after i.e. security it is literally next to the sea at port olmypic

Dress Code: no jeans