Pub Crawl, Barcelona

Know about this? Rate It!

• Pub Crawl
    by allea
    by veroniquecassar
    by veroniquecassar
  • Pub Crawl: Barcelona Party Nights: where the magic starts

by allea Written Apr 13, 2010

and so...I was watching at Sagrada Familia when smiling girl came to me and asked what are my plans for tonight...ummm...well...explore Barcelona for sure...she said that she is promoting a tour for Barcelona Party Nights and it an event not to be missed. and it was...the night started in Gran Foc lounge bar with a welcome shot. this place is wonderfully decorated and at the same time keeping relaxing atmosphere...I looked around to see who else is joining the tour and everyone seemed to dressed really well, ready for the night out and speaking all possible languages...our tour guide announced that it is time to leave..Private bus took us up to Tibidabo mountain where is famous Mirablau bar with breath taking view of night Barcelona. Imagine standing in terrace, sipping cava, enjoying conversations and not believing that you are here and now in this magic city...after Mirablau we went back to bus, where was a party inside with great music and photographer...seems just the moment passed since we arrived to Universal club with one more shot of vodka, where we could dance and meet locals, though I already knew most of the people from the tour so the party got really crazy and hot hot hot...however, the best was just about to come, as our last stop was Opium Mar night club where we had VIP entrance...I did not believe at the beginning when a girl which sold me a tour told that Opium is most popular night club in Barcelona...it definitely is, with great design, music, lot of space and more over terrace to the beach...this night was a highlight of my trip that I will never forget...

Dress Code: Dress to impress...
    For guys it is recommended to wear a shirt with collar and good shoes. Especially at Opium Mar there is a strict door policy. No T-shirts, sports jackets, shorts, flip flops, hats, sneakers etc.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Singles

• La Ramblas: Bar of WAX Museum

by veroniquecassar Written Apr 8, 2010
    Wax Museum Bar

Ive never seen such an originally decorated bar before. Walking into the bar we were impressed by the decoration: human-trees, fountains, nymphs etc. a great place to enjoy a cold beer even if you dont isit he wax museum! Recommended

Dress Code: Casual

• Adventure Travel

• shawkneesea's Profile Photo

Pub Crawl: El Rosal

by shawkneesea Updated Jun 3, 2009

El Rosal, met great people and great service. Just a great place for the uninitiated to get their feet wet in El Born.

As you can see it is nothing fancy, but the people who work here! Loved them all.

You got a question, just ask the staff, and they will take care of you. They speak great English.

Good cafe con leche and croissants in the morning too.

Dress Code: Casual

• SamboVibes's Profile Photo

Travel Bar - Tues, Thurs & Sat - 21:00: SMASHED! Bar Crawl

by SamboVibes Written Jun 26, 2007
    Crazyness ensues

These guys know how to party. I was a little skeptical at first when somebody on the street handed me a flyer for "...the biggest bar crawl in Europe", I was expecting about 50 drunk people and a handfull of watered down shots. I was wrong. I head down to Travel Bar with only a twenty euro note in my pocket, no way could I get drunk on just a twenty, the guy who signs me up at the bar tells me I´m just in time, the Bar Crawl is about to leave, and since it´s just leaving he gave me a five euro discount, I hand him my note, he hands me ten back, stamps my hand and grabs a vodka-lime shot from the table, WHAM! Yep, that´s real vodka, it stings a bit. Off I go, introduced to a crazy american girl with a hot body and a nice smile; one of the many bar crawl guides. I enter the next bar, show my stamp and get handed a ticket for a tequilla shot, step inside and then the atmosphere dawns on me; the place is packed with lots of young attractive people all laughing and partying, some dancing, some drinking, I´m liking it. I head on over to the back to get my shot and something catches my eye; Two attractive young women lying down on the tables with a ring of observers spurring them on, another one of the crazy guides steps up, this time an english guy with a booming voice and a can of whipped cream. He sprays a line of cream going from their bellies to their breasts and places a tequilla shot each between their cleavage, two guys step up from the crowd, the guide shouts a count down and the lucky guys from the crowd race to lick up all the cream and finish the shot. The entire night was packed with lots of free booze, a vodka squirtgun and tons of crazy drinking games. I also made a bunch of new friends who I´m now travelling with. That was the BEST night of drinking I´ve had in a long time, I had a lot of fun and I´d recommend it even if you´re just looking to make some friends.

