Flamenco Tablau, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• bpwillet's Profile Photo

Flamenco Tablau: Flowing dresses and sangria

by bpwillet Written Feb 7, 2004

Tablao Cordobes-Las Ramblas

This was an incredible way to spend an evening. I am kicking myself now because I didn't bring my camera. This was such a great way to see some traditional and cultural dances. Flamenco is quite an amazing style of dance and to watch it so intimately right in front of you was amazing. The price of admission will include a drink and you can also come before the show and have dinner. Located conveniently off Las Ramblas it is a great place to hear live music and sink into the Spanish culture.

Dress Code: Most of the people looked pretty smart when we were there. But there really is no real dress code. Dress comfortably but also don't be surprised if you are turned away because you are in shorts. This location has two shows and both are at night.

• Bregman's Profile Photo

Tablao Flamenco Cordobes: Flamenco

by Bregman Written Sep 28, 2005

Tablao Flamenco Cordobes

I went into this place thinking the whole Flamenco thing was just a tourist trap. I thought I would watch for 5 minutes and then go out. Only, once the show began I was glued to my chair. This turned to be one of the best nights in Barcelona. The music and dancing were amazing and you could feel it was all genuine, the players and dancers were really into it, they didn't go through the motions.

• o_z_l_e_m's Profile Photo

Tablao Flamenco Cordobés: Dance Show : Flamenco

by o_z_l_e_m Written Oct 2, 2004

tablao=Flamenco Dance Theatre
    If you go Spain you should see this dance shows. It was very interesting show for me, their clothes, shoes, songs and of course dances. We were in a big room with a low ceiling and there was 30-40 people. There were small pools near the stage - I think it is for echo- we drank sangria, listened live music and saw their traditional dance. It was a beautiful night.

Dress Code: everybody was smart

• Architecture

• adema29's Profile Photo

Tablao de Carmen: Flamenco show

by adema29 Written Jan 27, 2010

Although we know that flamenco is not specific for Catalunya, we assumed “the risk” and went to “Tablao De Carmen”. And we spent a beautiful evening! Nice place in Poble Español, a great quality show with live music, singing and dancing and very good dinner. Tapas menu – 45 Eur, child menu – 35 Eur, dessert, coffee, sangria or wine included. The Tablao ticket includes free entrance ticket to the Pueblo Español.
    We really liked the show full of passion and also enjoyed the dinner!

• crazyguitar's Profile Photo

Los Tarantos: The Soul of Southern Spain

by crazyguitar Written Jan 7, 2003

Offers flamenco tablaos (shows) as well as Latin and salsa music. Like most flamenco presentations, these can be a bit tourist oriented, and Barcelona is far from the heartland of flamenco, which is in southern Spain. Nonetheless, Los Tarantos offers the best you'll find in the city. Ater the flamenco show ends around midnight, the establishment becomes a nightclub.

Dress Code: Casual.

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo

Los Tarantos: Flamenco club

by clairegeordio Written Jun 19, 2004

Los Tarantos

This flamenco club is located in Placa Reial, just off the Ramblas. It is the oldest flamenco club in Barcelona. It costs 15 euros to get in, including a free drink. It was much smaller and more intimate than I expected, which is a good thing. There was a group of about 6 people, who took in turns to sing and dance – a really great experience – thoroughly recommended! The show starts at 10pm and finishes around 11.15pm. This bar is frequented by locals, so is not a tourist trap.

• aukahkay's Profile Photo

Tablau Flamenco Cordobes: Flamenco on Las Ramblas

by aukahkay Updated Apr 4, 2011

Fiery flamenco dance

The Tablau Flamenco Cordobes is a long-established flamenco nightclub on the Ramblas. It is a perfect nightspot to enjoy an evening of fiery and sizzling flamenco dance and songs. If you missed the flamenco in Seville, then this is your other chance to experience the very essense of southern Spanish music and dance.

Dress Code: There are three shows nightly - 2015, 2200, and 2330. The first and second shows cost 30 euros while the third show costs 28.50 euros. You can also take the complete dinner cum show package at 60 euros but I would recommend spending the 30 euros at another restaurant in the old quarter.

• Theater Travel

• didier06's Profile Photo

Flamenco Tablau cordobes: flamenco show

by didier06 Written Mar 2, 2010

flamenco

Before we went to barcelona , we wanted to see a flamenco show. We choose the " Tablao Flamenco Cordobes". We booked our tickets at the tourist office "Plaça Catalunya". It's a small theatre, so we were near the stage. Dancers are very expressives and we loved the show.We really had a good time. You can choose show with drink or show with dinner.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

EL TABLAO DE CARMEN: FLAMENCO SHOW

by eden_teuling Updated Apr 4, 2011

INFO FLAMENCO SHOW...

