Irish Pubs / Bars, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• Temple Bar - World Cup Celebration - 8/11/2010
    Temple Bar - World Cup Celebration -...
    by robdacq
    great pub
    by Andrewmak
  • Irish Pubs / Bars
    by jhoolko
  • Irish Pubs / Bars: McCarthy's Irish Bar - Best Guinness in BCN!

by kennymac11 Written Apr 13, 2011

McCarthy’s Irish Bar Barcelona is located directly in the centre of Barcelona and has become our rendezvous point every time we visit this beautiful Spanish city. Situated on Via Laietana number 44, the main street running parallel to Las Ramblas that separates the two major tourist destinations of the old city, “El Born” and “El Gotico”. Easy to find, great Guinness, friendly English speaking staff with tons of local info, recommended!!

Dress Code: Its an Irish Bar : )

• Business Travel

• Andrewmak's Profile Photo

Irish Pub Flaherty´s: Flaherty´s Irish Pub in Barcelona

by Andrewmak Written Nov 28, 2010

great pub

After a day of walking around town it was nice to find this bar that offered some great tasty food and cold beers so close to Ramblas.
    A lot of space so it didn’t feel too crowded. Great staff!

Andrew.

Dress Code: casual..

• marchingted's Profile Photo

Dunnes Irish Bar Barcelona: Irish Bar Barcelona Rocking pub .. Dunnes

by marchingted Written Sep 6, 2010

Loved this pub, I have been to Barcelona a few times now and sadly enough we always tend to migrate towards whats familiar by the 2nd night. Given we are Irish that is invariably an Irish pub of sorts. I visited this place last weekend with a few friends and we really enjoyed it. Somewhat new by the looks of things, but stunning location, well built, good food and probably the best pint in the city. We were a little bit fed up of eating the unknown and all starched out with the traditional tapas so it was nice to sit down in a place offering good food. Truly the burger was the best ever while the fish pie was very tasty. The Guinnes was cold with a nice head... what more could you ask for really in a Barcelona Irish bar. Nothing really throughly enjoyable and relatively affordable. As Irish bars in Barcelona goes this one is worth visiting.

Dress Code: None.

• Temple Bar: Irish Pubs/Bars

by robdacq Updated Aug 12, 2010
    Temple Bar - World Cup Celebration - 8/11/2010

My friend and I had just spend 8 days in Ireland, then flew down to Barcelona for an additional 8 days. We happened to be in Barcelona April 11, 2010 - the evening of the final game of the World Cup. Needless to say, all of Spain, including Barcelona, was excited about the upcoming prospect of the country's winning the World Cup for the very first time. My friend and I decided to go to the Temple Bar in Barcelona to watch the game. What a great place this was! The bar was crowded, needless to say. Even so, the wait staff was very friendly and jovial, though quite overworked. The people in the crowd, from all over the world, were equally friendly. Everyone spoke. There were many Spaniards and Latin Americans at the Temple Bar, in addition to people of other nationalities. This gave everyone the opportunity to join together in celebrating Spain's victory. The Temple Bar is a great place, indeed. It is very easy to find - just a few doors off Las Ramblas.

Dress Code: Very casual. Relax.

• Museum Visits

• jhoolko's Profile Photo

Irish Pubs / Bars: The Shamrock: Friendliest Irish Bar in Barcelona

by jhoolko Written Mar 1, 2007

When I got to Barcelona, I was very against the idea of an Irish bar. If I wanted to speak English and drink Guinness, I would have gone to Ireland. I wanted a Catalan experience, and I wanted to avoid the other American tourists looking for a familiar night out. But three months into my stay, the idea of a pool table, American football game, grilled cheese sandwich and one Euro Budweisers started to sound pretty good, and that's exactly what you'll get at the Shamrock. I have never met a staff so friendly and warm. After two visits, they knew the names of all my friends. It's a great place to go for cheap beers, even AFTER the typical happy hours, and they have a generous english/irish menu of food where you can get grilled cheese with onions or a hamburger or potatoes. It's also great for watching sports. With several tv's and one Enormous projector, they have games from around the world playing and are more than likely to accomodate any requests you might have. There's also pool and darts in the back, along with a basketball hoop that I sadly never employed. Top it off with internet access on a computer near the door, and you've got a very comfortable place to go to get a dose of home or to meet some new English-speaking friends. And as a bonus, it's not only filled with English-speakers. Aside from the bar staff, there were often locals around during game times.

Dress Code: As casual as it gets.

• Study Abroad

• firestart's Profile Photo

Temple Bar: Best bar in the city!

by firestart Updated May 18, 2006

My home in Barcelona :)

Simply the best Irish bar in the city! Staff is very polite and friendly (we went to a club together with them , they were our first Barcelona friends!), they have the best Guinness in the city (trust me, i tried 10 bars at least)

It's near La Rambla, just head for Placa Real and then ask. Everyone knows it :)

Just like any good Irish bar, you won't miss a single football match. They got two big LCD screens for that.