Dress Code: Whatever you like, go dressed as a nurse or a cowboy if it suits you.

• School Holidays
    • Study Abroad

• JennaNC's Profile Photo

Pub Crawl: Kentucky:for the no-fear,spanish-speaking traveler

by JennaNC Written Apr 15, 2007

This little bar is in El Raval (ie. the "seedy" part of town) Take a right off of Las Ramblas on Rambla del Arc (or something like that...walk towards the ocean on the right side of las ramblas, enter the street by walking under a little stone archway). Walk down the street till you see Kentucky on the left. Just like the Kentucky we have in the US, I wouldn't reccomend going to this bar unless you have some ...balls. I went with some of my more adventurous friends in Barce. The bar is dark, super-crowded, and super-Catalan. We pushed our way through the crowds, ordered drinks, then spent the rest of our time there having lively, opinionated conversations with some locals (almost everyone there is...) about politics, travel, sex, etc. Although they weren't escatic to be speaking Castillian spanish (as opposed to Catalan), the company was out there, ecletic, and funny. Don't be shy! Strike up conversations, get into the atmosphere (drinking heavily is a must...). El Raval is, seriously, a pretty sketchy place, esp. at night. Keep your valuables on your body, not in a purse, keep your eyes and ears open, and don't engage strangers trying to get your attention while you're out on the street. If you want to go somewhere without tourists, but with a major attitude, or to use your spanish (other than to order food and ask directions!) check it out.

Dress Code: Whatever you want...I sat next to a guy wearing a dress and tights and lipstick (not that I reccomend you fellas do the same!)...but it was uber casual, eclectic dressing all around

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

• emilybcn's Profile Photo

Calle Santalo-Maria Cubi: Great Area for Bar hopping

by emilybcn Updated Feb 5, 2006

Around Plaza Frances Macia in the northern area of Gracia there are several nice bars to go to and later you can head to one of the nearby clubs, ottozutz, or bikini. The area goes from Calle Santalo to the nearby Maria Cubi. There are several different types of bars ranging from very classy to a pub like atmosphere.

Dress Code: no dress code.

• PINOYSAILOR's Profile Photo

Pub Crawl: Time to get DRUNK!!!

by PINOYSAILOR Written Sep 30, 2004

On our way back to the hostel to change and get ready for our first night in Barcelona, we were approached by some dude who was convincing us to sign up for the Smashed Crawl. My friend has not had a chance to try one yet, I have been to a couple of it in Rome so we decided to do it. It turns out that one of the dude who signed up was a student of my mother at International School in Manila. Another dude just graduated from college at Ateneo de Manila and he decided to go party in Barcelona before he starts working full time. Small world, huh?

Dress Code: Anything you want ;-)

• ka5637's Profile Photo

Cruce de Caminos: late pub

by ka5637 Written Sep 14, 2004

Wow, now that was a surprise!
    Just when we thought the night was over, at 6 am we were taken to the best late (or early) pub in Barcelona.
    Great laid-back atmosphere, hard rock, pool table, what else do you need?
    The place was still full around 8 am and nobody seemed in a hurry to drink up and leave. I think it closes around 9 or 10.
    Try to go there with some locals - regulars told me they try to keep the place hidden from tourists and the bouncer is pretty strict.

• ka5637's Profile Photo

Bar Tequila: Great start for the evening

by ka5637 Written Aug 4, 2004

A good metal/hard rock bar at a side street right at the bottom of the Ramblas. You can place your music requests to the dj - ask for a pen and paper at the bar. Unfortunately he won't play everything - the boss's orders are mellower music for the summer months to attract tourists - but he did play Slayer for us after the 4th night of begging.
    Great place to meet local rockers - and they are a very friendly bunch! - and ask where the action is later. The bar closes at 3 am.
    Don't worry if the place is crammed with organised pub-crawl groups, they only stay for half an hour or so.

Dress Code: what?!!!

• Music

• drei3t's Profile Photo

Otto Sylt: A lot of beer labels

by drei3t Written Apr 14, 2004

It was not actually easy to find a beer restaurant in Barcelona that servers beer labels from all over the world. We found this small bar by accident.

The prices are not high, and there are variety of beers - most from Belgium and Netherlands. They even had one label from Finland, Lapin Kulta, but it was the only beer where there was no sign where the beer is from.

They can serve you bratwurst with the beer if needed.

Dress Code: From casual to anything.