This place is wonderful because of its lively music, so typically Spanish and the FLAMENCO dancers who will amaze you with their dance, their attitude, their wonderful faces and the special way they dance and sing and....clap their hands (very difficult for us)

Dress Code: I would not go there in shorts but in something decent......shorts etc. are fine to go to the beach but this will be an outing....

YOU HAVE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS: CALL 325 68 95

Address: PUEBLO ESPANOL de Montjuic

• silvia-m.b's Profile Photo

Tablao de Carmen, flamenco,...

by silvia-m.b Written Aug 25, 2002

Tablao de Carmen, flamenco, flamenco and more flamenco! Inside the Spanish Village. Probably the most wellknow spanish dance...now in Barcelona despite in the south of Spain there are the best shows...
    Artist in live dancing this typical spanish dance in a beatiful place

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo

Margarena: Flamenco and Music

by aukjejetty Updated Apr 18, 2003

The name of the place I like to recommend is not the most attractive one, but don't let it missguide you.
    This is the place where I had the best experience in my four days Barcelona, it was a local pub. Not many tourist ( I think we were the only ones), when we came in they gave us seats. It is a bit strange to get seats pointed out in a pub, but in half an hour after arriving we found out why they did that.

The local people started to group together and sat in circle on chairs. A few of them picked up their guitars and played flamenco-music. Then some of the women and man stood up and started dancing passionatly. I was so happily surprised by this that it makes me want to share this with everyone. When we were there, we were the only tourist in the pub.

• My favorite nightlife spot...

by Jackie_Bryan Updated Aug 24, 2002

My favorite nightlife spot that we went to was Flamenco dancing.
    It was unique because you get to encounter the drama, rythm and heartbeat of Spain at the performance. You also get to experience this unique hybird of song and dance which is one of Spain's premier art forms.

Dress Code: If you go see flamenco dancing you should either wear a dress or a suit.

• mercebcn's Profile Photo

Flamenco Tablau: Great Night at Tablao Cordobés

by mercebcn Written Apr 20, 2010

I think the Tablao Cordobés offers the best and most authentic flamenco show in town. This tablao is the oldest and he has had great flamenco artists. So when friends from other countries come to visit me in BCN, I always take them there. You can also dine spanish typical food. :)

Dress Code: I think it's no necessary a special dress code

• Music

• El Tablao de Carmen: A night sure to break a sweat!

by BohoTraveller Written Oct 14, 2010

We did have to direct (giggling - make that walk) a couple of sweet old American ladies to the door after they asked for directions, but we don't fault anyone for being confused when trying to find that little off-corner alley of Poble Espanyol where El Tablao de Carmen is located. In fact, we arrived a couple of hours before our reservation, mostly to locate the spot, but also to explore Poble Espanyol, which is a cute, quaint touristy spot whose admission is included when you pre-reserve a table at El Tablao de Carmen.

Unlike other VT tipsters, we decided on the full meal deal when we reserved. The tables near the stage are packed together so close that you can't help but meet the couples on either side of you. Personal space may be important when dining in North America, but you kind of have to throw it out the window in Europe and especially at this venue. Still, we very much enjoyed our stage-side seats and were excited to get the night rolling.

Our package was a set price menu with a few appetizer, main course and dessert options. A bottle of white or red house wine is included, as is water, and the service is unobtrusive and swift. In a place like this, it has to be. I had an enjoyable gazpacho and my husband a cream of vegetable soup with croûtons. We followed this by a second course of Andalusian salad and lentil stew and were able to get in a bit of conversation and wine before indulging on a main course of forgettable meatballs. Dessert, Catalan Creme Bruleé, equalled the enjoyment of the first two courses and then the show began.

Neither of us had ever seen live Flamenco before. When we first began looking for a flamenco venue, we'd come across many people complaining about the inexperience of the dancers at Tablao de Carmen, but frankly, the musicians were wonderful and performers danced the flamenco better than we ever could and they were as passionate and fierce as any dancers could be. It was a fabulous performance and a fantastic night all around. We met a few people and had SO MUCH fun and isn't that what holidays are supposed to be all about?

Total price for fixed menu for two, plus the Flamenco show and admission into Poble Espanyol: €90,00 (2009)

Dress Code: Fairly casual place. Shirt and shoes required. ;)

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Flamenco Tablau: A Moving Experience

by nicolettart Written Apr 29, 2004

flamenco

If you have never seen live flamenco dancing~~~well, just do it! It is fun and will leave you speechless at the way they really FEEL the music. A very emotional experience.

Instant Answers: Barcelona