CDLC - Carpe Diem Lounge Club, Barcelona

Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta, 32, 08003 +34 932 24 04 70
    by Oana_bic

Know about this? Rate It!

• Dan121's Profile Photo

CDLB - Carpe Diem Lounge Bar: Haging with the Barcelona FC Stars!

by Dan121 Updated Mar 16, 2006

This was one of those nights that just unfolded before us. One of those exciting, ad-hoc sort of evenings that ends up being the best, most surreal and unreal experiences. My Girlfriend and I were leisurely walking along the beach at dusk before we went off to find somewhere to eat. This must have been aroung 10pm when we stumbled across a restaurant called CDLB. Well this place had some pretty heavy door security and was utterly rammed with diners, we managed to get a table and we could tell that we were the last diners. The retaurant was beautiful and we noticed that there were beds around the periphery. It was decked out in an oriental style with a number of Buddha statues around the place. Towards the end of our dinner we realised that slowly the restaurant was being cleared and that the music was starting to pump up. The lights were being dimmed and we found ourselves in the most happening club we could have imagined. It was full of the most beautiful people I had ever seen as well as a number of high profile football players. That was the best night I have spent yet in Barcelona. Later on I realised that this was one of the hippest clubs on the Barceloneta seafront. Check out the website at

Dress Code: We just happened to be well dressed. I was wearing nice jeans and a shirt with shoes so I guess it is smart casual.

• emilybcn's Profile Photo

CARPE DIEM LOUNGE CLUB: cool, chic

by emilybcn Updated Feb 9, 2007

Carpe Diem is a fun and classy bar and club. People generally go here to check out other people, sort of to see and be seen. The decoration is beautiful down to the Buddha inspired rock sinks in the bathrooms. The downside to this club is there is not much dancing going on, they're too busy checking each other out!

Dress Code: dress to impress

• Alikatt's Profile Photo

CARPE DIEM LOUNGE CLUB (CDLC): Not that great but location is superb

by Alikatt Updated Mar 29, 2007

First of all don't tell the taxi driver Carpe Diem, tell him CDLC. We had to take two cabbies there since the first one didn't recognize the name. It was gnarly since we waited nearly an hour to hail an empty cab on a Thursday summer night in Barcelona!

The locaton is superb, by the main beach but the VIP area where we were didn't look plush altough they were separated and are actually cushioned beds, pillows galore. But the ventilation was terrible and it was steamy hot there since the windows were kept shut due to the noise restrictions. Service was good and attentive at first but then after we ordered the second round, we waited a very long time...the lights were turned on full blare and it looked like the night was done. It was only 2 am! So we canceled our drinks and got out of there.

I thought the music was terrible. It had no flow to it, no cohesive format and it was just bad overall. The crowd is mixed, young Euro and gay partying on a Thursday night. For our group who know what a good party is, it was a major let down, a low point in our last night in Barcelona. I'm so glad we didn't have dinner there. It also seemed overhyped.

Dress Code: There didn't seem to be any dress code enforced.

• Sailing and Boating