• drei3t's Profile Photo

Pub Catalunya: Local bar

by drei3t Written Apr 14, 2004

Anything is heavy pricing after Pub Catalunia

We got a bit lost outside the map when trying to find rock/heavy metal place Mephisto. It was closed so we ended up having a beer in a very local and authentic bar.

There were only locals having a beer and playing domino. There were no decorations in the place, just the bar desk. The atmosphere was very relaxed, no one seem to have hurry.

One bottle of beer costed 1,15euro, which was cheaper than in any place we could find. If you want to see how elderly locals spend there evenings, try to find this place.

Dress Code: I think they will serve you beer even though you were naked.:)

• Study Abroad

• mcnico's Profile Photo

Pub Crawl: Irish eyes are smiling!

by mcnico Written Nov 24, 2003

Ramblas nov 2003

Anyone wanting a good time in a friendly atmosphere can't go wrong with the irish bars dotted along the Ramblas on the side streets. My personal favourite is the Temple bar half way down the ramblas on the left. Good service and big screen if you happen to be there while Premiership football is on.

Dress Code: Come as you are!

• gasca's Profile Photo

Barcelona's Nightlife general Opinion

by gasca Updated Dec 4, 2002

Sometimes people have discussed about Barcelona's nightlife. In my opinion Barcelona's night is not the best I've seen in Spain.

This is primarily because we are a 'European-like' city and we are very modern. So this brings sophisticated night clubs, places closing at 2 o'clock...etc (2 o'clock is really very early). So if you want to go out at night so must go to a disco (in general discos are soft) till 5 or 6 in the morning, or die in the street. There's nothing else. There's nothing about street's nightlife, or there's much less than it should be.

If you go to Plaça Reial (very nice at day) you can find a lot of people drinking on the floor and some artists doing some juggling and it's all very hippie athmosphere, but it's different to some other cities in Spain.

I would rather recommend you Madrid or south of Spain if you wanna go to Spain for fun time: people is much nicer, more open, and like party more. Bars close later...

In Barcelona you can have everything you want about specialized night clubs: Jamboree it's jazz club, bars with live music, Irish pubs, bars with flamenco shows...etc

• Saldi's Profile Photo

Ufff!...a lot of places.....: Mmmmmm....The spanish knows how to get fun

by Saldi Written Oct 2, 2002

last daaance, last daaanncee, tooooniiiiigghhttt!!

For example: "Café Royal"... inside the gothic quartier and next to "plaza Real".
    "Club Salsitas"... very trendy, but a little bit expensive . At first time is a bar restaurant, but after 12:00am is a discoteque.... nice to go there.

"The Filarmonical" is a pub where all the tourist meet other tourist or some natives... everybody speaks english and spanish so, if you want to see people from other countries and cultures in a small pub...this is the place, it's really fun!.

"La Paloma".... a huge discotheque, wih great music, it was a antique theater, but now it's one of the most popular dance clubs in Barcelona....

Dress Code: In some places, the club reserved the permission of admission... sometimes you are in the row, and the guard selects the people... always try to be well dressed...just in case (mostly in some clubs like "Café Royal", "Club Salsitas" or "Bikini Club")... so, try to watch first the dress code first , to avoid a bad or nasty experience after...

• donal's Profile Photo

the mond bar/cd drome records: the mond bar/cd drome records

by donal Written Sep 7, 2002

the mond bar and cd drome records are lumped together because they are almost the epicentres of barcelona's pasion for all things pop. for them pop is bowie, pop is the cure, pop is new order, pop is twiggy, pop is about being superskinny and looking like an extra in a pulp video, pop is f**ked-up cool with a real twist of fun. everyone spends forever dressing up to dress down. being barcelona everything about pop is beautiful. in the absence of the long lamented pop place bar the mond bar in place del sol, gracia is the place to groove to the best from tortured melody freaks from jarvis cocker to serge gainsbourg. it is barcelona's own sound. check out flirt live if you can, they are barcelona pop incarnate.
    cd drome records is where the music gets pumped out from, just off las ramblas (well down a bit), this is one of the finest shops in the world where great new music from all over the world mysteriously surfaces.

Dress Code: boys and girls: sexless 'farah' or 'lois' style trousers with oversized retro underwear always showing. topped off with little white tee-shirts and tight wool jumpers with slight polo necks. the girls wear long hair whilst the boy all want to look like they've just been seen by brett 'suede' andersons personal coiffure. pics to follow i promise!!

Instant Answers: Barcelona