Maremagnum, Barcelona

Edificio Maremagnum Moll d'Espanya, 5, +34 932 25 81 00

Know about this? Rate It!

• Sunset Bar - the best club in maremagnum village
    Sunset Bar - the best club in maremagnum...
    by Lulu_xyz
  • Maremagnum
    by chrissyalex
  • Maremagnum
    by avdb1948
  • Marpessa's Profile Photo

Sun Set Dance Club: A bit of a meat market

by Marpessa Updated Apr 4, 2011

My friends and I went on a pub crawl with our hostel, and at about 1 or 2am we ended up here. The place was absolutely crowded, and basically the whole club seemed like a dance floor.

I had a lot of fun here, the music was great, a mix of the top 20 music of the time as well as dance and remixed songs. I could have danced all night! And I probably would have if it weren't for the meat-market side of the club :). Although it was flattering to have guys coming up and dance with us, my girl friends and I just wanted to party... and it wasn't really flattering that the guys mostly came up from behind and held us around the waist and continued to dance with us from behind...

So we ended up spending some time pulling each other away from unwanted attention and moving around the dance floor a bit. Yes there were some nice guys here that just wanted to dance, but they were rare :).

There was also 2 bars, one on each side of the dance floor, and a small area with some seats and tables. Drinks were a bit expensive, but I think that is the standard at most clubs - to charge more than average.

Although, I have to say, going to the bathroom here was quite grosse - the toilets did not seem to get cleaned during the night.

All in all though, I did have fun here, and it was a good night.

• Study Abroad
    • Women's Travel

• cristinaap3's Profile Photo

MAREMAGNUM: Spring break style @ Barca

by cristinaap3 Written Apr 22, 2007

Bar hopping at Maremagnum will not give you a very authentic taste of the local nightlife, but it sure is fun. These bars are large enough to dance and they have fun pop music, as well as all sorts of reasonably priced drinks. The clientele is made up almost entirely of tourists who are very casually dressed and for the most part leave pretty drunk. If you're up for a carefree night, Maremagnum is a good choice.

Dress Code: Very casual.

• School Holidays

• MAREMAGNUM: Nothing is better

by Lulu_xyz Written Aug 2, 2006

I've just returned, was there yesterday and it's THE BEST PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN in my whole life, ever. Yes, i am fairly immature, spanish guy hungry and into ridiculous dancing but im sure i'm speaking for many and this is the place to go if you're young and non-pretentious. Drinks were cheap i believe, entrance was free, occasional free shots given, beautiful dance floors, beautiful outside chilling area, beautiful beautiful beautiful boys, great dancers, superbly international, not too many girls which is always good, great music, podiums, poles, the nicest people i've ever met and i am actually lost for words about Maremagnum. If only I could be there now.............

Dress Code: Casual dress code, we were a little dressed-up but if you do want to make more of an effort it's greatly appreciated.

Sunset Bar - the best club in maremagnum village