I'm sorry i cant post many pictures here for personal reasons. But if you are wondering how the bar looks like, visit this site:

and simply search for "Temple Bar"

Dress Code: Everything goes!

• Singles

• Irish Pubs / Bars: Michael Collins

by vivaBarca Written Jun 25, 2005

This place is located just across the street from Sagrada Familia. It's a good place to go if you are tired of being frustrated with your bad Spanish (as I often was), or if you just want to go someplace where you can order a cold Guinness and meet some interesting people. The Fish 'n' Chips is also excellent. Although, if you're American it may not necessarily be the English-speaking paradise you are looking for - once it took me 5 minutes to understand the Irish guy demanding to know where the bathroom was! It sounded something like "wherz da toylet lahd-dy?" in this low, mumbling voice.

Dress Code: Anything goes

• xaver's Profile Photo

Irish Pubs / Bars: Fastnet

by xaver Written Mar 5, 2005

beers

This is the best irish pub I have ever been in.
    The only confusing thing is its name, fastnet gives me the idea of an internet cafè or something like that, infact I entered this pub without expecting anything special.This pub is close to the harbour and has a strong natural theme, the staff is incredibly friendly and the atmosphear absolutely informal.Coming here, drink their bombardier, it is an excellent red beer, almost no gas and a great taste, i hope to find that beer somewhere also in Italy.They also show premiership football.

Dress Code: Informal, whatever!

• Beer Tasting

• spgood301's Profile Photo

Irish Pubs / Bars: The Temple Bar...I think!

by spgood301 Written Nov 24, 2004

My last night in Barcelona, I walked into an Irish bar right off La Rambla...I THINK it was the Temple Bar, am not sure. One of the friendliest bars I've been in. The girls behind the bar were sooooooo nice...and they're very good jugglers, from what I remember (of course, I was drinking!!!). Might they have been Dutch or German...not sure about that either, but they were wonderful! Thanks for the hospitality.

Anyway, here I was in an Irish bar in Barcelona, drinking Fosters on tap, and on the TV was...BASEBALL!!! Nothing like watching Barry Bonds in Barcelona. I tell friends at home that story...they don't believe me!

• Irish Pubs / Bars: temple bar irish pub

by firethorn Written Feb 25, 2004

We went to a couple of irish pubs which were full fo brits and had some excellent live music with acoustic guitar sets, you will find them off on wee side streets off Las Ramblas and they normally have guiness signs outside! good atmosphere.

Dress Code: Anything goes, but mainly smart/casual.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Maremagnum/Port Olympic: Great area for nighttime fun

by acemj Updated Dec 13, 2003

Maremagnum is Barcelona's largest mall, but at night it's full of people enjoying the clubs and pubs. Just walk to the end of Las Ramblas and cross the bridge and you're there.

Port Olympic is also down by the port and offers a similar atmosphere, although the bars down there didn't have cover charges like the ones in Maremagnum. This photo was taken in one of the Irish pubs we ventured into one night at Port Olympic. I think it's called Irish Winds, but I'm not sure. The party in this town goes on well into the night (and the early morning!).

• Bendokan's Profile Photo

Irish Pubs / Bars: Quiet Old Man

by Bendokan Written Nov 24, 2003

Just down the street of my hotel, a large and fun Irish pub which serves Murphy's stout..mmmm.... anyhow, they have live music during the weekends and there is a good atmosphere as the people who work there are absolutely charming.
    There is also a room in the back with pool tables.

Dress Code: Whatever

• Irish Pubs / Bars: A bit of a cop out I know...

by Janeyferr Written Oct 22, 2003

We did try to find some bars listed in the rough guide that sounded exciting, but then we gave up and had a mini pub crawl around the irish pubs. Pints of scrumpy and a touch of live music, very acceptable for me

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Irish Pubs and Bars

by HORSCHECK Updated Aug 1, 2003

Mollys Fair City

Irish Pubs and Bars are very popular in Barcelona. I have seen at least 4 just near La Rambla. Irish Pubs are perfect places to enjoy a pint of beer and to meet English or Irish travellers in a cosy atmosphere.

Dress Code: Bring a smile ... :-)

• Trains

• 80-bettyboo's Profile Photo

don't remember...

by 80-bettyboo Written Mar 3, 2003

I loved the nightlife in Barcelona...Most of the night we were drinking out ,starting at Placa Reial, thenheading down to horbour or to the beach..
    I didn't like Maremagnum that much , but I liked the Irish Pub inside, so firendly staff working and life music..I remember some night heading back to hostel early in the morning...

Instant Answers: Barcelona